hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Great for the neutral but extremely concerning for us. I said it last night but conceding 4 goals to a part time team who are 5th in the Fareo Islands league is as bad as losing 7 to an excellent Malmo . The defending was horrendous. Sorry but that wasn't good enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great for the neutral but extremely concerning for us. I said it last night but conceding 4 goals to a part time team who are 5th in the Fareo Islands league is as bad as losing 7 to an excellent Malmo . The defending was horrendous. Sorry but that wasn't good enough.
    It can definitely be said that it’s worse defensively to lose 4 against them compared to 7 against Malmo but the overall performance (as poor as it was) and score line last night were definitely not as bad as a 0-7 drubbing.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I’ve seen that first sentence quite a few times on here recently. People do realise that’s a big part of football, don’t they? It’s exactly what you’re doing when you celebrate a goal, when you cried when Hibs won the cup, when you scream at a referee for a shocking decision or when you go home in a foul mood because Hibs have just lost a derby/cup final or whatever.. it’s kind of how being a football fan is. You’re emotionally (and financially) invested in it whether you have control or not.

The games a bogey if there’s no point in getting worked up about anything surely?
    I agree with most of what you say. However, I tend to compartmentalise my passion for Hibs and I don’t share my views unrelentingly, ignoring points others make and ploughing on with the same unwavering stance regardless.

Aye, it’s a forum, but when you don’t consider others views then surely it just becomes some kind of self indulgent soapbox.

What have we learned from two ties? That the defence is ***** without McGregor and Hanlon, that we can score goals from all over the pitch against a poor side, that Mallan has an eye for a goal......

Scoring 12 is magnificent, losing 5 is terrible. So food for thought. In the meantime lets just keep the faith and I would suggest for the sake of your emotional well being that you develop a bit perspective.

The commentary last night was hilarious...some great quotes but my favourite was during the worst of the fog the guy said "that was potentially magnificent play down that wing"

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Not concerned in the slightest. Smashing fitba!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post

We had a 5 goal lead from the first leg. We were sloppy.

It’s ok. Seen much worse from Scottish teams in Europe in recent years.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    I’ve seen that first sentence quite a few times on here recently. People do realise that’s a big part of football, don’t they? It’s exactly what you’re doing when you celebrate a goal, when you cried when Hibs won the cup, when you scream at a referee for a shocking decision or when you go home in a foul mood because Hibs have just lost a derby/cup final or whatever.. it’s kind of how being a football fan is. You’re emotionally (and financially) invested in it whether you have control or not.

The games a bogey if there’s no point in getting worked up about anything surely?
    You're right, passion and caring about your team is what makes a person a supporter but people can definitely take it too far.

We have to realise that ultimately we have no control over performances and transfers so while we can discuss and debate, disagree and find common ground, there needs to be a level of rationality about it otherwise it turns in to bickering and mass hysteria, making this place no better than other forums that we do so love to mock.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We played a defence that will never play together again, They defended poorly, but they will never play together again.

We also had a couple of poor performances in Midfield, with Bartley poor and McGinn. They probably wont play together again.

We got through and scored 12 goals, and new players WILL come in, and the team that took to the pitch last night will never play together again.

And as much as some of you bed wetters dont want to hear it, our season starts for real when we play our first league game.

Until such times as we play in Europe most years, we wont be competing in the Europa League stages until we have a much stronger team than we currently have, as a team who competes at the top end of the SPFL like Aberdeen have with more funds and a better team have struggled to do.

What makes anyone think we can just roll up after 3 seasons in the Championship, 1 season back in the top league, and then you want us to get into the league stages, yet nobody has since Aberdeen did it umpteen years ago?

Moan moan ****in moan, i get it if we were struggling, and a team fighting relegation, but FFS these are the good times, Hibs are in Europe but its crisis time again for the wetters.

They wont be happy until they have something substantial to moan about.

I'm glad we have a management team in place, who go after real targets, quality players who will improve us long term, not give us the boom and bust football some of you lot clearly strive for.

Blog Entries
    Was anyone watching it via the Hibs Retro stream? It was bizarre. When the fog came in, the commentators’ ( one sounded like Michael Stewart) voices lowered and sounded like they were coming from the bathroom, there were screenshots of someone flicking through BT Sports menus and male and female voices laughing and joking in the background. You even heard what sounded like the organisers talking about coverage of the Greek game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We played a defence that will never play together again, They defended poorly, but they will never play together again.

We also had a couple of poor performances in Midfield, with Bartley poor and McGinn. They probably wont play together again.

We got through and scored 12 goals, and new players WILL come in, and the team that took to the pitch last night will never play together again.

And as much as some of you bed wetters dont want to hear it, our season starts for real when we play our first league game.

Until such times as we play in Europe most years, we wont be competing in the Europa League stages until we have a much stronger team than we currently have, as a team who competes at the top end of the SPFL like Aberdeen have with more funds and a better team have struggled to do.

