hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Jamie MacLaren

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huge difference is John McGinn isn't an unhappy player, he understands that his time has maybe come to move on and it's up to the clubs to get the best deal for all parties. Jamie is an unhappy player who wants to move back to a country he knows and likes well, his team will want to get an unhappy player off the books and recoup a little of the money also, our big problem is his wages if it's a sale, not so much if it's a loan.
    I don't think that's a big difference in the context in which we are talking but even if it is, we can swap McGinn for Allan the first time he was here. He wanted to go to Rangers, we didn't want him to go to Rangers. In the end only Celtic were able to meet our valuation of the player and Rangers missed out.

Generally speaking, a team wanting to keep a certain player isn't good for other teams that want him. I honestly don't see how there can be any disputing that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Either that or he asks to go on loan again.
    But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll end up at Hibs again.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    But the direct quotes just say exactly what everyone knows, that Jamie is unhappy, they still want him to stay and they'll discuss it when he returns from holidays, what out of that makes you think he won't move.
    Again, no arguments on that at all. I wasn't commenting on what the quotes said, just that they came from the manager so are a reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    I don't think that's a big difference in the context in which we are talking but even if it is, we can swap McGinn for Allan the first time he was here. He wanted to go to Rangers, we didn't want him to go to Rangers. In the end only Celtic were able to meet our valuation of the player and Rangers missed out.

Generally speaking, a team wanting to keep a certain player isn't good for other teams that want him. I honestly don't see how there can be any disputing that.
    Difference is we were never going to sell to our main rival in that league and Allan made an erse of himself by handing in a transfer request, McGinn has been nothing but a solid pro all through this.

Again, no arguments on that at all. I wasn't commenting on what the quotes said, just that they came from the manager so are a reliable source.
    I don't think anybody was disputing the fact it was a direct quote but the quote gave us no new info, Jamie still wants to leave even though they don't want him to.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Difference is we were never going to sell to our main rival in that league and Allan made an erse of himself by handing in a transfer request, McGinn has been nothing but a solid pro all through this.

I don't think anybody was disputing the fact it was a direct quote but the quote gave us no new info, Jamie still wants to leave even though they don't want him to.
    Again JC, fundamentally the issues are exactly the same. Whether it's McGinn, Allan or Maclaren the issue at hand is that the team who hold the contract don't want to sell and that absolutely makes it more difficult for the team that wants to buy. It doesn't make it impossible but it makes it more challenging an it's certainly not good.

Jam Mac has stated himself how unhappy he was in Germany and my understanding from the interviews he gave when he was here, he couldn't away quick enough and repeatedly expressed a desire to be with us permanent. It is obvious he wants away from Germany.

From the article on the Record's website you've got to wonder the original source of the info and when the statement was made. I think it's probably sourced from German websites. I hope the original statement was made last week and that this sit down between Jam Mac and Darmstat will be this week and not next.

Jam Mac's future is not going to be in Germany so this sit down will surely clarify his position, that he wants to be with us either on loan or permanent.

It sort of brings you back to LD's tweet from Cologne when the Flo deal was done there must have been a meeting between the Club's.

I hope he's on his way, one way or another and I hope it's soon

Catch you Jamie Mac

Blog Entries
    The bit in the article ‘sit down and clear the air’ suggests that relationships between JM and his club are not good, which hopefully works in our favour.

Again JC, fundamentally the issues are exactly the same. Whether it's McGinn, Allan or Maclaren the issue at hand is that the team who hold the contract don't want to sell and that absolutely makes it more difficult for the team that wants to buy. It doesn't make it impossible but it makes it more challenging an it's certainly not good.
    Thats true but it could be applied to almost any situation where a player is looking to get away. His club will have a major part to play in deciding whether that’s to us or elsewhere. Back to the original point you raised, does it really matter that much if the manager wants to keep him and “hopefully have a happy player” if the player wants away? If interested clubs pay what they’re looking for, surely the sale goes through. Ideally, we won’t have an auction situation. That could of course happen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Thats true but it could be applied to almost any situation where a player is looking to get away. His club will have a major part to play in deciding whether that’s to us or elsewhere. Back to the original point you raised, does it really matter that much if the manager wants to keep him and “hopefully have a happy player” if the player wants away? If interested clubs pay what they’re looking for, surely the sale goes through. Ideally, we won’t have an auction situation. That could of course happen.
    I don’t think it was me that raised that point, certainly not intentionally. I fully expect Maclaren to leave but my worry is that it won’t be to come here.

I think the fact that you have picked out two players 25 years apart kind of proves his point.
    Or Joe Baker? Or Steven Tweed, or Deeks or Gaz et al. Kinda disproved his point

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Or Joe Baker? Or Steven Tweed, or Deeks or Gaz et al. Kinda disproved his point
    Not really, the fact they are so easy to name and single out shows they are the exceptions that prove the rule.

