hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamie MacLaren

@hibs.net private member

Jamie MacLaren

Is he a realistic target when McGinn goes or has that ship sailed off into the sunset?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thought the ITK folk were saying deal is still on.

Yes, Hibs hopeful of getting him back. Talks have been going on for a few weeks now and going well.

First Team Breakthrough Hfc_Since1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, Hibs hopeful of getting him back. Talks have been going on for a few weeks now and going well.
    Not doubting you at all here TC, always appreciate you passing on what you hear 👍🏻

Always find it so hard to believe how long these things can take to conclude though! You’d imagine it wouldn’t take weeks to get these things sorted I’d there is a willingness from the parties!

Quote Originally Posted by Hfc_Since1875 View Post
    Not doubting you at all here TC, always appreciate you passing on what you hear 👍🏻

Always find it so hard to believe how long these things can take to conclude though! You’d imagine it wouldn’t take weeks to get these things sorted I’d there is a willingness from the parties!
    I suspect it is in part because (and this isn't a dig at anyone) some people tell us that "talks are ongoing" or other phrases, when Hibs have said little more to Darmstadt than - "here, can we sign him please".

E.g. there's not really been any negotiation, but talks have started. From that point on, it probably does take weeks, but because someone has heard something, they'll let us know.

FWIW, i suspect he will sign, I reckon the story of "rangers interest" was done to get our ***** in gear.

Blog Entries
    Not doubting you at all here TC, always appreciate you passing on what you hear ����

Even tho’ a player is keen and might eventually sign on the dotted line, I think they will stall and use delaying tactics in the hope that a better offer comes their way. I suppose that, 9 time’s out of 10, if a club is really serious about a player, they will go with the flow and get their man in the end. Sometimes however a club will run out of patience and close the hatch with a thump. Ask Fraser Fyvie about that.

That is good enough for me cat.

As a loan of permanent?

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    As a loan of permanent?
    Loan is what I was told. But I’d be delighted if it’s a permanent deal.

There really is so many things that goes on behind the scenes and even when it seems all is good can still take a while to get it done. Could be other interest from other clubs and then that may hold it up. Hopefully it’s done though soon.

His low-key/invisible world cup didn't do him any favours (draw the attention of other clubs) but ironically has probably done our club a favour.
    I look forward to any possible return.

I look forward to seeing a Maclaren/Kamberi partnership again.

Here's hoping it happens.

Loan is what I was told. But I’d be delighted if it’s a permanent deal.
    If it is a loan then hopefully there's an agreed option to buy price but somehow I don't think Darmstadt will allow that.

How long has mclaren got left on his contract with them ?

First Team Breakthrough huggie1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: huggieedin
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    If it is a loan then hopefully there's an agreed option to buy price but somehow I don't think Darmstadt will allow that.

anyone know how long he has left on his contract?

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    How long has mclaren got left on his contract with them ?
    Sure he’s contracted until 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by huggie1875 View Post
    anyone know how long he has left on his contract?
    2 years

Left by mutual consent!
    Really hoping to having McLaran back in the side.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Really hoping to having McLaran back in the side.
    Allen first. Then mclaren for me.

Don't forget about Brandon I haven't does anyone like myself think it's a bit odd how all the speculation about him has gone quite I'm a sure he wants to come back because like Flo he will continue to improve and develop here. He was linked with a lot of clubs but nothing seems to be happening. I gave up hope of him returning when we were linked with Horgan because they are similar types of players. I having a feeling he could still come back no one has ruled it out. Come back Brandon

@hibs.net private member
    Just sent a message to a Darmstadt fan that I gave a ticket too for a Hibs game and he was over on holiday and came to watch Jamie.

He says he knows nothing about Hibs trying to bring him back but he thinks his days are numbered over at Darmstadt as he says Jamie was lying about their fans throwing glass bottles at him and the fans aren’t happy about him lying. He did say he’ll keep me updated if he hears anything

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Don't forget about Brandon I haven't does anyone like myself think it's a bit odd how all the speculation about him has gone quite I'm a sure he wants to come back because like Flo he will continue to improve and develop here. He was linked with a lot of clubs but nothing seems to be happening. I gave up hope of him returning when we were linked with Horgan because they are similar types of players. I having a feeling he could still come back no one has ruled it out. Come back Brandon
    That post really needed a bit more punctuation!

I’d love to see him back but I suspect Man City will send him elsewhere to get a different experience. I hope I’m wrong.

I think any loan deal for Brandon will happen later in the window. Man City will be doing a bit of transfer business and sorting out their squad before deciding that Brandon is surplus to requirements. We will then see him loaned out. Hopefully we can persuade City that Easter Road is the place for him to develop as a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    I think any loan deal for Brandon will happen later in the window. Man City will be doing a bit of transfer business and sorting out their squad before deciding that Brandon is surplus to requirements. We will then see him loaned out. Hopefully we can persuade City that Easter Road is the place for him to develop as a player.
    Might go all the way to the English deadline. If Man City don't arrange something down south for him by that point then they would presumably be amenable to him coming back here.

The question is whether we'd have room for him. I'd say we do if we only add Horgan or one other, but not if we've signed two wingers by that point. Our problem is that we can't afford to wait to see if Barker will be back if waiting means missing out on another player.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Might go all the way to the English deadline. If Man City don't arrange something down south for him by that point then they would presumably be amenable to him coming back here.

The question is whether we'd have room for him. I'd say we do if we only add Horgan or one other, but not if we've signed two wingers by that point. Our problem is that we can't afford to wait to see if Barker will be back if waiting means missing out on another player.
    Barker, Mallan and Boyle would be frightening.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

According to the Sky EFL clubs can sign players on loan up to 31st August . So man City may hold back on Barker decision.

From Sky.

EFL clubs will still be able to sign players on loan up to August 31, 2018.
    They will also be able to sign players on Loan with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens up to August 31.

Quote Originally Posted by porthibbie View Post
    According to the Sky EFL clubs can sign players on loan up to 31st August . So man City may hold back on Barker decision.

From Sky.

EFL clubs will still be able to sign players on loan up to August 31, 2018.
    They will also be able to sign players on Loan with an option to agree a permanent transfer when the next window opens up to August 31.
    I wouldn't want to wait that long to find out, so if we get someone else in first that would close off Barker's return.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Any deal that we potentially strike with Man City won’t be until the last few days of the window. They ideally want to loan him to a club playing at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutSchlong View Post
    Any deal that we potentially strike with Man City won’t be until the last few days of the window. They ideally want to loan him to a club playing at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership
    The English window closes on 9 August, so presumably if he is not loaned to another English team by then, Hibs would be back in the running?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    When McLaren was scouted and then tipped for a loan move, I really had no opinion other than " who is he" . McLaren and Flo was inspired in hindsight. IMO Kamberi was the key signing, and although I would like McLaren back, I would be happy if the scouts went out and found the same or similar.