What makes anyone think we can just roll up after 3 seasons in the Championship, 1 season back in the top league, and then you want us to get into the league stages, yet nobody has since Aberdeen did it umpteen years ago?

Moan moan ****in moan, i get it if we were struggling, and a team fighting relegation, but FFS these are the good times, Hibs are in Europe but its crisis time again for the wetters.

I'm glad we have a management team in place, who go after real targets, quality players who will improve us long term, not give us the boom and bust football some of you lot clearly strive for.
    I understand your viewpoint and likeminded folk are entitled to adopt that mindset, but it’s a forum where folk let off a wee bit steam and, if that includes negativity and criticism, so what? It p*s*es me off to read the constant references to bed wetting etc. That is just as annoying and irritating to folk of the other viewpoint as their’s is to you. What a boring place this would be if we all adopted a ‘Stepford Wives’ outlook on our club.

I await the posters pulling you up for repeating yourself. I’ll not hold my breath though.

I would actually agree with bits of your post about last nights game in that I’m not particularly worried about how it panned out because as you said, a lot of them won’t be playing together again. I do think that the ones that did play though need to take a good look at themselves, mainly the defensive side of the team.

The bit about our season starting in our first league game is rubbish though no matter how many times you say it. It started last week. We’re playing competitive games that come with good financial incentives to win. Will we make the group stages? Probably not and we probably wouldn’t even with the squad that finished last season. If we get through this next round we’ll have had 6 European ties (possibly more) and I would suspect we’ll have earned a fairly substantial wedge of money from doing so. It doesn’t need to be a case of group stages or don’t bother.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 20-07-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Was anyone watching it via the Hibs Retro stream? It was bizarre. When the fog came in, the commentators’ ( one sounded like Michael Stewart) voices lowered and sounded like they were coming from the bathroom, there were screenshots of someone flicking through BT Sports menus and male and female voices laughing and joking in the background. You even heard what sounded like the organisers talking about coverage of the Greek game.
    I didn’t really notice that but when the Celtic game came on at half time the commentators sounded like pilots making an announcement on a plane

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I understand your viewpoint and likeminded folk are entitled to adopt that mindset, but it’s a forum where folk let off a wee bit steam and, if that includes negativity and criticism, so what? It p*s*es me off to read the constant references to bed wetting etc. That is just as annoying and irritating to folk of the other viewpoint as their’s is to you. What a boring place this would be if we all adopted a ‘Stepford Wives’ outlook on our club.
    What else would you call people who completely ignore what is going on at the club, how well they have done, how well they have risen from real depths of despair in being relegated, to winning that cup, promotion and then qualification to Europe through our league position?

We have come such a long way in a short space of time, and all i see is moan moan moan at us not having our team in before a game which we've won easily.

Its as if our management team dont know what they are doing, its as if they are deliberately not signing players just to upset us.

What do those who are pissed off suggest the management team do differently to what they are doing now?

Why are they not bringing in players, just now, why are we hanging about playing games In Europe with a squad clearly good enough to get through this tie with this bunch of players?

Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    I lost the game after an hour. Was watching it on Virgin. Phoned to complain and they said it was a regional problem. They then offered me a days refund which works out at a 30th of £11.99 = about 40pence I told them to stick that offer where the sun don't shine and am awaiting a call back from a supervisor.
    Same here. Thought my new subscription was at fault but could not make contact with Virgin

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I would have liked the performance (the defending in particular) to be a bit more professional, I understand what people are saying regarding the entertainment value and it was! But I expected a bit more from Hibs last night. 2 or 3 years ago I would have agreed with a lot of what's being posted but IMO we should be moving past a lot of this now if we have any ambition going forward. Freak results happen but we let it happen last night and that's what is annoying me. We will need to better next week.

What else would you call people who completely ignore what is going on at the club, how well they have done, how well they have risen from real depths of despair in being relegated, to winning that cup, promotion and then qualification to Europe through our league position?

We have come such a long way in a short space of time, and all i see is moan moan moan at us not having our team in before a game which we've won easily.

Its as if our management team dont know what they are doing, its as if they are deliberately not signing players just to upset us.

What do those who are pissed off suggest the management team do differently to what they are doing now?

Why are they not bringing in players, just now, why are we hanging about playing games In Europe with a squad clearly good enough to get through this tie with this bunch of players?
    I’m going to presume this is aimed at me and a couple of other so:

Nobody is ignoring how well the club has done the last 4 years. Look through my previous posts if you fancy and you’ll see that, I’ve given the club, NL, LD and the players as a collective and individually plenty of praise. However, how well we’ve done the last few years doesn’t mean that as a fan you can’t crave more, to keep improving, to give Europe a good go, to dream of getting into the group stages.

It’s not moan moan moan, they’re legitimate concerns that people are raising. The success we’ve had previously is now in the past, its not really relevant to concerns about the upcoming season. Just cause you don’t agree with the concerns it doesn’t make them less worthy of discussion as a few posters on here seem to think.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 20-07-2018 at 08:15 AM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar

Nobody is ignoring how well the club has done the last 4 years. Look through my previous posts if you fancy and you’ll see that, I’ve given the club, NL, LD and the players as a collective and individually plenty of praise. However, how well we’ve done the last few years doesn’t mean that as a fan you can’t crave more, to keep improving, to give Europe a good go, to dream of getting into the group stages.

