Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
They don't have to fight a governing body that is hell-bent on maintaining a duopoly.
Correct. In that case youth development should be taken as being a write-off regards them. I've been hearing noise from them since immediately after the Argentina 78 debacle. During that tournament they showed they couldn't run a menage so they're best ignored. No one can argue that whatever attempts they've made in the last 40 years have done anything good or even something approaching competent. They, as an institution, are useless dicks.

That would leave the govt or some private money to provide the means to improve the game. Private money people lack all altruism these days unless its attached to a tax-break scheme/scam ao nothing doing there. There are no Carnegies around.

I don't think the govt are all that interested in football or even understands that it can be a positive thing in a countries culture. A nation wide programme would produce players, education in terms of health and just let kids let of steam. Don't think they have appetite to get involved though.

In short I'm not too optimistic.