hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is that not a direct result of the posters who seem to have a bizarre interest in telling people what they should and shouldn’t do with their time and money in order to be classed a genuine Hibs fan.
    Yes it almost certainly is.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Boasting about not going? Not sure how boasting is being detected.

Boasting would resemble - I missed the game because I was collecting the Aston Martin from the garage, picking up the super model wife, popping into The Witchery for some lunch and bought one of the most expensive bottles on offer...and so on.

Saying I couldn't be bothered or I couldn't justify going is not boasting. Saying I was there and questioning why others weren't there is closer to boasting. Don't think anybody put up why they couldn't make it in fine detail until people questioned rather rudely why people didn't go...

"Deserve" is a horrible word to use in this context. Paul Hanlon deserves his wage from Hibs, he does not deserve adulation or anything else. That is a bonus of the job he has managed to secure, a dream job for many. Heroes that fight in wars or serve in the armed forces, heroes that work long hours as nurses or doctors trying to save lives, heroes that work long hours to give their kids a better life...if Paul (a well paid footballer) deserves a stadium filled with fans paying £20 a head to celebrate him, what do these heroes deserve? Paul, being a decent guy, will not think he deserved the testimonial. As I'm sure Lewis thought/thinks the same about his.

Just to clarify, nobody is boasting about not going, if you have people criticising others for not turning up then people will respond. As is seen in this thread.
    I agree that this thread has led to people listing theit reasons for not going, but personally if I had decided not to go I’d have kept that to myself. I’m pretty sure some players will read these forums and to read that people didn’t go because it was a boring opponent or they just couldn’t be bothered isn’t going to make Paul Hanlon feel very good. My point is basically that no one has to justify whether they go to a game or not, but it lacks a bit of class to post that you couldn’t be bothered when the game was a benefit match for a long serving player. I understand that some people don’t agree with testimonials for players earning far more than the people expected to pay for these games.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I agree that this thread has led to people listing theit reasons for not going, but personally if I had decided not to go I’d have kept that to myself. I’m pretty sure some players will read these forums and to read that people didn’t go because it was a boring opponent or they just couldn’t be bothered isn’t going to make Paul Hanlon feel very good. My point is basically that no one has to justify whether they go to a game or not, but it lacks a bit of class to post that you couldn’t be bothered when the game was a benefit match for a long serving player. I understand that some people don’t agree with testimonials for players earning far more than the people expected to pay for these games.
    Does Paul Hanlon feel good about fans dishing it out on here, questioning why people couldn't make it? Suggestions of stinginess or disrespect for Paul, or lack of understanding that this is a club legend...I'm sure Paul and the other players prefer that.

I donated but didn't go, is that ok with the Hibs players or are they still upset? I stopped crying when someone didn't turn up to my birthday party about 25 years ago...I expect Hibs players are mature enough and sensible enough to appreciate why people may not have turned up without going on to a fan forum site. I'm sure they have stuff in their life that they really "should" attend but can't be bothered/can't justify going, maybe someone's birthday party or wedding.

What lacks more class? Justifying why you weren't there in response to multiple people questioning lack of numbers in a poor manner, or questioning everyone's reasons for not turning up in a poor manner? I know what lacks class...

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    FFS. This thread is just carnage on wheels. Delete now.

Coaching Staff
    I was there. It was pretty empty.

I get that it was a testimonial and all the emotional draw of that. However, £20 for a non-competitive out of season game is too steep for an occasion. Especially with a European home game on Thursday.

I think it's just about what people might expect would happen.

Does Paul Hanlon feel good about fans dishing it out on here, questioning why people couldn't make it? Suggestions of stinginess or disrespect for Paul, or lack of understanding that this is a club legend...I'm sure Paul and the other players prefer that.

I donated but didn't go, is that ok with the Hibs players or are they still upset? I stopped crying when someone didn't turn up to my birthday party about 25 years ago...I expect Hibs players are mature enough and sensible enough to appreciate why people may not have turned up without going on to a fan forum site. I'm sure they have stuff in their life that they really "should" attend but can't be bothered/can't justify going, maybe someone's birthday party or wedding.

What lacks more class? Justifying why you weren't there in response to multiple people questioning lack of numbers in a poor manner, or questioning everyone's reasons for not turning up in a poor manner? I know what lacks class...
    Ffs mate you’re seriously over thinking this. All I’m saying is show a bit of respect and decency.

United we stand here....

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Ffs mate you’re seriously over thinking this. All I’m saying is show a bit of respect and decency.
    Ask the same from those that posted up the questions about why people didn't turn up and we are sorted, that's all I'm saying.

Testimonial Due

Boasting would resemble - I missed the game because I was collecting the Aston Martin from the garage, picking up the super model wife, popping into The Witchery for some lunch and bought one of the most expensive bottles on offer...and so on.
    It was the Bentley, actually.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Admins please delete thread and let us all look forward and move on starting to get embarrassing for everyone.