It’s not moan moan moan, they’re legitimate concerns that people are raising. Just cause you don’t agree with the concerns it doesn’t make them less worthy of discussion as a few posters on here seem to think.
    but when you continually repeat something it kind of loses it's affect?

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    but when you continually repeat something it kind of loses it's affect?
    And when Blackpool Hibs replies to alot of my comments with the same counter points (or even posts it without me posting as he does above) it doesn’t lose its affect? As I said previously, the fact that I constantly get pulled up for it yet BH would suggest it’s not the repetition that people don’t like, it’s the fact that they don’t agree with the opinion. I would point out btw that I have no issue with BHs replies.

It’s not moan moan moan, they’re legitimate concerns that people are raising. Just cause you don’t agree with the concerns it doesn’t make them less worthy of discussion.
    It is moan moan moan, you are ignoring what we've done and how we've done it. You are ignoring our position and whats actually happening at the club.

What could possibly be the reason Neil Lennon has not brought enough players in for your liking, Why is he waiting for players he's targeted rather than just settling for players further down the pecking order?

Blog Entries

I agree with you entirely about the folk who moan and complain continually about this and that, but I get annoyed when folk, who react spontaneously and vent their feelings when they don’t like what they were seeing, are jumped upon as some sort of inferior beings. For example last night, I spontaneously commented, when we went two down, that it was a disgrace. Lo and behold some geezer’s jumping down my throat telling me to put on fresh pants and get back to Yam land. Maybe we should meet half roads and become bed clappers or happy wetters.

And when Blackpool Hibs replies to alot of my comments with the same counter points (or even posts it without me posting as he does above) it doesn’t lose its affect? As I said previously, the fact that I constantly get pulled up for it yet BH would suggest it’s not the repetition that people don’t like, it’s the fact that they don’t agree with the opinion. I would point out btw that I have no issue with BHs replies.
    But you dont have any answers, all you do is moan about things that have not even happened yet, thats not an opinion?

It is moan moan moan, you are ignoring what we've done and how we've done it. You are ignoring our position and whats actually happening at the club.

What could possibly be the reason Neil Lennon has not brought enough players in for your liking, Why is he waiting for players he's targeted rather than just settling for players further down the pecking order?
    You’ve literally moaned your tits off for days telling me I’m moaning. How ironic.

I’m not ignoring what’s going on at the club, hence why I have concerns about the squad we have for what’s going to be difficult games coming up.

Like I said previously (considering you keep telling me I’m repeating myself you don’t seem to take this in) I don’t know how things work behind the scenes. I’m not ITK. I don’t know what’s going on with our signings but I do know that our season is underway and I reckon we are a good few players short. I’m allowed to think that and im allowed to post that as much as you seem to hate that fact.

But you dont have any answers, all you do is moan about things that have not even happened yet, thats not an opinion?
    Having an opinion on things that could potentially happen is still having an opinion..

You’ve literally moaned your tits off for days telling me I’m moaning. How ironic.

I’m not ignoring what’s going on at the club, hence why I have concerns about the squad we have for what’s going to be difficult games coming up.

Like I said previously (considering you keep telling me I’m repeating myself you don’t seem to take this in) I don’t know how things work behind the scenes. I’m not ITK. I don’t know what’s going on with our signings but I do know that our season is underway and I reckon we are a good few players short. I’m allowed to think that and im allowed to post that as much as you seem to hate that fact.
    I'm pissing against the wind.

I'm pissing against the wind.
    Likewise. You don’t like people not having the exact same thoughts as you by the looks of things. Forums maybe aren’t the place for you.

Testimonial Due
    We put more goals past runavik over two legs than anyone else ever has, and they've played some big teams over the years.

Hibs are brilliant.

I'm thinking the same we had the tie won. Our wingbacks were more like wingingers efe who wandered more than the naked rambler. A player who has always been a suspect defender (imho) at centre back! Also thought we stood off them so there were no bookings or injuries.

Hibs are certainly not dull at the moment! Over 5 goals I make it in 5 of our last 10 games??

6-4 v faroes
    6-1 v faroes
    6-0 v berwick
    5-5 v rangers
    5-3 v killie

@hibs.net private member
    Thoroughly agree with folk saying it’s a makeshift defence etc etc. Wait till Paul and Daz are back, fair enough comments BUT what if one or both get injured ( God forbid ) and we are left with last nights defence?

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Thoroughly agree with folk saying it’s a makeshift defence etc etc. Wait till Paul and Daz are back, fair enough comments BUT what if one or both get injured ( God forbid ) and we are left with last nights defence?

GGTTH
    You could say the same about the forwards though as without Kamberi who do we have? Shaw? Like most teams at our level it will make a big difference if you lose 2 or 3 key players.