hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ibrox club contact Police Scotland over racist abuse footage

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/18/briti...donia-7730859/

They really do have the **** of the earth supporting them. Pure evil.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Good on the club

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did it not happen in Macedonia? If so is there actually anything Police Scotland can do if the offense took place in another country?

Where does it say Rangers are doing something about it?

Good for them if they are, they've been silent on far too much unacceptable conduct in the past, it is great that someone is taking an interest in this.

It was a horrible clip, it's horrible as a Scot to be associated with that type of language and behaviour, and it must be even worse if it is coming from a fan of your club.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did it not happen in Macedonia? If so is there actually anything Police Scotland can do if the offense took place in another country?
    They Tweeted it. So they can be prosecuted here....anywhere, theoretically.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    When they start reporting their fans and doing something for abusing catholics, i will start to take notice.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    When they start reporting their fans and doing something for abusing catholics, i will start to take notice.

They're a prejudiced extreme right wing club, and will always attract that type of supporter. Every club has one or two, they have hundreds.

Well done Rangers. Positive step. Now start banning the 40 odd thousand lowlife who think sectarian abuse is ok from Ibrox.

It's a start

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'm willing to bet the real anger of orc fans will be directed at the celtic fan 'grassing' look what you've signed up to gerrard, the football club with the most vile set of fans in britain, bar none

I seen the clip the other day and it's sickening to watch regardless of who was involved (can't say I'm surprised at who the offender supports)... the innocent and ignorant looks on the kids' faces as they're standing there being racially abused.

Absolute low life, as are those involved in filming/sharing the moment with him.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i'm willing to bet the real anger of orc fans will be directed at the celtic fan 'grassing' look what you've signed up to gerrard, the football club with the most vile set of fans in britain, bar none
    Funny you should say that.. I'm sure the first comment in reply to the tweeted video was exactly that. Pr1ck. (the person who replied, not you!!)

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Funny you should say that.. I'm sure the first comment in reply to the tweeted video was exactly that. Pr1ck. (the person who replied, not you!!)

there's a chance you could be right on both counts

When you pander to a 'minority' with orange and sash strips, dubiously worded statements, flute music before games and soldiers indulging in some light hearted bigotry parading about the pitch then this is exactly the kind of person you attract.

I'd say well done Rangers but I'll save that for when they stop abetting this kind of behaviour and crack down on their supporters actions rather than encouraging it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    When you pander to a 'minority' with orange and sash strips, dubiously worded statements, flute music before games and soldiers indulging in some light hearted bigotry parading about the pitch then this is exactly the kind of person you attract.

I'd say well done Rangers but I'll save that for when they stop abetting this kind of behaviour and crack down on their supporters actions rather than encouraging it.
    well said

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Can’t help but feel that because they are freely allowed to be sectarian and abuse catholics every week they feel they can get away with anything

I wonder if Scottish authorities will take action

I won’t hold my breath

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Can’t help but feel that because they are freely allowed to be sectarian and abuse catholics every week they feel they can get away with anything

I wonder if Scottish authorities will take action

I won’t hold my breath
    The authorities, as in Police Scotland, are duty bound to act if a complaint has been made.

The authorities, as in the SFA, can't, as we don't have strict liability.

Disgusting behavior from a despicable fan base. **** of the earth and forever Scotlands almighty shame.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    They're a prejudiced extreme right wing club, and will always attract that type of supporter. Every club has one or two, they have hundreds.
    Well, they do always seems to manage a hard exit from Europe.

As despicable as this is, is it any worse than the sectarian behaviour supporters of that club indulge in on a regular basis?

I'd take the outcry over this from their fellow supporters, their club and the media more seriously if they had the same outrage over their sectarian antics.

It's only about one thing, reducing the fine from UEFA

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    As despicable as this is, is it any worse than the sectarian behaviour supporters of that club indulge in on a regular basis?

I'd take the outcry over this from their fellow supporters, their club and the media more seriously if they had the same outrage over their sectarian antics.
    I think it is, yeah.

I was in Liverpool last week, and being a scouser the taxi driver wanted to talk the whole way. Liverpool fan who can't get a season ticket so has a season ticket for Rangers because they are a British team. He goes every fortnight, loves the banter but says the quality Scottish football is '****'. Took great pleasure in telling me that Scotland can't manage on their own and he (personally) would'do anything' to stop independence. Hates the EU, thinks the UK will 'get all its industry back' if it leaves Europe. He was just back from Belfast to join in their 12th July celebrations. And no, he doesn't like foreigners either.

Lots of Rangers fans only follow them for political reasons. If they weren't linked with that belief system they'd have a lot less fans.

Seen a few vids of the wee guy in the vid supposedly having fun and some Rangers fans were being nice to them. There are a some decent ‘bears’ as they like to call themselves. Those ‘decent bears’ are few and far between it has to be said

I was sickened by the video

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    ****ing ****, no surprise though

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Has anyone seen the other video of one of them smashing a glass over his own head?

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Aye mental. Passes for entertainment down the Lodge. The National Front paper Bulldog was sold openly outside Ibrox in the past. They attract the racist-minded from Scotland and beyond.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

This. Would the be reporting it if he called him a fenian bastd

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Thought I had seen their new third strip the other day. It was a white one with the old clubs badge and five stars above it. On the left shoulder was half a Union Jack.

I reckon it must just be a training top, but they are pandering to the far right element in their support too much.