hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Catering at ER

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've never had any problems with the level of service, they're all just young kids, and yes i know most of them have to do any counting by using the till and not their heads they don't have the calculators they used in school maths but they all seem to be polite enough but i do wish they would cut back on the amount of different items for sale(thus cutting queues accordingly) pie/bovril/water/chocolate bar/crisps and that's all :)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DR1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why don't they lease out areas in each stand to we'll known companies such as Subway, Greggs and McDonald's. Hibs get a cut of the trading profits and they get stadium advertising. Oh and a decent coffee, the one out that ready made cup is terrible!
    Celtc have a dominos in the ground.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Minute View Post
    The Catering is a big part of running a football club and brings in a lot of extra cash for the football club. Just look at the hospitality side. If its only a couple of hours once a fortnight why do fans pay for the hospitality side of it ?

I bet they don't serve the same pies etc.. upstairs. Naw cos nobody would be there and the club would lose a lot of cash. Hibernian keep advertising come to Easter Road and enjoy the Whole Matchday Experience and that includes Catering.
    Can only speak for the food in the players lounge, but your right the pies steak pies are a lot better in players lounge than in the kiosks.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    The caterers who are Centreplate serve many football grounds in the U.K. It makes you wonder if we have squeezed them so tight that they serve us a low quality cheap product that they don’t use at other grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Does anyone remember a spell in 1995, right after the opening of the North and South stands, when the catering was top notch? I remember a wide menu - fish and chips, curries, baked potatoes etc - being available from the catering outlets in the North!
    Green popcorn, Hibs rock, green boiled sweets all with facts and trivia on the packaging!

The Herta dogs were far better than the ***** on offer today! They had a very healthy girth to them whereas the last time I had one it was built like a bookies pen

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Well there is a few things that they could do..first off is to get different people serving to those on the till...the amount of backwards and forwards the kids need to do to get a few items and then ring them up takes a bloody age.

The next thing they could do is to improve the pies. That really really can’t be difficult.

Speed up the service (more money through the tills) and improve the pies and you are a big step forward without really even trying.

There is plenty of other things they could do. Stand alone pie stand where all you can buy is a pie would take the pressure off the main kiosks would be my first ‘innovation’. Next would be contactless payment etc etc etc.

As others have said this situation has went on far too long and the club should sort it out without the need for boycotts or direct action.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Back in the old days, the choice was a mutton pie and tea or oxo.

Not too difficult to mess up.
    You're 51 and never had a Wagon Wheel?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    I see folk at sporting events round the world commenting on stadium food on social media and the prices are universally high. The difference seems to be in the quality and variety of food available. Also they can get a beer.

I rarely eat or drink at ER apart from occasionally at lunchtime kick offs. The pies are bog standard as is the Bovril. Take a look abroad and down south, see what works and try it at ER.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Strangely I had my first ER pie for a few seasons on Thursday. Both me and my son were shocked by the doughy pastry and tasteless filling.
    Even the cheapest scotch pie from a supermarket tastes way better than that, so this must be the cheapest of the cheap and got knows what's in there. The mark up must be massive too.
    Hibs supporters deserve way better for the prices being charged.

I remember the days of the Macaroon Bars.

Great value. Sold by a bloke with a tray with shoulder straps moving through the crowd.

Can't really remember anybody complaining.

Now it's all high tech and 'hot' food and we have a five page thread on it.

Changed days.

I knew I would regret it but I was starving and I hadn't taken my own food as I normally do. Bought chips a few months ago and I can only liken them to wooden clothes pegs. They were absolutely rank. Never again.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    I knew I would regret it but I was starving and I hadn't taken my own food as I normally do. Bought chips a few months ago and I can only liken them to wooden clothes pegs. They were absolutely rank. Never again.
    Steady....STEADY. That's some poor ****s livelihood ya radge.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Strangely I had my first ER pie for a few seasons on Thursday. Both me and my son were shocked by the doughy pastry and tasteless filling.
    Even the cheapest scotch pie from a supermarket tastes way better than that, so this must be the cheapest of the cheap and got knows what's in there. The mark up must be massive too.
    Hibs supporters deserve way better for the prices being charged.
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread I was in the same boat as you on Thursday. For the reasons I described I saw the content of the “steak” pie but saw precious little steak there and determined to leave it for the seagulls!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has been passed to the catering company and they have been asked to improve on the issues raised.

As improvements can be gradual it would be good to get your feedback again at the end of August where we will have by then had another 3 Home games.

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    May I suggest trimming all the horrible fatty bits off he steak, lowering the prices and put some care into their product.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for everyone’s comments.

Just wanted to let you know that this thread has been passed to the catering company and they have been asked to improve on the issues raised.

As improvements can be gradual it would be good to get your feedback again at the end of August where we will have by then had another 3 Home games.

Thanks again

Tracey & Frank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was there a review done at the end of August? Has anyone noticed any improvement in what the catering company are offering?

I bought a pie and a coke yesterday and was just as disappointing as always unfortunately. The Coke was a bit flat and the pie was undercooked with mounds of flour still sitting on the top :-(

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    The curry pies are something else
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    The curry pies are something else
    Can you get the pie out of the foil in a oner or does the base stick like they do for the steak pies?

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Catering is still pitiful and overpriced and no further feedback from fans reps.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Got a bovril and a steak pie in South before KO and it was pretty decent. Able to lift out case and eat without pie falling apart like I’ve had on occasion in West Upper, and bovril was perfectly acceptable.

should be in a contract that certain levels of quality are expected, at my work, if yi dont keep up standards you are dumped immediately, its all in the contract, no excuses. theres always other companies willing to take over that were in the tender process at the beginning.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I have to say that I have had the pie-bad-stuck-to-foil a fair few times , but yesterday I was a tad peckish and bought 2 steak pies, and both were decent, not stuck to the wrapper and not hot to eat comfortably. Dunno if it was a fluke but better than I had in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Football grounds are always the same, piss poor quality at ridiculous prices.

It’s poor and it has been for years. Despite people say it will get looked into it never does. We should boycott it until something gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    It’s poor and it has been for years. Despite people say it will get looked into it never does. We should boycott it until something gets done.
    Unfortunately, as long as thousands of people continue paying for this extortionate crap then both the caterers and Hibs will continue to serve it. The only thing they will pay attention to is their profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Unfortunately, as long as thousands of people continue paying for this extortionate crap then both the caterers and Hibs will continue to serve it. The only thing they will pay attention to is their profit.
    The long queues at the kiosks suggest that there will be no boycotting of the facility any time soon. It’s not something that concern me that much and don’t think it’s any worse or better than any other ground in Scotland. Maybe Dunfermline excepted.

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    The best food I've had at the football was at the Etihad and it was markedly cheaper than ER. I've mentioned before about how they do it. All food is served by various charity workers and the profits go to various local charities, the menu was thought up by Jamie Oliver and the choice was unbelievable. There's no reason something similar couldn't be done at ER.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bee View Post
    The best food I've had at the football was at the Etihad and it was markedly cheaper than ER. I've mentioned before about how they do it. All food is served by various charity workers and the profits go to various local charities, the menu was thought up by Jamie Oliver and the choice was unbelievable. There's no reason something similar couldn't be done at ER.
    I'm not buying that anywhere is better than Dunfermline.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Pish? Greggs isn’t even a step up from whats already there imo. Only difference is that it’s cheaper.

I’ve always wondered, why do people accept cold sausage rolls from Greggs? One of life’s enigmas
    According to Greggs the price of their food is kept down by avoiding the 20% tax on hot food. Selling it at "ambient" temperature ensures this. So up to the customer really, a tepid sausage roll or a slightly dearer one at the local baker.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    The steak pie I had yesterday was rotten. £3.20 for a bag of fruit pastilles or maltasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    The steak pie I had yesterday was rotten. £3.20 for a bag of fruit pastilles or maltasers?
    Motorway service station prices for the confectionary. Dont think I`ve seen anyone buy them at ER, and anyone with kids would almost certainly be bringing a packet of sweets with them.