hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are the old hospitality boxes in the FF used for anything these days?
    Is that not part of the NHS Hub project?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Hi there,

This is something we took to the board last year after a few conversations with a parent who had lasted 10 minutes with his autistic son at a match. All he ever wanted to do was do the normal parent/child activity of going to the football.

Frank and I proposed to the board and the board felt that the community foundation would be best placed to look into this. The reason being that they are best placed when it comes to funding etc.. Frank and myself also met with the foundation to discuss. It’s certainly not been a No from the club or foundation but does require a lot of work should they be able to facilitate.

The lack of space at the moment is something which is a major issue. The FF boxes cannot be used unfortunately as the area up there requires renovation.

We also now have a Disabled Liaison Officer and after speaking with Frank this morning re this, Anne (our DLO) will be following this up with the Foundation.

It wouldn’t be a crèche facility if we can get something in place but a place as you’ve all suggested, where parents can take their children to watch the match in a safe and quiet environment. That’s what started the conversations in the first place.

Any further information I receive I will let you know.

Myself and Frank’s email addresses are:

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

fdougan@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks

Tracey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    That would have been a great opportunuity. Unfortunately, the "fans" view was it should be a single tier stand so that's what we got
    And I’m glad it was. Atmosphere would’ve been killed had that been a similar build to the West.

One thing I would be interested to hear is regards Tracey’s statement there about the FF boxes needing renovated. Could we get some clarity on what’s happening with that stand?

NHS - is it still going ahead?
    Lift - is it still closed/need fixed?
    BTG - will it be open etc?
    Boxes - how long have they lay empty? Why haven’t they been renovated already? What does this ‘renovation’ entail? A lick of paint etc? Yes it may cost a wee bit but how much hospitality could we be missing out on?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    Hi there,

This is something we took to the board last year after a few conversations with a parent who had lasted 10 minutes with his autistic son at a match. All he ever wanted to do was do the normal parent/child activity of going to the football.

Frank and I proposed to the board and the board felt that the community foundation would be best placed to look into this. The reason being that they are best placed when it comes to funding etc.. Frank and myself also met with the foundation to discuss. It’s certainly not been a No from the club or foundation but does require a lot of work should they be able to facilitate.

The lack of space at the moment is something which is a major issue. The FF boxes cannot be used unfortunately as the area up there requires renovation.

We also now have a Disabled Liaison Officer and after speaking with Frank this morning re this, Anne (our DLO) will be following this up with the Foundation.

It wouldn’t be a crèche facility if we can get something in place but a place as you’ve all suggested, where parents can take their children to watch the match in a safe and quiet environment. That’s what started the conversations in the first place.

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks Tracey

Testimonial Due
    Hi there,

tsmith@hibernianfc.co.uk

Thanks

Tracey

Not a dig,reading that back is that an admittance from the board/club that they are not willing to pursue due to cost ?

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    And I’m glad it was. Atmosphere would’ve been killed had that been a similar build to the West.

One thing I would be interested to hear is regards Tracey’s statement there about the FF boxes needing renovated. Could we get some clarity on what’s happening with that stand?

Boxes - how long have they lay empty? Why haven’t they been renovated already? What does this ‘renovation’ entail? A lick of paint etc? Yes it may cost a wee bit but how much hospitality could we be missing out on?
    It wouldn't, in fact we could have had since 1875 in the lower tier and the atmosphere would've improved massively.

Would be good to hear the answers to your questions above 👍

Out of interest, what needs to go into a sensory room? If it's for a safe and quiet environment, is it much more than insulation, or is there other requirements?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Not a dig,reading that back is that an admittance from the board/club that they are not willing to pursue due to cost ?
    I could see how that could be perceived from what I’ve written.

It’s not at all. The supporter I had spoken to regarding his son, did quite a bit of work re this and visited other clubs and big or small they all go down the funding route whether that be government funding or crowdfunding, hence the reason we spoke to the foundation about it as this is something they deal with on a daily basis.

