hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Very strange decision, given previous 3-0 awards to other sides.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Pathetic......seems it's all about who you are / know......poor wee Cove, their minnows, **** em over, they'll do nowt.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

I take it CL was right behind wee Annie when pleading her case at the hearing.

Can't quite get my head round it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ann Budge voted off the SPFL board.
    Take -2 points, a fine and losing your place on the board. But you better make sure you win the f****** thing ok?

First Team Breakthrough
    They won't beat ICT anyway, they are pants.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Thieves. Don't have to worry about dressing it up any more. A slightly less than deserved penalty will always be found.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Shame, she was "a breath of fresh air." Dunno why or what it was she did but she was.
    Think you mean Lavender and Old Lace rather than fresh air from our fragrent DrBodge

Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    They won't beat ICT anyway, they are pants.
    Not when one of their former reserve players is the main man at Tynecastle

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Very strange decision, given previous 3-0 awards to other sides.
    Exactly. In every scenario where an ineligible player got some game time the result was overturned. Seems strange the 'punishment' this time was a deduction which was just enough to still leave qualification in their own hands. Coincidence? I think not...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Strange punishment, if it was a knockout game they'd forfeit the match, but because it was a group game they are only docked 2 points.

Still funny to see them screwing up again under the magnificent management of the director of football.

Even my Jambo mate says that it is a fudge and shows that the management of Scottish football is crap.

I wonder if it would have been a 3 point deduction if they had beaten Raith and on 6 points. Seems the deduction has been calculated to give them a chance of qualifying.

Cove wouldn't progress from the group either way, so no point in dwelling on them missing out. The 2 points instead of 3 seems bizarre but I think many are ignoring the fact that Hearts are on the ropes, the odious Levein is already talking about ringing the changes from the Raith debacle on Saturday by throwing more kids into the nest, and Cowdenbeath are heading to Tynecastle tomorrow where a draw would mean it's virtually impossible for Hearts to progress despite that lat game against Inverness, and Cowden win (20-1!) would put effectively put them through at the Jambos' expense. Now that would be some start to their season.... So C'mon Cowden!!

Jambos play Inverness at 3pm on Sunday after all the other matches have been played on Saturday (all 3pm kick offs) so they will know exactly what is required to qualify (assuming they don't mess up tomorrow against Cowdenbeath). It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Jambos play Inverness at 3pm on Sunday after all the other matches have been played on Saturday (all 3pm kick offs) so they will know exactly what is required to qualify (assuming they don't mess up tomorrow against Cowdenbeath). It's a conspiracy I tell ya!
    It's only between them and ICT, in reality, so playing it 24 hours earlier wouldn't have made a difference.

@hibs.net private member
    Utterly baffling and wrong headed "decision" (read FUDGE) from the authorities. With idiots like these in charge its little wonder they manage to negotiate garbage TV deals.

The precedents are crystal clear 're awarding a 3-0 victory to the wronged team in such circumstances. And even the fine has been couched to gift the Yams an easy ride.

AND Cove Rangers robbed of 3 points due to them - WTF are these Muppets playing at ?!?
    Last edited by basehibby; 23-07-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It's only between them and ICT, in reality, so playing it 24 hours earlier wouldn't have made a difference.
    If both win tomorrow, which is quite likely, then Hearts win against ICT on Sunday both will be on 9 points. They'll know beforehand what points / goal diff is needed for 2nd place to get one of the 4 best 2nd placed teams. It is quite feasible some 2nd placed teams on 9 points will qualify and some won't.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    If both win tomorrow, which is quite likely, then Hearts win against ICT on Sunday both will be on 9 points. They'll know beforehand what points / goal diff is needed for 2nd place to get one of the 4 best 2nd placed teams. It is quite feasible some 2nd placed teams on 9 points will qualify and some won't.
    Ah gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Ah gotcha
    Just checked and last year Peterhead on 9 points lost out to Killie on goal difference.

That said, I can see ICT getting something from the game on Sunday and would love to see a repeat of last year's pointless penalty shootout where Cathro headed down the tunnel at the final whistle and had to turn and come back.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Meanwhile across the City, A night of European glory beckons.

An extra 3 points for ICT would likely get them seeded though so they will have something to play for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Potter now in the papers saying Hearts will be going "all out" to progress in the league cup. An absolute hammering is on the cards for Cowdenbeath tonight.

I'm sure the yam love in will continue with wee fat Robbo lending them full support when ICT come calling.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Really struggling to get at all bothered about this.

It's almost as if my attention is taken up on anticipating our European night instead.

It would make sense for them to have set out punishments for re-occurring offence such as playing an unregistered eg 3-0 loss in group or straight or expulsion in knockout stage.

It seems convenient that a 2 point punishment still keeps them within 3 points of top but also doesn’t drop them down any places. Very convenient!! Theses punishments seem quite inconsistent. Smaller clubs seem to get treated a bit harsher than bigger clubs IMO

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    I see the good doctor has been voted off the SPFL Board .

Maybe its been discovered she is not the future of Scottish football

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    It would make sense for them to have set out punishments for re-occurring offence such as playing an unregistered eg 3-0 loss in group or straight or expulsion in knockout stage.

It seems convenient that a 2 point punishment still keeps them within 3 points of top but also doesn’t drop them down any places. Very convenient!! Theses punishments seem quite inconsistent. Smaller clubs seem to get treated a bit harsher than bigger clubs IMO
    Interestingly the Scotsman has them 4 points from the top but that is only because this shadow of a great newspaper is unable to deduct 2from5 accurately.

Blog Entries
    So effectively the deduction of points from the Yams was pretty meaningless. If they hadn't lost 2 points they would still have had to beat ICT next game. Only way Yams can end up being punished for their transgression is if they draw & fail to qualify in 2nd spot because of the deduction.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Marvelous 😂

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    😂👍