hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Catering at ER

Quote Originally Posted by whiskas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The staff training /retention seems pretty poor too- you’ve generally got 2 or 3 who know what they’re doing while hand-holding a rookie who hasn’t seen a till in their life
    Don’t even go there. Couple of seasons back I got served by a young guy, must have been a foreign exchange student or something as it was a saga trying to pay and recieve my change. To add insult to injury I ordered a coke and he tried to put a Bovril lid on my coke, he was adamant this was going to fit even after I told him not to worry. Eventually he conceded

The training the staff recieve from what I’ve experienced as a customer is nothing short of abysmal

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutSchlong View Post
    Personally, if the decision was left to me I'd get a deal in place with Baines!!

*Baines at Stenhoose cross, not to be mixed up with Baynes the chain
    Baines dont do steak pies, only mutton, the baynes chain steak pies are excellent and would go down a treat.

The food at ER is garbage and the service is nearly always incredibly slow.

I had thought the club were supposed to be doing something about this but it appears nothing's changed.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

I had thought the club were supposed to be doing something about this but it appears nothing's changed.

Like I said in the OP the catering was supposed to have been replaced by now but it appears to have slipped under the radar.

Would be good if this was taken up by the fans reps.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HelmutSchlong View Post
    Personally, if the decision was left to me I'd get a deal in place with Baines!!

*Baines at Stenhoose cross, not to be mixed up with Baynes the chain
    They are great but I suspect we’d be wide open to health and safety lawsuits when the scalding gravy pisses out of them and people slipping on spilt gravy all about the ground

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Look, we are in the ground for two hours max. Do we need to eat anything? There are chip shops etc on the way to the game

so get value for money better food en route. Stop spending money on the kiosks in the ground

and the club will take notice. It really is as simple as that!
    A good point. Vote with your feet. There must be half a dozen bakeries and another half a dozen chippies within a mile of ER. Go there instead and get value for money.

I'd imagine for many of the staff the other night would have been their first time, maybe second. I'd be happy to give them a bit of slack while they settle in.

As for the 'food' it's had so many second chances. The Working Together type groups have been bringing up [sic] (lol) the food since before Leeanns days and it still seems to be as bad, or worse!

Hibs are fully aware of all the problems, their supporters feelings mentioned here and have been for 7 or 8 years or more. The hierarchy at the club now have performed miracles the past few years transforming a failing club into a very successful club. It surely can't be beyond their abilities to arrange for a hot edible pie to be served effectively at a reasonable cost.

Having said that there's been invitations to supporters to discuss food issues pre match on at least a couple of occasions ... and no-one turned up!
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    If they had a manager on the floor things would probably improve a lot. The kids working there clearly aren’t trained properly. The pies would no doubt be fine if they were cooked at the right temperature and weren’t pulled out the oven early because it’s busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I'd imagine for many of the staff the other night would have been their first time, maybe second. I'd be happy to give them a bit of slack while they settle in.

You've no idea how many times I've been standing for ages, in a very short queue, to hear "it's only his/her first day". That's in the middle of the season, so there seems to be a serious problem with staff turnover.

I woudln't get your hopes up too much of an improvement as we get further into the season.

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of sympathy for these young kids struggling with a new job, but the high turnover needs to be looked at.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 14-07-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Back in the old days, the choice was a mutton pie and tea or oxo.

Not too difficult to mess up.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    A good point. Vote with your feet. There must be half a dozen bakeries and another half a dozen chippies within a mile of ER. Go there instead and get value for money.
    I would prefer it if Hibs got it right so I could give my money to them.

The pies are no that bad, just overpriced.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    I would prefer it if Hibs got it right so I could give my money to them.
    It's all outsourced anyway, income to the club is minimal was my understanding

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

They are incredibly slow, before the game started the other night, there was maybe 4 people ahead of me, all getting hot drinks, took over 10 minutes, I asked for a ribena, the guy couldn't understand me, after 4 attempts, I just went for a Capri sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mango Man View Post
    They are incredibly slow, before the game started the other night, there was maybe 4 people ahead of me, all getting hot drinks, took over 10 minutes, I asked for a ribena, the guy couldn't understand me, after 4 attempts, I just went for a Capri sun.
    This is a problem with all football grounds I’ve attended. They seem to be completely unprepared for the eventuality that lots of people will want fed at half time!

