hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At the risk of sounding like an English pundit in the world cup I don't think it's being too presumptuous to start looking ahead to this tie now.

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about them? Are they likely to be any good? Will their season be underway when we play them? Any star players we may have heard of? Will they bring a decent crowd with them? Do their supporters take milk in their coffee? Cafe Nero or Starbucks?

Feels like this will be the proper European tie we worked so hard to qualify for, was a great occasion when AEK Athens came to Easter Road but i hope this mob aren't as good as they were. Not sure if Greek football is in a good place just now or not though?
    Saw them playing Apoel in Cyprus back in October 2015, I think it was a group stage match. Decent standard and Tripolis started the match really well taking the lead early on with a good crisp passing move. They maintained this standard until midway through the first half when the floodlights failed and the players were taken off. When the match resumed Apoel took over and deservedly won the match 2-1. Remember thinking at time that they were ahead of all Scottish teams bar Celtic, but we are a better team now and you would expect a close game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Seen a group of about 9-10 Asteras fans at the ground today when I was at the ticket office sorting out my tickets for Thursday. They were taking photos of ER. The big poster of David Gray lifting the cup @ the F5 and all of them posing for selfies @ the west stand with the club logo and name. Seen them head over to the club shop once I had got my tickets sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Seen a group of about 9-10 Asteras fans at the ground today when I was at the ticket office sorting out my tickets for Thursday. They were taking photos of ER. The big poster of David Gray lifting the cup @ the F5 and all of them posing for selfies @ the west stand with the club logo and name. Seen them head over to the club shop once I had got my tickets sorted.
    They didn't have many at Apoel and that was almost a derby!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Just seen that Asteras are going to be without 3 of their new signings tonight.

Full backs Christos Tasoulis and Valentin Vlachos and new Spanish midfielder Marc Fernandez

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Full backs Christos Tasoulis and Valentin Vlachos and new Spanish midfielder Marc Fernandez
    Injured or not match fit?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Same mind games as Hearts.

First Team Breakthrough

Im pretty sure they are also missing their captain Walter Iglesias