There’s a 56 year gap between Baker and Henderson and you’ve only picked out three more players in that time that have been at Hibs. Add in Archibald, Kevin Nicol, Kevin McCann and you’re almost at 10.

Now name the ones that never went abroad and you’re well into the thousands.

The guys didn’t say it’s never happened, just that it’s rare and unusual. Those numbers certainly point to it being exactly that

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    But that doesn't necessarily mean he'll end up at Hibs again.
    Hibs are still confident of getting Jamie back.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    On mcginn do u know if we offered celtic first refusal provided the met our valuation.this might explain English clubs holding off bids .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    I honestly don’t know mate.

Quote Originally Posted by thecat23 View Post
    i honestly don’t know mate.
    ffs.... 👀

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    ffs.... 👀
    😂

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Good. Let’s hope it happens. JMac and Flo obviously belong together!

After MacLaren's hat trick against the Rangers and Flo's against Runavik I would love to see the two of them back playing together.

Scott Allan providing the ammo..........

Dream scenario for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Good. Let’s hope it happens. JMac and Flo obviously belong together!
    I think that both Jamie and Flo see the benefits of moving to Hibs in that they know that they fit the club and that success at Hibs could well lead to a big move elsewhere.

That's good to hear. But even if we can persuade Damstadt to sell him to us is Jamie prepared take a sizeable pay cut?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    When McLaren was scouted and then tipped for a loan move, I really had no opinion other than " who is he" . McLaren and Flo was inspired in hindsight. IMO Kamberi was the key signing, and although I would like McLaren back, I would be happy if the scouts went out and found the same or similar.
    Sounds good in theory but better to stick with the real deal and try and get him back if possible As gonna be pretty hard to unearth a nugget that scores a hatrick v The Hun knows and loves our club gels with Flo scored goals for fun in the A League and his goals per game ratio with us was pretty damn good bearing in mind all the times he ran into the correct scoring position waiting on a pass that did not come forgetting his penalty miss against the sheep failing that give us Sparky back on loan from the smellies as he is clearly out of favour and Brenda obviously doesn’t rate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Paisley Hibby View Post
    That's good to hear. But even if we can persuade Damstadt to sell him to us is Jamie prepared take a sizeable pay cut?

Do we know what salary Jamie is on there or is it pure guess work?

Everyone on .net knows how much every player gets paid. You imagine any number, post your made up nonsense on .net with FACT written after it and it becomes a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Everyone on .net knows how much every player gets paid. You imagine any number, post your made up nonsense on .net with FACT written after it and it becomes a fact.

Coaching Staff
    Like ALL players salaries it is generally guesswork, and I make no claim to know.

However when he left Brisbane it was reported by several media outlets that it was believed he was on over 10,000 Australian Dollars a week...exactly how much more was not specified, but by all accounts it was a good wedge, certainly by Oz standards.

Reports over here have recently stated that his agent Paddy Dominguez, who is Sydney based, has been over in Europe trying to fix Jamie’s future up, and the reports have suggested once more that he sees the English Championship as his preferred destination.

It did not rule Hibs out though, and did say we would like to have him back.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Like ALL players salaries it is generally guesswork, and I make no claim to know.

However when he left Brisbane it was reported by several media outlets that it was believed he was on over 10,000 Australian Dollars a week...exactly how much more was not specified, but by all accounts it was a good wedge, certainly by Oz standards.

Reports over here have recently stated that his agent Paddy Dominguez, who is Sydney based, has been over in Europe trying to fix Jamie’s future up, and the reports have suggested once more that he sees the English Championship as his preferred destination.

£5,612/week and most likely even more in Germany

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was miles different. They were skint, couldn’t afford his value, our direct rivals for the title and he conspired with them to try and bully us into a move for a small % of his value.

McGinn hasn’t gone whining to the press or got pals to do it for him, hasn’t deliberately posed for a photo in a restaurant on on a night out with the team he wants to join nor has he handed in a transfer request.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post

10 thousand dollarydoos?

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Coaching Staff
    Latest intel from Agent Downunder.

Nobody sure where he’ll end up but Hibs definitely a big shout.

As stated previously Jamie’s first preference is an English Championship club but interest so far...negligible.

Second choice would be a cashed up Middle East club if he can land one

Hibs remain option.

However, just because he WANTS to come to Hibs, doesn’t mean Darmstadt are (a) going to let him. Leave or (b) put a transfer fee on him we can afford.

Think this one will run for a while.....

According to Australian press he is currently on the equivalent of just over £8000 per week. Hence my question, is he prepared to take a pay cut?

We should just splash the cash and spend a half million each on Allan and McLaren. It's a gamble, but very shrewd gamble. European league stages will cover that, as will the transfer fee of McGinn if we sell. Not to mention these players will likely increase in value and become assets to the club like Flo.