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This is a problem with all football grounds I’ve attended. They seem to be completely unprepared for the eventuality that lots of people will want fed at half time!
    That's part of the reason I've given up on it. On Thursday I took a wee rucksack with snacks and cartons of juice for the kids. I can't be bothered with the queues and rip off prices for substandard food. And it's only a couple of hours I'm in the ground for, not eating any of that deal ain't going to kill me!

Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    I paid £8 at Wembley for a burger that seemed to comprise a tramps insole served in a sanitary towel and garnished with kitten sick!!
    Yup.. vile and extortionate

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    I buy my pies from Lawsons.Excellent quality and half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    I buy my pies from Lawsons.Excellent quality and half the price.
    Uphall Lawson? Cracking pies especially steak ashets. They do a nice steak baguette at the uphall one as well

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Yup thats the one

First Team Breakthrough
    Hi,

Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has been passed to the catering company and they have been asked to improve on the issues raised.

As improvements can be gradual it would be good to get your feedback again at the end of August where we will have by then had another 3 Home games.

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Baines dont do steak pies, only mutton, the baynes chain steak pies are excellent and would go down a treat.

I can assure you Bains at Stenhouse Cross do steak pies.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has been passed to the catering company and they have been asked to improve on the issues raised.

As improvements can be gradual it would be good to get your feedback again at the end of August where we will have by then had another 3 Home games.

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Thanks for the response and that's great but this has been an issue for years so I will be stunned if any improvements are made by the end of August. There are loads of folk like me who travel to watch Hibs and it is a long day so food is a necessary part of the day. I want to buy at ER and paste money to Hibs but have stopped doing so due to the combination of poor quality and being ripped off on price. Until that changes then I won't be buying anything again. We park at Tesco and a quick nip in gets you a sandwich, bag of crisps and a bottle of Coke for £3. At ER that would be somewhere about £7 with terrible quality. Multiplied by 2 for me and my son and that's a lot of cash each week above STs, strips, etc etc

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Does anyone remember a spell in 1995, right after the opening of the North and South stands, when the catering was top notch? I remember a wide menu - fish and chips, curries, baked potatoes etc - being available from the catering outlets in the North!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    They should bring back the popcorn we had in the late 90s.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    They should bring back the popcorn we had in the late 90s.
    Nah, would be all foosty 😦

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Does anyone remember a spell in 1995, right after the opening of the North and South stands, when the catering was top notch? I remember a wide menu - fish and chips, curries, baked potatoes etc - being available from the catering outlets in the North!
    Green curry if I recall, right? ......

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Thanks for the response and that's great but this has been an issue for years so I will be stunned if any improvements are made by the end of August. There are loads of folk like me who travel to watch Hibs and it is a long day so food is a necessary part of the day. I want to buy at ER and paste money to Hibs but have stopped doing so due to the combination of poor quality and being ripped off on price. Until that changes then I won't be buying anything again. We park at Tesco and a quick nip in gets you a sandwich, bag of crisps and a bottle of Coke for £3. At ER that would be somewhere about £7 with terrible quality. Multiplied by 2 for me and my son and that's a lot of cash each week above STs, strips, etc etc
    Hi there,

Totally understand your frustrations. I take my kids along to games as well so completely understand the expense we as parents have on a match day.

The company who do the catering are still under contract. The feedback is always welcomed and will continue to pass it over.

Thanks again

Tracey

Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi,

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think it's that simple though.

The prices, quality of food plus service maybe can be adjusted but the main issue is Hibs have had poor catering for too long now and if only a small sample of the fans are anything to go by on here many don't buy it or think it's value for money / good enough.

It's not good enough for a club the size of Hibs with so many places to eat in Edinburgh that we can't get this right.

Decisions need to be taken higher up to open this to tender and get a better package.