Hope that makes a bit more sense now

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    It wouldn't, in fact we could have had since 1875 in the lower tier and the atmosphere would've improved massively.

Would be good to hear the answers to your questions above

Out of interest, what needs to go into a sensory room? If it's for a safe and quiet environment, is it much more than insulation, or is there other requirements?
    I will answer the other questions as best I can but just to answer re the sensory room. It does need a room to be kitted out. It has to meet certain standards. Sorry don’t have my research/notes in front of me.

Testimonial Due
    I could see how that could be perceived from what I’ve written.

It’s not at all. The supporter I had spoken to regarding his son, did quite a bit of work re this and visited other clubs and big or small they all go down the funding route whether that be government funding or crowdfunding, hence the reason we spoke to the foundation about it as this is something they deal with on a daily basis.

Hope that makes a bit more sense now

Totally,thankyou.... anything the club can do regarding disabilities can only be positive 👍

First Team Breakthrough

Hi there,

I will answer these as best I can.

NHS - discussions still ongoing

Lift - this will remain the same this season. The lift really needs to be replaced

BTG - have been advised the first floor will reopen. Some bits and pieces being done to freshen it up. This should hopefully be ready for the start of the new season

Boxes - don’t have an answer for this but will find out.

The second floor needs a refurb and isn’t fit for opening at present.

The North Stand is a little tired looking. The club are looking at different ways to use the space whether that be the NHS as planned or something else.

I know that’s not lots of information but what I do know at present.

Anything further we will keep everyone posted.

Thanks

Tracey

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=traceyhibs;5459529]Hi there,

Lift - this will remain the same this season. The lift really needs to be replaced

BTG - have been advised the first floor will reopen. Some bits and pieces being done to freshen it up. This should hopefully be ready for the start of the new season

The North Stand is a little tired looking. The club are looking at different ways to use the space whether that be the NHS as planned or something else.

Thanks

Tracey

Not a dig at you Tracey & I'm not a lift engineer. But these things work on a basic principle.
    There are lifts at numerous high rise flats in Edinburgh & are the originals from day dot. If they ever break down they are always fixed. So I don't believe the club on this that it is beyond repair.

Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

Thanks Tracey.

In regards to the NHS I’m slightly confused. I thought a deal was in place? Therefore I’m struggling to understand how discussions are now taking place? Are the discussions back at square one regards the space or something else?

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=gorgiegreens;5459711]
    Hi there,

Thanks

Tracey

Not a dig at you Tracey & I'm not a lift engineer. But these things work on a basic principle.
    There are lifts at numerous high rise flats in Edinburgh & are the originals from day dot. If they ever break down they are always fixed. So I don't believe the club on this that it is beyond repair.

The parts are basically harder to get. I suppose it’s a bit like older washing machines, boilers etc and as parts become obsolete or harder to get you eventually have to move onto a newer model.

It also has a bearing on your insurance.

I’m not a lift engineer either but obviously just bits and pieces I’ve picked up on.

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=May2116;5459869]Thanks Tracey.

In regards to the NHS I’m slightly confused. I thought a deal was in place? Therefore I’m struggling to understand how discussions are now taking place? Are the discussions back at square one regards the space or something else?[/

The discussions are ongoing. They haven’t just started. Apologies if I gave you that impression.

I know you are likely to want more information but unfortunately I am not involved in any discussions.

[QUOTE=traceyhibs;5460061]
    Thanks Tracey.

In regards to the NHS I’m slightly confused. I thought a deal was in place? Therefore I’m struggling to understand how discussions are now taking place? Are the discussions back at square one regards the space or something else?[/

The discussions are ongoing. They haven’t just started. Apologies if I gave you that impression.

I know you are likely to want more information but unfortunately I am not involved in any discussions.

No, not at all, it’s just the initial announcement was two years ago now so very strange they haven’t progressed or been cancelled.