hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Scored a couple of important goals and tries hard. Best of luck to him.

Delighted with that deal.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hopefully we can get 2 strikers signed before next week’s game.

Hope so too.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    If definitely true then it's a big thank you from me for Simons efforts during his time here. Worked his socks off for the team, scored some crucial goals against Huns and Jambos, cost nothing and we get 150k profit. When you consider where we were and the type of player we had a handful of years ago he was a very good signing for us all round

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Celtic centre halves were very poor last season.
    Weren’t they all at the World Cup? Can’t be that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Hopefully we can get 2 strikers signed before next week’s game.
    We'll need them to be honest. We'll only have Kamberi and Shaw as recognised strikers in our first team squad if Murray does go. The squad is extremely thin right now, I can only imagine that we have a couple of signings which are all but done, otherwise I don't get this move at all.

Good luck Simon!
    I enjoyed your "Duracell Bunny" performances and that rich vein of goal-scoring form you hit early doors last season.
    It's very unusual for a top-scorer to be sent out on loan for half a season and come the seasons end still end up top scorer for his club.

Enjoy the sun of South Africa, but watch those valuables and what you wear and display. Keep your car doors locked when you are driving. Wind those windows down for no one.
    Familiarise yourself with the no-go areas and dodgy parts of town. Johannesburg is considered a fairly dangerous and high risk place to wander. Live in a gated community if possible. Should you be approached when parking, ensure that you give a good tip to the "homeless and jobless" who will offer to look after your vehicle while you are gone.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 17-07-2018 at 11:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Watch those valuables and what you wear and display. Keep your car doors locked when you are driving. Wind those windows down for no one.
    Familiarise yourself with the no-go areas and dodgy parts of town. Johannesburg is considered a fairly dangerous and high risk place to wander. Live in a gated community if possible. Should you be approached when parking, ensure that you give a good tip to the "homeless and jobless" who will offer to look after your vehicle while you are gone.
    Just like Dundee!

;)

Tooooooooodaloooo Simon.

You tried but ultimately you arenae up to the standard of player the club needs going forward. Enjoy Africa and have a guid career!

WSW

Thanks for the effort and goals SM (especially the one against the yams)

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    Nothing, he was a free agent when we signed him
    Lennon said we paid a fee for him?

Anyone who puts the huns to the sword and hits the winning goal in the derby in the famous green and white is fine by me. Gave his all for Hibs every time he stepped on the park. All the best and good luck in South Africa.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Anyone who puts the huns to the sword and hits the winning goal in the derby in the famous green and white is fine by me. Gave his all for Hibs every time he stepped on the park. All the best and good luck in South Africa.
    Sums it up perfectly for me

All the best Si

I hope the South African supports are fans of Good Charlotte

only really played for 6 months,14 goals, derby winner and a peach at ibrox.surprised we have let him go,I can only think we have mandzukic coming in or something,?? I thought the guy was electric for us till stoksey came in.played amazing against partick first game of the season, linked well despite others suggesting he just runs!!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    only really played for 6 months,14 goals, derby winner and a peach at ibrox.surprised we have let him go,I can only think we have mandzukic coming in or something,?? I thought the guy was electric for us till stoksey came in.played amazing against partick first game of the season, linked well despite others suggesting he just runs!!
    Yeah those famous performances against Arbroath and Montrose should have bought him another season.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Yeah those famous performances against Arbroath and Montrose should have bought him another season.
    where did I mention Arbroath and Montrose like??

But will they allow him into the Orange Free State
    Last edited by James70; 18-07-2018 at 11:09 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Hopefully will be used towards McLaren. Liked Murray's efforts but he is a player where we were 3 years ago imo.

We need better. Lennon took a punt didn't quite work out. Did score decent goals but imo the writing was on the wall when he left for Dundee in January.
    If it was a punt, then it worked brilliantly.

14 or 15 goals for us and then used as a fee which got us Scott Allen on loan.

And now we're getting £150k for him too?

That's the stuff of dreams.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    I'd say it worked out really well:

- He scored a lot of goals in the League Cup and got our season off to a flyer
    - He scored a couple of goals in big games
    - He was part of the deal that brought Allan back and ignited the second half of our season
    - Hibs made £150k profit

Totally agree btw that he's definitely not good enough for where we are now but if that's a bad punt by Lennon I reckon we're in a very good place
    Aargh. I should have read the entire thread before posting.

I just made the exact same points.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    he scored half a dozen in the league as well, could possibly have been double figures if he had stayed for the full season, would have been not bad as a backup player this season. plus fans were loving it when he was scoring these goals in the cup games

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

And a couple of those goals helped us in good wins against the full fats and the diets. If every player we signed put as much effort in as Murray did, they'd have a real chance of success.

All the best Simon, if he's the type of player who's not good enough these days, we are obviously in a much better shape than in previous years.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i wish simon all the best for the next step in his career look forward to regular updates on this former player

and yet another goes :(
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 18-07-2018 at 08:44 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: WalterSobzcek
    Bly kalm Simon, ons gaan nou braai

Enjoy life over there

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Bly kalm Simon, ons gaan nou braai

Enjoy life over there
    Very good, 10 more to go

Very few wanted Murray at the time. We got more than enough out of him to warrant signing him, even without the profit at the end.

For someone who was ultimately an SPL back up striker, has more on his CV in six months with Hibs than the majority have in those roles. Good on him.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post

Well said, absolutely spot on.

Be interesting to see if the money is used for a couple of marquee signings to genuinely compete for a place alongside Kamberi, or if we get one big signing and a couple of backups.

Won't necessarily be that easy to get backup with the attributes that Murray has. Not sad that he's gone, but hugely grateful for his contributions during a great season for us.

Coaching Staff
    Played his heart out for Hibs & made a fine contribution to the clubs success last season. Wish him nothing but the best in his future career.

His equaliser at Ibrox last season gave me one of my favourite moments as a Hibs fan. We started poorly and there was a risk the party atmosphere was going to fall flat. It was absolutely mental when he scored and that gave us the momentum to go on and win the game; his derby goal wasn't bad either.

He was well worth a punt, scored a few goals, gave his all and made us a profit. Good luck to him.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    His equaliser at Ibrox last season gave me one of my favourite moments as a Hibs fan. We started poorly and there was a risk the party atmosphere was going to fall flat. It was absolutely mental when he scored and that gave us the momentum to go on and win the game; his derby goal wasn't bad either.

He was well worth a punt, scored a few goals, gave his all and made us a profit. Good luck to him.
    Agree with this. He's generally a likeable guy, put the graft in, scored a couple of important goals and made us some cash. Ultimately he was nowhere near good enough for Hibernian though and it's no coincidence that a large chunk of his goals came against really poor opposition.

The thing I liked about SM the most was his workrate, his honesty and his genuine delight at being at a big club like ours.

Further to what has already been said, I wish SM well.

Not many people can say they hit a derby winnner, in front of a packed Easter Road, under the lights, and scored a beauty at Ibrox in a 3-2 win.

Ultimately, the game that (I suspect) did for Simon under Neil Lennon was when he missed a hatful of chances vs Rangers at ER in December, when we battered Rangers 1-2, and gave their fans a night of partying at ours (and our manager's) expense, when they should have lost by 4 or 5.

Turned out Lennon found a guy (Jamie Maclaren) whose game was more about snaffling those 6 yard box chances, and generally strayed offside less than SM, but that's another story.

Nevertheless, when you look at the number of derby *winners* that Riordan, O'Connor, Fletcher, Stokes et al scored, (one or two each) then I say hats off Simon, you are in good company there, and wish you all the very best in SA.