hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Warriston
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,394
    It wasn't until this morning that I realised it was Slivka that was playing midfield, I thought it was one of our youngsters. I was very impressed by his performance, although I thought he probably needs to beef up a wee bit as he was getting nudged off the ball (was surprised how physical they turned out to be).
    Lewis just seems to keep improving every year. The guy tried to break him in two with a bad challenge in the first half, Lewis just jumps up from the crunching tackle and the guy is left writhing in agony on the pitch (I think he got subbed not long after)

    Whittaker was very good at breaking down their play but his passing after was shocking, no point winning the ball if you are just going to give it straight back to the opposition.
    Murray continues to frustrate. he's turning in to a carbon copy of his auld man, but until we get someone else in, he will have to do a job.

    We strolled that game, because our attitude towards it was spot on and the guys performed, we really could and should have scored more. I said before the game I would be happy 3-0, I'm delighted with 6-1, tie over with the same application next week. We should be well used to playing on plastic surfaces with the amount we play on during an SPL season, so no excuses there.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A great write-up jonnyboy.
    It reminds me of the old Football Pink I used to look forward to as I strolled my way down Easter Road after the game with my uncles and dad - Saturday night chippies were also the order of the day at my Grand dad's and Nana's in Bernard Street.
    Ahhh I miss the pink news days....used to come home from away games on the Hawkhill bus and head straight to the newsagents...

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A great write-up jonnyboy.
    It reminds me of the old Football Pink I used to look forward to as I strolled my way down Easter Road after the game with my uncles and dad - Saturday night chippies were also the order of the day at my Grand dad's and Nana's in Bernard Street.
    I totally agree with both points. A great write-up and Jonnyboy should do chippies as well.

  5. #34
    Coaching Staff brog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6,722
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember someone mentioning the quality of Croatia's crossing in the World Cup thread, saying that the standard was very poor. I'd commented that I thought the positioning of the England defenders was superb, which meant that it was practically impossible for a Croatian crosser to accurately find a man in the box.

    Interestingly enough though, their first goal eventually came from a good cross and a well timed run across a defender.

    The nature of crossing is that very often they will not lead to a goal. Most of the time they'll fail to beat the first man, be headed away, be overhit etc etc. You only need to get it right a couple of times to have had a good night.

    I thought the general standard of our crossing was very high indeed last night. Boyle was consistently excellent and both Whittaker and Slivka put decent balls over.

    Stevenson's end product wasn't as good as it has been, but I didn't think he was duffing them or failing to get decent contact - they just went low into an area that Runavik defended well.

    If you watch any game of football, at any level, you will see a lot of crosses fail to lead to chances. We shouldn't be too harsh on players who often enough have an excellent end product.
    Good post & pretty much what I was thinking when I read the OP criticising Lewis's crossing. The other factor is that players such as Boyle & Barker have the pace to get past their first man which opens up more space for the cross. Lewis, for all his attributes, doesn't have that pace so is often crossing the ball with his direct opponent close to him. As you say though the rewards can be worth all the anguish.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No he didn't. Bogdan's save from the free kick was in the 1st half. Low to his right. Pushed it out for a corner. I was right behind the goals in Famous Five.

    Picking up the reporter on such detail but getting it totally wrong is very poor.
    Quite right my bad, but it was tongue in cheek anyway as can be seen by the smilies

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,247
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Quite right my bad, but it was tongue in cheek anyway as can be seen by the smilies
    More foot than tongue.


  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Worcester, Sassanachland
    Posts
    1,837
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More foot than tongue.
    Like I said, my bad. Like most people on here I donít intentionally make a dick of myself, but post enough times on here and youíre probably gonna do it eventually. I really like Johnnyboys reports and absolutely love Lewis, it was meant to be a humorous comment about a wee mistake. It wasnít a mistake and my comment therefore wasnít remotely humorous. To err is human.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,247
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I said, my bad. Like most people on here I donít intentionally make a dick of myself, but post enough times on here and youíre probably gonna do it eventually. I really like Johnnyboys reports and absolutely love Lewis, it was meant to be a humorous comment about a wee mistake. It wasnít a mistake and my comment therefore wasnít remotely humorous. To err is human.
    Iím just joking. I maybe couldíve done with a smiley!


  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Like I said, my bad. Like most people on here I donít intentionally make a dick of myself, but post enough times on here and youíre probably gonna do it eventually. I really like Johnnyboys reports and absolutely love Lewis, it was meant to be a humorous comment about a wee mistake. It wasnít a mistake and my comment therefore wasnít remotely humorous. To err is human.

  11. #40
    Commited Shareholder Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    55
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ahhh I miss the pink news days....used to come home from away games on the Hawkhill bus and head straight to the newsagents...

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Same. Where did you get dropped off?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved