hibs.net Messageboard

Since 1875 - 17/18 Season Review

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Kenny1875's Avatar
    Good post. Would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

@hibs.net private member
    I think the efforts by Since 1875 last season were excellent, but as a ST holder in the East, we really struggle to hear you as the noose is bounced back towards the West by the wall you sit beside... on the occasions that I sat in the West last year the sound was great.... I think further exploration of where you sit is needed.

The displays were a good effort too... think the best were the ‘marching on’ banner and additional signage/colours and the ‘natural order’ banner was amazing too.

Keep up the good work guys.

Nice video - well done.

Not so sure about the pixelated faces - makes it look awfy sinister, but maybe that's the intention?

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Fantastic post, so informative, thank you.

I enjoyed everything that was done apart from the hun **** banner a slight blip on another wise good season for the lads and lassies. I agree that the sound doesn’t come across as it should sometimes. Overall 9/10

Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Nice video - well done.

Not so sure about the pixelated faces - makes it look awfy sinister, but maybe that's the intention?
    Not to make it look sinister. I know personally id rather not have my face shown, not because we do anything wrong but I'd just rather work colleagues/clients never saw me in them.
    Last edited by frazeHFC; 14-07-2018 at 08:59 AM.

https://youtu.be/I9UXyIrwBLo

For those on their Nokia 3310s seeing no video :)

Nice video - well done.

Agreed.

The video's really well put together and I think the efforts of this group have had a largely positive impact on the atmosphere last season.

However the blurred faces does suggest a sinister side to this group's membership and gives off a feeling of a hooligan connection.

It's not a good look at all IMO and may affect future donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Agreed.

The video's really well put together and I think the efforts of this group have had a largely positive impact on the atmosphere last season.

However the blurred faces does suggest a sinister side to this group's membership and gives off a feeling of a hooligan connection.

It gives zero hooligan connections to me. Must just be you.

Agreed.

You know that some uneducated people would think that about this video if the faces were not blurred. Hence the reason to blur faces.

You know what the police in this country are like, when it comes to supporters actively making an effort to create a different kind of atmosphere at football games.

Great video, great tunes and great supporters. Keep up the barry work.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    It gives zero hooligan connections to me. Must just be you.
    Clearly not when there's one other person who has made a similar point on this very thread.

Each to their own, I don't intend to make a big issue out of this, I just think it's a mistake that's all. You clearly don't and that's fine too.

Coaching Staff
    I think they've been outstanding and underline how vibrant the support is within the club as a whole.

The banners, and work that the lads have put into them, deserve a lot of praise and credit - I don't think you will ever see a more aptly timed banner in football as the 'Natural Order' one

Keep up the good work boys the fact other clubs are trying to set similar sections up within their support says it all - imitation is the sincerest form of flattery as they say

@hibs.net private member
    Top notch...brilliant to see a group bring character and atmosphere to our games...well done.

Ps. Had no idea these flags were hand painted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Cracking effort lads, well done.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Why are these guys not designing the t-shirts for the club store they'd sell loads and the club could earn a extra few quid. Just a thought

Clearly not when there's one other person who has made a similar point on this very thread.

Each to their own, I don't intend to make a big issue out of this, I just think it's a mistake that's all. You clearly don't and that's fine too.
    Not watched the video but my initial reaction to the still shot was to wonder why they need to have their hoods up.

Agree that it's up to them though.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent!
    Nice video - well done.

Don't blame them after what happened in the aftermath of 21.5.16

21.5.16 aftermath and witch hunt plus the treatment of football fans and groups like them is probably the reason why and nothing more.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Don't blame them after what happened in the aftermath of 21.5.16
    This. The last of the cases for that only recently up. All not guilty pleas eventually chucked. That doesn’t take back your lawyer fees, wasted holidays, family disruption and job losses though.

Superb

Also, thanks very much for your generous donation towards Kicks for Kids season tickets - Hibs class indeed

Quote Originally Posted by FranckSuzy View Post
    Superb

Also, thanks very much for your generous donation towards Kicks for Kids season tickets - Hibs class indeed
    Very welcome.