hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 45 of 45

Thread: Oil Shaw

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Finally a bit of sense.

    I’m excited about Oli Shaw, but the constant revisionism on here does my nut in.

    Regardless of what he does or doesn’t do in the rest of his career, JC was great for us. To say otherwise is ridiculous.
    'constant revisionism' will always get you, won't it! In ways the Spanish Inquisition' won't, to be sure!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Coaching Staff Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,283
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love Oli but he's a bit to go to be as good as Cummings at same age.
    Cummings first season he didn't score apart from the playoffs I don't think?

    Genuinely think Shaw is better. Better finisher, quicker, better decision maker and as he showed last night he can have a dig from distance.

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The main thing is that he's finding himself in these positions, the goals will come.

    I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting into positions for great chances.
    I totally agree. And hopefully it comes with the experience. However, once your in the first team these are the big decisions you need to be getting right, especially when your missing the chances yourself.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The one first half from SJM's pass ? I think he was quite right to have a shot on that occasion as he was through on goal and drawing the keeper out. Sometimes a striker does, as you say, need to play with their head up - but he is getting into great scoring positions and I'd be more worried if he wasn't scoring or being too hesitant in front of goal. One thing with Oli is he is a really confident lad who never allows his head to go down when he misses the target. His goal last night was excellent and his all round game is coming on no end.

    You could also argue Flo could have slipped players in against Blackburn however he opted three times to shoot from distance outside the box. It's striker's mindset to score goals and often it's at the expense of that 'obvious' pass.
    Yeah that one, Flo was on the penalty spot with an open goal, as you say he had drawn the keeper out and the angle ended up fairly narrow as he was running in from the left corner of the box.

    I also agree about Flo, I used to liken him to an amateur striker when he first signed due to these long shots, he’s not got a great strike on him from distance (too often drags and scuffs shots wide). Best to get these out the way now though and hope it all clicks again but early signs are positive if these are the gripes we have.

  6. #35
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    7,695
    Jason Cummings' spirit, attitude and goalscoring ability were central to our revival as a club, irrespective of whatever deficiencies he might have in his game, who he supported as a child or who he subsequently went on loan to.

    He deserves a great deal more respect than he gets from some on here.

  7. #36
    Testimonial Due Big_Franck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Cummings' spirit, attitude and goalscoring ability were central to our revival as a club, irrespective of whatever deficiencies he might have in his game, who he supported as a child or who he subsequently went on loan to.

    He deserves a great deal more respect than he gets from some on here.
    Agreed, and that's before we look at his record of goals against them. And the importance of those goals.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    4,452
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Cummings' spirit, attitude and goalscoring ability were central to our revival as a club, irrespective of whatever deficiencies he might have in his game, who he supported as a child or who he subsequently went on loan to.

    He deserves a great deal more respect than he gets from some on here.
    One of the best posts on here for a long long time

    Absolutely 100% the case

  9. #38
    Testimonial Due Elephant Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Cummings' spirit, attitude and goalscoring ability were central to our revival as a club, irrespective of whatever deficiencies he might have in his game, who he supported as a child or who he subsequently went on loan to.

    He deserves a great deal more respect than he gets from some on here.

  10. #39
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Cummings' spirit, attitude and goalscoring ability were central to our revival as a club, irrespective of whatever deficiencies he might have in his game, who he supported as a child or who he subsequently went on loan to.

    He deserves a great deal more respect than he gets from some on here.
    Spot on Smartie, spot on.

  11. #40
    Cummings record of a goal every 2games(approx)speaks for itself even if most were in the lower league.However he was very badly advised on his decision to leave and his choice of club.Quite a few of us predicted what would happen and his career has suffered.Hope Posh and he are good for each other.

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jason Cummings' spirit, attitude and goalscoring ability were central to our revival as a club, irrespective of whatever deficiencies he might have in his game, who he supported as a child or who he subsequently went on loan to.

    He deserves a great deal more respect than he gets from some on here.
    I don't think Cummings gets any disrespect on here - genuine discussion on his ability seems fair enough to me. You can actually be respectful without dishing out uncritical admiration.

    Anyway, a long discussion about Cummings on an Oli Shaw thread is hardly respectful to Shaw, IMO.

  13. #42
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,481
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Cummings gets any disrespect on here - genuine discussion on his ability seems fair enough to me. You can actually be respectful without dishing out uncritical admiration.

    Anyway, a long discussion about Cummings on an Oli Shaw thread is hardly respectful to Shaw, IMO.
    It's how it evolves unfortunately. In other news we have selling our top player of the past 4 seasons versus the merits of an indoor pitch.

  14. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cracking goal , looks like he works well with Flo . The most exciting young striker weve had since the Riordan/Fletcher days .
    Cummings? Griffiths? Stokes?

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,610
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian32 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cummings? Griffiths? Stokes?
    Griffiths wasn’t technically “ours” so it wasn’t quite the same, and I’m personally more excited about Flo’s potential than I was Stokes or Cummings. He’s exciting, but he also has a maturity about him. Flo has the potential to make us an absolute fortune if he keeps progressing like he has been.

    EDIT: Oh he was talking about Shaw. In that case I agree, Shaw is exciting but very rough around the edges. Flo though. 😍

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    19,633
    BP or Shell?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved