hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Neil lennon

Hybrid View

Neil lennon

Wondering if anyone knows the reason lennon hasn’t spoke to the media/hibs Tv recently? Even after the game it’s gary Parker and not Neil.

Just wondering if anyone knows why? I love Neil and am not having a go.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    John McGinn is the reason.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    John McGinn is the reason.

Exactly.

Definatley some sort of issue here imo.

Love Lenny too but some sort of point is being made. Not done any hibs TV stuff. Can't imagine the marketing team are loving that releasing latest videos and it's the assistant again. No offence Parker but everyone wants the managers thoughts. Lennon no happy I think.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Definatley some sort of issue here imo.

Love Lenny too but some sort of point is being made. Not done any hibs TV stuff. Can't imagine the marketing team are loving that releasing latest videos and it's the assistant again. No offence Parker but everyone wants the managers thoughts. Lennon no happy I think.
    I think it was the same last summer was it not?

I think it’s strange but I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I think Lennon isn’t happy about something. Not doing Hibs TV interviews? That isn’t about McGinn, he can simply ask them not to raise it in the interview. Parker wasn’t asked about it so...

Hopefully everything is ok but very strange doing no interviews.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    I think Lennon isn’t happy about something. Not doing Hibs TV interviews? That isn’t about McGinn, he can simply ask them not to raise it in the interview. Parker wasn’t asked about it so...

Hopefully everything is ok but very strange doing no interviews.
    You love anything negative about the club so this will be right up your street.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    You love anything negative about the club so this will be right up your street.
    Just following me around all threads to make smart comments about me? There is good humour and then there is childishness...guess that’s why forums are great as there is a freedom for all sorts to make comments. Whatever floats your boat

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Probably pissed off that he will be in the stand for the next 4 games and doesn’t want to get in more bother moaning about it. Plus he probably doesn’t want to have to answer questions about McGinns future. What is worrying is that he hasn’t don’t anything with our own hibs tv. It’s not like Cliff would ask him things that he wouldn’t want to go over so rather strange.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Did Lennon not do the same last pre season? Maybe he just likes a break from the media side of the game. We have heard from him a few times this summer though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Did Lennon not do the same last pre season? Maybe he just likes a break from the media side of the game. We have heard from him a few times this summer though.
    Yep. And the one before (but to be fair with that one he was away living it up and getting pished at the euros)

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    As Hibs have not denied that Lenny threw a glass of red wine over Petrie and told LD he’s out the door, I’m going to let my imagination run free and make up all sorts of wild stories.

Of course, it could just be that GP needs some practice in front of the media and Lenny doesn’t really feel the need to be fielding questions about SJM right now, but where’s the fun in that?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    As Hibs have not denied that Lenny threw a glass of red wine over Petrie and told LD he’s out the door, I’m going to let my imagination run free and make up all sorts of wild stories.

Of course, it could just be that GP needs some practice in front of the media and Lenny doesn’t really feel the need to be fielding questions about SJM right now, but where’s the fun in that?
    Pretty sure nobody came up with such an elaborate story, nothing beats a good hyperbole though! What you missed out was Petrie decked Lenny and then set about all the players. Petrie lost it, ripped his SFA blazer and the rest of his attire off then ran streaking around Edinburgh in a fit of rage. Leeann Dempster handed in her notice the next day stating she couldn’t deal with Petrie’s shenanigans. This is top secret stuff though.

Parker never got asked about McGinn so Lennon wanting to avoid questions about McGinn doesn’t make sense. He may be trying to keep low profile due to his ban, that I can understand but still find strange. No major interviews with the manager on Hibs TV during the pre-season is a little strange, sorry, even if strange is something we should expect from Lennon from time to time.

Another bout of depression? Could well be if Parker is doing media duties etc

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_kara View Post
    Cheap shot clown

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Cheap shot clown
    I don’t think the poster you quoted meant to cause offence?

He suffers from depression so it’s a possibility.

I don’t think it’s something we should be scared to discuss although I also recognise it’s mayve something we shouldn’t speculate about.

