This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    January by Pilot?

Or Come up And See Me, Cockney Rebel?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Where do i send your coconut . Pilot January

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    FFS you do know its a radio station, and there are plenty more to choose from?

Absolute rock Station for me

Magic soul for me

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Does anyone remember the reverend/preist that used to be on For FM about midnight on a Saturday night and folk would phone in to talk to him? Seemed like a bunch of crazies that would phone in but you got the odd call like my example below.

(***DISCLAIMER*** all characters are fictional and any likeness to any real person is not intended)

Reverend.
    Hello there Agnes, you're through to Reverend xxxxxxx

Agnes. Oh its my husband Wullie reverend. He's away to the bloody pub again and he'll come home angry and drunk.

Reverend. There there dear, a few sips of the holy wine is perfectly acceptable.

Agnes. Aye a know but its every night reverend, he comes home and starts shouting and swearing at me because his dinners in the dog.

Reverend. Well perhaps cooking his dinner when he comes home is a better idea then dear?

Agnes. Thank you reverend, I'll give tha........ Oh no reverend, he's back, Wullies back from the pub, he's kicking the door and shouting at me. (Husband in background - AGNES WHIRS MA DINNER YOU NO GOOD LAZY SO AND SO and the noise of things being thrown and broken.

Reverend. Agnes, are you ok my child?

Agnes. Oh reverend he's got the belt out again he's coming for me.

Phone goes dead....

Reverend. Well we seem to have lost Anges there. I hope she resolves things with her husband We are all Gods children after all. Moving onto our next caller Betty from xxxxxx who would like to talk about her best friend and next door neighbour Wilma who she's not been seen for over a week now but her husband Tam has been out digging in the garden during the night....
    Reminded me of this...

https://youtu.be/FEUB8NVPX6I
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

That might have been his name.
    Andy Monaghan

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Where do i send your coconut . Pilot January
    Can it start at centre half next Thursday?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by aarsan View Post
    Andy Monaghan
    It was Father Andy Monaghan. He was parish priest out at Pathhead until last year when he was retired. Lovely guy. Covers for other priests who are on holiday now. Recently been at St John's Portobello.

Sure he was nephew of Bishop Monaghan if anyone remembers him from years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Can it start at centre half next Thursday?

Your bounty say that

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Your bounty say that
    I might have known someone would try to milk the puns.

No radio for me in the car, let alone Radio Forth. Much prefer a memory card with a few hundred songs of my choosing which is effectively my own advert free radio station.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    January by Pilot?

Or Come up And See Me, Cockney Rebel?

One of the band members from pilot used to drink in my local in Easter Road, his name was Ray and by that time he was a right bevvy merchant, but a nice guy with loads of stories to tell. I remember watching an old top of the pops or something like that a few years later with a now ex girlfriend. January came on and I remember sitting up and telling her to be quiet, she said what’s wrong, and I replied that *******s due me a tenner. Which he still is

United we stand here....

On the subject of radio forth it’s a shame that it’s gone from what it was to what it is now. In the days before the internet and digital radio Tom Wilson’s stepping out show on a Saturday was the envy of everyone who liked dance music but didn’t live in the Edinburgh area. It’s funny to think how things where then, and how quickly they’ve changed in such a short space of time.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    On the subject of radio forth it’s a shame that it’s gone from what it was to what it is now. In the days before the internet and digital radio Tom Wilson’s stepping out show on a Saturday was the envy of everyone who liked dance music but didn’t live in the Edinburgh area. It’s funny to think how things where then, and how quickly they’ve changed in such a short space of time.
    Good post.

The change since I was in my teens to now is unreal. I used to listen to him every sat in the days before I’d hit the town. Have mates round and record it. Internet has changed the world so much not always for the best has to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Good post.

The change since I was in my teens to now is unreal. I used to listen to him every sat in the days before I’d hit the town. Have mates round and record it. Internet has changed the world so much not always for the best has to be said.
    You’re definitely right about it not always being for the best. I’m guessing you’re around the same age as me. We will be the last people on earth that grew up without mobile phones and internet access. It’s really weird when you think about it. I remember being in primary school and there was one computer for the whole school.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I had no idea it still runs.

