hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Hibees on tour

Hibees on tour

Thought I'd introduce myself to the .net fraternity from 34,000 ft en-route to Boston. Been lurking on here for a while and it's about time to say hello to a great bunch of fellow Hibees.

Off with my junior Hibee for a wee jaunt around the US East Coast. Managed to see the Runavik game in Reykjavik on Thursday. Hoping to catch the game somehow next week from NYC...any suggestions gratefully received, not sure if HibsTV will be showing it...

Cheers for now, time to crack open another Transatlantic IPA from IcelandAir...a surprisingly tasty beverage

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by GreenProfessor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thought I'd introduce myself to the .net fraternity from 34,000 ft en-route to Boston. Been lurking on here for a while and it's about time to say hello to a great bunch of fellow Hibees.

Off with my junior Hibee for a wee jaunt around the US East Coast. Managed to see the Runavik game in Reykjavik on Thursday. Hoping to catch the game somehow next week from NYC...any suggestions gratefully received, not sure if HibsTV will be showing it...

Cheers for now, time to crack open another Transatlantic IPA from IcelandAir...a surprisingly tasty beverage

Dont think theres been an announcement yet. Not in hibs control.

[QUOTE=houstonhibbee;5465187]Dont think theres been an announcement yet. Not in hibs control.[/QUOTE

Cheers for that, fingers crossed they're showing it. Would be a slice of luck being able to see the game whilst out of the country.

Hi GP Welcome mate, enjoy your holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Hi GP Welcome mate, enjoy your holiday.
    Cheers Stoneyburn hibs. Looking forward to the holiday...heading to see the RedSox tomorrow. Looking at their food and drink offerings made me smile reading the thread about the ER catering...if only we could get a Sam Adams or similar...

Gutted I missed the game on Thursday at ER, first for a while now. HibsTV coverage was perfect in Reykjavik, so not a disaster. Hoping they get rights for the away leg.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Premier Sports showing it,do you might pick it up Stateside..⚽🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Good man, I'll check it out. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post

Seems like it going to cost a Tenner for a months subscription.. cant see anything about minimum contract !!??

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    Seems like it going to cost a Tenner for a months subscription.. cant see anything about minimum contract !!??
    1 month minimum

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    1 month minimum
    Sounds ok to me. Will cover the game in Greece too, which they're also advertising.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Welcome GP.

You appear to have taken quite a detour and done thousands more miles than you had to☺

East coast line to peterborough, branch line to spalding and change there for Britain's brexit capital, Boston.5 hours should do it.

Characterful atmospheric old football ground-tynecastle without the escalators. Quite a few pubs that haven't been decorated since the 50's. Tourist mecca.

You probably never have to be more than 4ft off the ground at any given time.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Welcome GP.

You appear to have taken quite a detour and done thousands more miles than you had to☺

East coast line to peterborough, branch line to spalding and change there for Britain's brexit capital, Boston.5 hours should do it.

Characterful atmospheric old football ground-tynecastle without the escalators. Quite a few pubs that haven't been decorated since the 50's. Tourist mecca.

You probably never have to be more than 4ft off the ground at any given time.

Haha...thanks Bostonhibby, good to be on board.

it was a toss up between the two and my Junior Hibee had the final say...he's still young and has much to learn Next time we'll head down your way and you can give us a tour of the sights and sounds

Cheers, GP

Haha...thanks Bostonhibby, good to be on board.

it was a toss up between the two and my Junior Hibee had the final say...he's still young and has much to learn Next time we'll head down your way and you can give us a tour of the sights and sounds

Cheers, GP

Am daft but not daft enough to actually live there. Good place for a proper fitba match and beer trip but tend to be on the way out before the sun sets.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

Am daft but not daft enough to actually live there. Good place for a proper fitba match and beer trip but tend to be on the way out before the sun sets.

Sounds good to me

Not been in that neck of the woods before...lived in Birmingham for a year but never made it that far East...

Sounds good to me

Not been in that neck of the woods before...lived in Birmingham for a year but never made it that far East...
    Used to be in Birmingham a lot in the 80s. I prefer Boston☺

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    welcome on board, there is a Scottish bar called The Haven in Boston, might be worth a call to see if they will be showing it if you're in Boston on Thursday
    http://thehavenjp.com/