Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I agree. People seem to be boasting about not going now. I couldn’t really care less who went and who didn’t. I didn’t go as I’m away on holiday, if I’d been home I’d have went. Hanlon does deserve better than being told people didn’t go because they couldn’t be bothered. Sometimes it’s better to say nothing.
Boasting about not going? Not sure how boasting is being detected.

Boasting would resemble - I missed the game because I was collecting the Aston Martin from the garage, picking up the super model wife, popping into The Witchery for some lunch and bought one of the most expensive bottles on offer...and so on.

Saying I couldn't be bothered or I couldn't justify going is not boasting. Saying I was there and questioning why others weren't there is closer to boasting. Don't think anybody put up why they couldn't make it in fine detail until people questioned rather rudely why people didn't go...

"Deserve" is a horrible word to use in this context. Paul Hanlon deserves his wage from Hibs, he does not deserve adulation or anything else. That is a bonus of the job he has managed to secure, a dream job for many. Heroes that fight in wars or serve in the armed forces, heroes that work long hours as nurses or doctors trying to save lives, heroes that work long hours to give their kids a better life...if Paul (a well paid footballer) deserves a stadium filled with fans paying £20 a head to celebrate him, what do these heroes deserve? Paul, being a decent guy, will not think he deserved the testimonial. As I'm sure Lewis thought/thinks the same about his.

Just to clarify, nobody is boasting about not going, if you have people criticising others for not turning up then people will respond. As is seen in this thread.