I honestly don’t know however I don’t think the poster you quoted meant offence, that’s certainly not the tone I detected anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Cheap shot clown
    In what way is that a "shot", cheap or otherwise?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Breakthrough
    For ****** sake!!! Give the man a ******in break

Quote Originally Posted by dunfyhibby View Post
    For ****** sake!!! Give the man a ******in break
    I think he's being empathetic and understanding.

Do you think that acknowledging someone's illness is an attack on them?

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    FFS! The guy hands his assistant the media duties after a couple of pre season games and all of a sudden his depression is back! Ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    FFS! The guy hands his assistant the media duties after a couple of pre season games and all of a sudden his depression is back! Ridiculous.
    Yep, good man management, delegates and shares the load with a trusted and capable deputy.

The opposite of the doctor football and Father Dougal dream team and we don't need to send a runner with a note as a reminder of how that style worked out.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Jumping to conclusions.

My own are that doing the bare minimum is as close to a holiday as a manager like Neil Lennon can get.

Typically he is in the thick of it. Involved in everything and quoted on all matters concerning football - and not even just the goings on at his own club.

He is quiet just now but I don't expect it will last.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Jumping to conclusions.

My own are that doing the bare minimum is as close to a holiday as a manager like Neil Lennon can get.

Typically he is in the thick of it. Involved in everything and quoted on all matters concerning football - and not even just the goings on at his own club.

He is quiet just now but I don't expect it will last.
    They’ve not jumped to any conclusion, there’s a question mark there.

Nope. Lennon like many lives with it. The back team sign players not lennon. And he’s no reason to talk about friendlies with the press. Be very sure that he gave them all a rocket today.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Nope. Lennon like many lives with it. The back team sign players not lennon. And he’s no reason to talk about friendlies with the press. Be very sure that he gave them all a rocket today.
    That’s fine and hopefully there’s no issue as I’m sure there’s not.

One small point though is that when he speaks to the press, he’s not just speaking to the press. It’s how the vast majority of the fans get to know what he’s thinking and that’s generally speaking something fans are interested in.

I come on here as I’m interested to know what other Hibs fans are thinking and saying, if I’m interested what half the donuts on here think I’m definitely interested in what the manager is thinking and what he has to say.

Anyway, it sounds like I’m making a bigger deal of this than it is, I recognise that it’s a long season ahead and as other have said he maybe just wants a break from media before getting stuck into it again this season, I do think it’s a bit strange though.

Testimonial Due
    Absolute state of this.

Every time Scott Allan gets subbed off or doesn't have a 10/10 do you say 'another bout of diabetes?'

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    Absolute state of this.

Every time Scott Allan gets subbed off or doesn't have a 10/10 do you say 'another bout of diabetes?'
    Well, yes actually.

I mentioned the fact that Allan has only played the full 90 minutes once since his return and his diabetes was offered as a reason.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Why do people get so precious at the single mention of mental health problems? No wonder there’s still a stigma surrounding the area.

NL himself has been extremely open about his struggles, and I definitely don’t think the poster meant any offence. The lack of public appreances is a bit odd, and as someone who has suffered from anxiety/depression myself, I also wondered whether NL was using the summer break to recharge his batteries.

This has car crash all over it!!!

For me I think it’s McGinn and what’s happening behind the scenes. If it is his mental health which Lennon has openly spoke about and which is good he did. I feel posters can still put that theory over without being attacked. Mental health is everywhere and yes it maybe could be that for all we know it might not be either of McGinn or Lennons issues maybe he fancies letting Parker just do it. Come the new season Lennon will no doubt be back in front of the cameras!

Quote Originally Posted by Cairney11 View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows the reason lennon hasn’t spoke to the media/hibs Tv recently? Even after the game it’s gary Parker and not Neil.

Just wondering if anyone knows why? I love Neil and am not having a go.
    He can’t be arsed. From the horses mouth. He doesn’t need to yet and best he doesn’t.