hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 429

Thread: England Semi

  1. #61
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not sure what your point is or whether it has anything to do with what I said.


    They won't win it though. That's the bottom line.


    Nothing. But it's going to be hilarious when they don't as they've convinced themselves it's 100% happening when it's still unlikely they will.
    Your enemies failure doesn't make you a success.

    If you get off on other people's disappointment, that's up to you..


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member bod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,379
    it'l be sheer hell if England win the world cup , rammed down our throats at every football game an English team play

  4. #63
    I'm almost edging towards wanting them to get to the Final to see them humped senseless by France or Belgium.

    I'd love to see a total bloodbath on the pitch, a real 3 or 4 pumping by the first decent team they've come up against.

    Men women and children from Carlisle to Torquay greetin' and depressed for weeks on end, it would be glorious.

  5. #64
    Testimonial Due Nameless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Musselburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm down south now and it's really horrible. Unbearable. Full of ****s.

    And the football isn't helping either.
    That made me chuckle!

    Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

  6. #65
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. How many? have you done a poll? what is the count? Pure propaganda.
    2. You're still not sure then?
    Try turning on a tv or going on Twitter once and a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your enemies failure doesn't make you a success.
    If you get off on other people's disappointment, that's up to you.

    Football is all about rivalries. Are you saying you don't find it funny when hearts lose? I personally love seeing hearts, Celtic, rangers and England lose games of football as I cannot stand any of them in a footballing sense.

  7. #66
    Coaching Staff iwasthere1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh South
    Posts
    20,608
    Only took about ten seconds into last night's Eastenders before Danny Dyer (the pricks prick) was singing 'It's Coming Home'

    Fingers crossed that Croatia turn them over. I will then look forward to Eastenders on Thursday.

  8. #67
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Try turning on a tv or going on Twitter once and a while.




    Football is all about rivalries. Are you saying you don't find it funny when hearts lose? I personally love seeing hearts, Celtic, rangers and England lose games of football as I cannot stand any of them in a footballing sense.
    Yeah, I honestly don't get off on it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

    Seems a bit petty and twisted to me.

  9. #68
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah, I honestly don't get off on it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

    Seems a bit petty and twisted to me.
    I'm pretty sure you're in a minority that doesn't understand football rivalries but fair enough

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    951
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure you're in a minority that doesn't understand football rivalries but fair enough
    If someone doesn't have the same opinion as you on something, I would say it is a stretch to think that they just don't understand it.

    Joy of life, accepting that other people have different views, even ones we find hard to understand!

  11. #70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure you're in a minority that doesn't understand football rivalries but fair enough
    Oh, I get rivalries, I just don't get how you can take pleasure in other fans disappointment, when the game is nothing to do with us.

    Pretty empty celebrating them failing to do what we can't come close to. Just shows us as being small minded.

    A bit like that Yam weirdo that used to stand on the motorway bridge at Livingston with a big Hearts flag when we'd lost a game at Hampden.

    Or even worse, those no marks that used to pay to get into ER when we were in the Championship. That just points to very small minded men, desperately wanting to be noticed

    I'm pretty sure, you're not one of those though.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Mount Florida
    Posts
    20,253
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...

    The “It’s coming home” stuff is just a bit of hopeful fun. Don’t get me wrong I think it’ll be a laugh when they lose, but some people are a bit OTT.




    I've just come back from the South of England and didn't encounter anybody that was so arrogant as to think they'd already won the thing.

    Some of the newspapers, on the other hand, have it done and dusted, but who pays much attention to them (especially the Sun)

  13. #72
    Testimonial Due we are hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, I get rivalries, I just don't get how you can take pleasure in other fans disappointment, when the game is nothing to do with us.

    Pretty empty celebrating them failing to do what we can't come close to. Just shows us as being small minded.

    A bit like that Yam weirdo that used to stand on the motorway bridge at Livingston with a big Hearts flag when we'd lost a game at Hampden.

    Or even worse, those no marks that used to pay to get into ER when we were in the Championship. That just points to very small minded men, desperately wanting to be noticed

    I'm pretty sure, you're not one of those though.
    All I said was I like seeing those sides lose as I find the meltdown from their respective supports hilarious.i don't see how that's sad and pathetic. Surely the majority of hibs fans want to see hearts lose and find it funny when they do?

  14. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I might be accused of being a bitter twisted Scot but a combnation of a relatively easy group,and the luck of the draw has landed them in the semi finals.

    My opinion is that the first half decent team they meet will put them away.

    Step forward Croatia.

    All this Waistcoat Wednesday , cancel Wimbledon, close the stores early nonsense will evaporate and Mr Southgate will be rounded on by a public which has been whipped into a false sense of expectancy and triumphalism.

    Feels better to have got that off my chest!
    Don’t think Croatia have played well last 2 games but they’ll never have a better chance to get to a World Cup final than tomorrow,England have had it easy,don’t think their big players have even played that well,hopefully Croatia do the business!

  15. #74
    Testimonial Due Since90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Leith
    Posts
    3,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, I get rivalries, I just don't get how you can take pleasure in other fans disappointment, when the game is nothing to do with us.

    Pretty empty celebrating them failing to do what we can't come close to. Just shows us as being small minded.

    A bit like that Yam weirdo that used to stand on the motorway bridge at Livingston with a big Hearts flag when we'd lost a game at Hampden.