Radio Forth used to have local news and magazine programmes. Margo Macdonald presented a show I recall.
    Not now. It's all pop. Same output as Clyde I gather. Shame. To get real local news folk have to buy the Evening News which is not great either.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Not listened to either forth station for years and not a fan of AM. DAB when in my car offer up a wider range than in the past.

Trouble with most radio stations is having to listen to the adverts e.g. when the broadcast is put forward as the Scottish version but in fact the traffic reports and adverts for Chinese carryouts in Wishaw etc mean its just another west coast media presentation. Though listening to the adverts on foreign stations when abroad is always culturally interesting if you can understand!

Radio 2 with no adverts (and when some annoying pratt) is not at the helm can be good. Listen out on a Monday night for the eclectic range of blues music or for just the voice alone Cerys Mathews

First Team Breakthrough
    Tom Wilson, sadly no longer with us, was the older brother of Scott “another Tynecastle sellout” Wilson. Not a bad guy really !

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Never been the same since they took 'Night School' off the air!

Seriously though, I think I slightly prefer listening to the plethora of adverts over the identikit presenter/music combo...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    Never been the same since they took 'Night School' off the air!

Seriously though, I think I slightly prefer listening to the plethora of adverts over the identikit presenter/music combo...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    6 Music beats both hands-down IMO.

You’re definitely right about it not always being for the best. I’m guessing you’re around the same age as me. We will be the last people on earth that grew up without mobile phones and internet access. It’s really weird when you think about it. I remember being in primary school and there was one computer for the whole school.
    Haha our school was the same. Only the one the old bbc computer. Yeah when I tell my son there wasn’t any iPhones or iPads around and if you wanted to find something out you would have to look it up in a book. I’m glad I grew up when I did, I’d hate growing up in this fake social media world.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Haha our school was the same. Only the one the old bbc computer. Yeah when I tell my son there wasn’t any iPhones or iPads around and if you wanted to find something out you would have to look it up in a book. I’m glad I grew up when I did, I’d hate growing up in this fake social media world.
    When I tell my daughter what it was like before iPads and internet she calls it the olden days.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    FFS you do know its a radio station, and there are plenty more to choose from?
    It’s the nature of message boards I think.

If the OP had been about how good the station was it would quickly have turned into folk moaning about it!

I sometimes wonder if it’s a Scottish thing? Threads moaning / complaining about stuff are pretty much always more popular than positive ones. Never really understood why.

When I tell my daughter what it was like before iPads and internet she calls it the olden days.
    😂 exactly what my son calls them as well.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Does anyone listen to AM radio now or is it just me?

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TRC View Post
    A few of them used to come in to my old work. When the Germans took over they basically said that this is the music you play. I think it was 5 songs per day they could choose themselves, but those were also from a catalogue.
    It's like they have a license to only play certain songs and it's the same garbage every day they put on

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Does anyone listen to AM radio now or is it just me?

Forth 2 isn't too bad but similar to forth one sometimes where they have the same stuff on regularly

@hibs.net private member therealgavmac's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was much better when Jay Crawford was on it when it was still Radio Forth FM. It went downhill when they went digital.

Can't stand Boogie and the laughing cow, or any of the other presenters for that matter plus the complete and utter pish music they play these days, all modern crap aimed at folk under 20.

In my car I'm not fortunate enough to have a digital radio but my radio is always, and I do mean always tuned into 1 of 4 AM frequency stations 1548 Forth AM, 1215 Absolute Radio, 810 MW Radio Scotland for then football/off the ball only and 198 LW BBC Radio 4.

A mix of everything in there, golden oldies on Forth AM, Modern rock/indie as well as 80s and 90s on Absolute Radio and Politics, current affairs, book of the week etc and of course the shipping forecast on Radio 4. That does me.

Ram yer Forth 1.
    My wee granny used to listen to it when it was just Radio Forth, 194..... Gerry McKenzie in a Sunday 😂

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    Forth 2 isn't too bad but similar to forth one sometimes where they have the same stuff on regularly

They play songs from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. Forth 1 seem to just play songs from 2017/2018.... and its all pish.

, I'd rather have my hoop scraped with a wire brush and detol than listen to that utter garbage.
    Third rate amateurish p##h station....and riddled wi tramps.

One prefers Radio 3 on the State Propaganda Broadcasting Corruption.🧐🧐🧐