hibs.net Messageboard

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Runavik v Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did Hanlon play in the 5-5 game with Rangers and the 5-3 game with Killie?

That's a genuine question by the way, i think he played in the Rangers game but not the Killie?

I really like Hanlon, think he's class but i do also think you perhaps get a bit carried away with just how good he is.
    Everyone has their favourites in a football team. I just recognise that we are a much stronger team defensively when he plays. Surely all our fans agree with that. Lennon certainly does. Btw the Rangers game isn’t one I’d use to rate any of our defenders as most were playing with no shape at all at the behest of our manager.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    SW is done. What was the problem with his role last night? He can’t play at wingback anymore as he doesn’t track, can’t slot in to defence. So Lennon has tried to put him in a holding role. He’s not good enough anymore. He was a cracking player in his time when he had bags of energy. Without that he’s simply not good enough.
    Because of his lack of pace I think he needs to have players behind him.

If he's on the right, he needs to have someone sweeping behind him or paying close attention to when he loses his man (which happens a lot).

I think he's got what it takes to play most of our games in central midfield. His distribution and touch are excellent and he can join play up well.

He's never a left-sided CH in a million years, he toils badly at LB and I get the fear whenever he's anything like our last man.

Still has a role to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Had a look at Valur airport arrivals, couldn’t see any real delays
    Hope that’s the case
    Wasn’t the case. I was on the flight with my son and we were the only flight not to land😢. We circled for a while then the pilot decided to turn back. Ended back in Copenhagen and took in F.C. Copenhagen s game versus KuPs. Done now and just have to get compensation when I get home but that’s life!

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Nicely measured comments from our manager:

"Some of the defending was a bit calamitous," Lennon told BBC Scotland. "We were just sloppy and complacent.

"I wanted us to be professional but we were anything but. We got a reaction, though, so I'm not going to be over-critical.
    "There was a bit of rust there but we'll be ready next week for the Greeks and it's important we put the hours in to get things right for that."

Thinkn Steven needs tae concentrate mair oan speed than upperbody strength. Mibbe needs tae lose that upper body muscle.

Efe has had very few poor games for Hibs, I could probably count them on 1 hand, so I have no idea why he is getting stick. Quality player.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Efe has had very few poor games for Hibs, I could probably count them on 1 hand, so I have no idea why he is getting stick. Quality player.
    Because he was very wobbly against weak opposition last night.

He is a quality player, but shouldn't be immune from criticism when he genuinely deserves it, as he does on last night's showing.

I think Big Daz is still probably our best defender. May not do as much going forward as the other two but rarely makes mistakes and is very strong. During the crazy 5-5 he came on and tightened things up. We badly missed his discipline last night.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    What I like most about this thread is how much slack and understanding is being given to players still in pre-season. It's great to see nobody hounding players or calling them out as past it on the back of a glorified pre-season game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutSchlong View Post
    Would you prefer we went back to signing defenders like Michael Nelson and James McPake?
    The classic absolute argument, where it’s either Ambrose or Michael Nelson with no options in between.

@hibs.net private member

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Nicely measured comments from our manager:

"Some of the defending was a bit calamitous," Lennon told BBC Scotland. "We were just sloppy and complacent.

"I wanted us to be professional but we were anything but. We got a reaction, though, so I'm not going to be over-critical.
    "There was a bit of rust there but we'll be ready next week for the Greeks and it's important we put the hours in to get things right for that."
    It had the feel of of a preseason friendly about it. Bogdan had no chance with the goals. It looks like the weather was awful in the second half. Agree with Lennon that there was a bit of complacency and am not worried about the next round as nl says they will be ready for it. Mallans finishes were top drawer and looks a great signing. We can moan about the defending but Fulham beat this side 3-0 on aggregate so it shows they aren't garbage. Hopefully a couple of signings in over the weekend.

I agree. He strolls it near enough every week.

Left by mutual consent!
    SKY highlights (apologies if already posted)

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...eague-thriller

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Because he was very wobbly against weak opposition last night.

He is a quality player, but shouldn't be immune from criticism when he genuinely deserves it, as he does on last night's showing.
    Right but he isn't being criticised for last night, he's being called a bombscare and a liability based on these made up bad performances.

He wont have 2 bad ones in a row, bet he is brilliant next week as we take a 2 goal lead to Greece.

Right but he isn't being criticised for last night, he's being called a bombscare and a liability based on these made up bad performances.

He wont have 2 bad ones in a row, bet he is brilliant next week as we take a 2 goal lead to Greece.
    Efe can do whatever he wants in any position he wants (including to me) if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He’d be hung out to dry if he made half the Efe mistakes.
    Absolutely this Hanlon is by far the better and more influential defender for us...yes he makes the odd mistake but nowhere near the number Efe does

That said I luv watching them both and efe has his sublime moments which are worth all the other "Efe moments"
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

People are talking about how badly certain players played yesterday and I'm sitting here thinking: "There were players on that pitch?!" 37372196_1823821877710047_8229595288361238528_o.jpg

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    SKY highlights (apologies if already posted)

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...eague-thriller
    Some superb goals there.

Based on the goals we conceded, can't see why some were having a go at Bogdan at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Absolutely this Hanlon is by far the better and more influential defender for us...yes he makes the odd mistake but nowhere near the number Efe does

That said I luv watching them both and efe has his sublime moments which are worth all the other "Efe moments"
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Where are all these made up Ambrose mistakes coming from? Hanlon and McGregor made about the same number of bad mistakes leading to goals as Ambrose last season. All 3 made very few.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Where are all these made up Ambrose mistakes coming from? Hanlon and McGregor made about the same number of bad mistakes leading to goals as Ambrose last season. All 3 made very few.
    Exactly, the 4th best defence in the league last season, and the 3rd best goal scorers. I'm sick of all these bombscares we have in the team.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Some superb goals there.

Based on the goals we conceded, can't see why some were having a go at Bogdan at all.
    because people see what they want to see, he had no chance with any of the goals as you say but gives some folk on here something else to moan about

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Simply put Efe in general is just an ok CH, he does some ok defending and the occasional decent bit of defending but far too often and in nearly every game he has a brain fart moment, that moment when he dawdles on the ball or tries the stupid sideways pass to a marked man.

For me he's far too inconsistent, one minute doing that great run out of defence and then in the next breathe half asleep not concentrating, maybe he'd make a decent DM and should be tried there.
    Way too harsh had a brilliant season just past and is one of our best players.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    What I like most about this thread is how much slack and understanding is being given to players still in pre-season. It's great to see nobody hounding players or calling them out as past it on the back of a glorified pre-season game.
    Agree bit of perspective.

Testimonial Due
    In a time when there's a lot of focus on the coefficient etc, it's worth pointing out that Hibs won this week, thereby helping the national coefficient.

Rangers drew with their unseeded opponents, which will hurt the coefficient.

If anyone should be embarrassed, or if anyone has 'showed up Scottish football', it's not Hibs.

Any pictures of the Hibs fans in the Faroes? Couldn’t see them on the tv

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Any pictures of the Hibs fans in the Faroes? Couldn’t see them on the tv
    7.jpg8.jpgfootball 1.jpgfootball2.jpgfootball3.jpgfootball4.jpgfootball6.jpg3.jpg

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post
    Cheers , found myself in one of the photos 👍

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    No seen what the crowd was on Thursday..🤔