    Or even worse, those no marks that used to pay to get into ER when we were in the Championship. That just points to very small minded men, desperately wanting to be noticed

    I'm pretty sure, you're not one of those though.
    You seem to be taking it abit more seriously than you should. It's abit of sporting rivalry, nothing more nothing less.

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Blackpool
    Age
    58
    Posts
    49,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh, I get rivalries, I just don't get how you can take pleasure in other fans disappointment, when the game is nothing to do with us.

    Pretty empty celebrating them failing to do what we can't come close to. Just shows us as being small minded.

    A bit like that Yam weirdo that used to stand on the motorway bridge at Livingston with a big Hearts flag when we'd lost a game at Hampden.

    Or even worse, those no marks that used to pay to get into ER when we were in the Championship. That just points to very small minded men, desperately wanting to be noticed

    I'm pretty sure, you're not one of those though.
    I had one of the best nights of my life one sunny Saturday in 1986, you obviously didn't.

  17. #76
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had one of the best nights of my life one sunny Saturday in 1986, you obviously didn't.
    Fair play. Bang to rights.
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 10-07-2018 at 04:58 PM.

  18. #77
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    A perpetual situation comedy.
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to be taking it abit more seriously than you should. It's abit of sporting rivalry, nothing more nothing less.
    Sounds like I may be. Thanks for the heads up.

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member HH81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    8,716
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We really are a bitter bunch.

    The “It’s coming home” stuff is just a bit of hopeful fun. Don’t get me wrong I think it’ll be a laugh when they lose, but some people are a bit OTT.
    Living in England it can be a bit annoying but then you see something like this and remember as long as it makes some people happy fair enough.

    https://youtu.be/bqEe37dEYcg
    Cougars!!!

  20. #79
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    567
    I’ve lived in England the last 23 years on and off, I’ts the first time I’ve actually supported them in anything, fair to say I’’m enjoying the experience and getting caught up in the excitement, maybe my fellow countrymen who live in England like myself should just embrace it instead of carrying the chip on the shoulder.

  21. #80
    I was unfortunate enough to be down south when they annihilated the mighty Tunisia. Luckily I left for home two days later but the euphoria and triumphalism was bad enough then, so god only knows what it must be like as we await tomorrow's showdown

    Hopefully tonight's match may be of sufficient good standard to perhaps instil at least a little degree of trepidation, but I doubt it.

    Sir Harry and his knights in shining armour are ready to battle the infidels and put them to the sword, or so the media would have us believe.

    I think the backlash will be bitter, bilious and prolonged.

    I, for one, canny wait!

  22. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    it'l be sheer hell if England win the world cup , rammed down our throats at every football game an English team play
    Jim Traynor in his Daily Record blog once wrote: “Petty and narrow-minded doesn't begin to describe the mentality of Scotland when it comes to England…..Maybe one day, if we ever grow up and become a proper country that stops blaming all its ills on its larger, wealthier neighbour, we might gain the credibility we crave in the wider world.”

  23. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Your enemies failure doesn't make you a success.
    If you get off on other people's disappointment, that's up to you
    .


    Seriously, as a Scot I sometimes wonder why I choose to live in this backward-thinking, predominantly anti-English nation of self-pitying souls with a collective chip-on-its-shoulders and a raging inferiority complex.

  24. #83
    Testimonial Due Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jim Traynor in his Daily Record blog once wrote: “Petty and narrow-minded doesn't begin to describe the mentality of Scotland when it comes to England…..Maybe one day, if we ever grow up and become a proper country that stops blaming all its ills on its larger, wealthier neighbour, we might gain the credibility we crave in the wider world.”
    Jim Traynor purveyor of decency and how we should all behave, no ta

  25. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm down south now and it's really horrible. Unbearable. Full of ****s.

    And the football isn't helping either.
    This begs the question: why are you not living up here in Scotland, then?

  26. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve lived in England the last 23 years on and off, I’ts the first time I’ve actually supported them in anything, fair to say I’’m enjoying the experience and getting caught up in the excitement, maybe my fellow countrymen who live in England like myself should just embrace it instead of carrying the chip on the shoulder.

    I'm with you all the way with this type of approach and thinking.

  27. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to be taking it abit more seriously than you should. It's abit of sporting rivalry, nothing more nothing less.
    The amount of times I have heard this line from a fellow Scot.
    If it were only true and actually confined to sport.
    Unfortunately, the anti-English sentiment runs deeper and permeates every level of Scottish society outwith sport.

  28. #87
    @hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Age
    52
    Posts
    520
    Personally speaking as a bar manager in Cheltenham I hope they get to the final, it's good for business, but I do hope that if they get there I hope that they get absolutely pumped

  29. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jim Traynor purveyor of decency and how we should all behave, no ta
    Forget Jim Traynor and focus on the words said.

  30. #89
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    28,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote



    I've just come back from the South of England and didn't encounter anybody that was so arrogant as to think they'd already won the thing.

    Some of the newspapers, on the other hand, have it done and dusted, but who pays much attention to them (especially the Sun)
    They’re having a great time down there and quite right too, they’ve made it to a World Cup semi-final which they really didn’t expect. It’s a case of hold on and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts I guess.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  31. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They’re having a great time down there and quite right too, they’ve made it to a World Cup semi-final which they really didn’t expect. It’s a case of hold on and enjoy the ride as long as it lasts I guess.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved