hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slivka

Slivka

I know the opposition were poor but big Slivka is a hundred times the player when he's played centrally. The big man can emerge from the shadows of McGeouch and SJM this season.... as long as he plays in the middle and not wide. Athletic, composed, great passer and gets forward. Kick on big guy!

2. Log in to remove the advert

He was really good last night.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know the opposition were poor but big Slivka is a hundred times the player when he's played centrally. The big man can emerge from the shadows of McGeouch and SJM this season.... as long as he plays in the middle and not wide. Athletic, composed, great passer and gets forward. Kick on big guy!
    Spot on. He was our best player last night.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Yep you don't get picked up by Juve and play 20 times for your country by the time you are in your early twenties without having something about you. Think he's going to be a big player for us this season if he stays injury free.

Great movement and passing at times, especially for the build up to the penalty.

It was clear last season that Slicks had been signed as part of a succession plan with a view to him stepping up this season. The club knew SJM and Dylan would in all likelyhood be off for 18/19 so it made sense to get him in and adjusted and famliar with the system whilst those guys were still here.

I felt he was quite rusty at times (which is to be expected) although generally played well for early season. He can definitely play, I would like to see him being a bit more physical at times as he is a big boy - a wee bit more like McGinn even as in he can play but can also handle himself. I’m excited to see what Slivka can do this season!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    It was clear last season that Slicks had been signed as part of a succession plan with a view to him stepping up this season. The club knew SJM and Dylan would in all likelyhood be off for 18/19 so it made sense to get him in and adjusted and famliar with the system whilst those guys were still here.
    Spot on

@hibs.net private member
    Yup, I really like him and it was a great bit of planning by the club betting him in when they did so he had some time to bed before McGinn and McGeough left.

Looked great, picking up nice positions behind the opposition midfield. Hope he gets more game time this season.

Absolutely. Total baller. If it’s a Slivka-Mallan midfield to replace McGinn/McGeouch (providing we get Allan as well) I’d be quite happy.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Yup, I really like him and it was a great bit of planning by the club betting him in when they did so he had some time to bed before McGinn and McGeough left.
    This is the Neil Lennon effect coupled with GC & LD. What a pleasure it is to see how far we've come since relegation. May it never happen again!

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Liked the look of Slivka in pre-season.

But if we've signed Slivka as succession, then we need to sign a succession player for Slivka unless we're looking to Scott Martin to be that player?

Strip looks good too by the way.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    This is a big season for Slivka, he's a cracking player IMHO but he has to convince Lennon he's a regular starter. I think with a run of games in him he'd be a stand out most games, but if he's only going to feature off the bench I can't think that he'll have an impact.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

See how he goes in the first half of the season and if he steps up and plays well, we should get a contract extension under his nose already.

At one point last night we had a midfield trio of Mallan and Slivka behind Swanson. It seemed to work pretty well.

Would love to see how it would work with Scott Allan in for Danny.

Might be a little soft in the ballwinning department but could be superb going forward feeding Kamberi and A.N.Other (Jamie McLaren please).

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think he's class, and he will have a huge part to play this season.

Delighted we've got him and this is an example of tremendous forward planning by the club and management.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I think he's class, and he will have a huge part to play this season.

Delighted we've got him and this is an example of tremendous forward planning by the club and management.
    I think we have no idea if he is class or not. He has had very little game time, so far he has shown he has potential and played okay last night without being outstanding against very average opposition.

Everyone saying he is class etc is simply guessing at this stage, I hope he is but he certainly still has a long way to go before he proves it.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I think we have no idea if he is class or not. He has had very little game time, so far he has shown he has potential and played okay last night without being outstanding against very average opposition.

Everyone saying he is class etc is simply guessing at this stage, I hope he is but he certainly still has a long way to go before he proves it.
    Opinions banned all of a sudden?

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen of him in the limited minutes he's had.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    I thought he was quite poor on Thursday. LOTS of misplaced passes.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

I'm not guessing, I've seen just about every game he's played for us. He's really good.

I missed the game, heard the second half and he got a few mentions on the radio. all good mentions, although by all accounts the opposition were poor. he has had some good short term appearances though from last season

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Opinions banned all of a sudden?

I'm basing my opinion on what I've seen of him in the limited minutes he's had.
    I'm with you, he's an absolute baller. Play him centrally this season and he'll be a star.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Totally agree with this. Slivka struggled to get game time last season due to the quality of the players he was competing against. He needs to show he’s got what it takes and make himself a first pick this season.

For me the jury is out, he didn’t do enough last season.

Juventus don't sign poor players. He's physically perfect for the Scottish game and i think he'll be a huge player for us this season. His goals against the bigot brothers were sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Totally agree with this. Slivka struggled to get game time last season due to the quality of the players he was competing against. He needs to show he’s got what it takes and make himself a first pick this season.

For me the jury is out, he didn’t do enough last season.
    There’s a lot of top midfielders wouldn’t have been able to get near our starting line up last season such was the quality.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

He’s got pedigree and shown flashes of real ability with us.

Sometimes you’ve just got to trust a player and throw them in. With a run of games the confidence improves and other players adapt to their game.

Slivka one of the first on the team sheet for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    He’s got pedigree and shown flashes of real ability with us.

Sometimes you’ve just got to trust a player and throw them in. With a run of games the confidence improves and other players adapt to their game.

Slivka one of the first on the team sheet for me.
    I have no arguments with that of course he should get a chance but people please don't say he is class based on what we have seen so far. As I said he may be class we simp!y don't know he still has to prove it.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Slivka is a boss. Just looks like a football player.