hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Danny Swanson

Left by mutual consent!

Danny Swanson

A massive season ahead for him I believe there is a great player in there and hope he gives Lennon selection nightmares.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A massive season ahead for him I believe there is a great player in there and hope he gives Lennon selection nightmares.
    I reckoned he will be a big player for us this year.

I personally can't see it, a decent player but over hyped that one season at St Johnstone, he looked very lightweight today and offered nothing going forward. I really wanted it to work for him and hope it still does but I have my doubts.

Although it was a friendly today, I think he missed a big chance. He was poor and I wouldn’t be surprised if Mallan comes in on Thursday.

If we do get Allan, Swanson is finished at Hibs IMO.

Blog Entries
    I think it’s too early to write off guys who are good squad players. If they are happy at ER, picking up relatively decent money and getting some games, all good and well. They’re not daft and if they enjoy life with us rather that play every game with less attractive teams for low wages, they would be working their tickets trying to get away.

Have to say Danny gets cut a lot of slack on here and if he wasn't "one of our own" I don't think that would be the case. He was poor today in what was a big chance for him considering Mallan has just signed and Allan in all probability on the way. He just never got going at all today...in fairness like a lot of the team but Swanson has a bit more to prove than most who started today. I would love him to come good for us but think time is fast running out...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

For me it really has been the best part of a year waiting and watching and hoping and, yes, being disappointed By Danny's impact at Easter Road.
    His well-documented shenanigans abroad didn't do him any favours, especially when our club bent over backwards to allow him time to nurse his heartache at the loss of a dear friend. I remember thinking last December "Come on Danny, you have the 2nd half of the season to make amends and to graft your way into Neil Lennon's thinking and to a regular start"...but sadly, it just didn't happen for him.
    So, here we are, at the dawn of a new season and I think it fair to say "This is it, Danny" "No more second chances" "Time to deliver"

Swanson was pretty anonymous today …. you have to wonder if he has it in him any more to be a big player for Hibs, I'm seriously beginning to doubt it. Normally you wouldn't judge a player on a pre season game but in Swanson's case he has a lot to prove and cant afford to miss an opportunity to shine, even in a friendly … he missed that opportunity yesterday.

Left by mutual consent!
    To be fair he was very good in his last competitive start for us.

Sounds like a few had off days today.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    He’s had **** all in terms of chances, and when he does get decent game time he has a lot to offer. Celtic at home he was unplayable. Certainly won’t be judging him on a pre season friendly when we were all fairly pish.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Swanson was pretty anonymous today …. you have to wonder if he has it in him any more to be a big player for Hibs, I'm seriously beginning to doubt it. Normally you wouldn't judge a player on a pre season game but in Swanson's case he has a lot to prove and cant afford to miss an opportunity to shine, even in a friendly … he missed that opportunity yesterday.
    To be fair to him, 3/4 times first half he made very good runs or was in very good positions and we were so slow and laboured that the pass didn’t come. To all intents and purposes, majority of the team made yesterday look like a basic training game and the pace was as such. I wouldn’t read too much into that.

Danny's 31 now, his best days are behind him. I think a team aspiring to be in the top 3-4 needs better quality than Danny Swanson.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    He’s had **** all in terms of chances, and when he does get decent game time he has a lot to offer. Celtic at home he was unplayable. Certainly won’t be judging him on a pre season friendly when we were all fairly pish.
    He wasn’t unplayable. He played well, that’s it. He can’t hang on one game that he played well, he’s not done enough IMO.. Circumstances may have dictated that, but it’s still the case. I’d get rid this window if we can get a taker.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    To be fair to him, 3/4 times first half he made very good runs or was in very good positions and we were so slow and laboured that the pass didn’t come. To all intents and purposes, majority of the team made yesterday look like a basic training game and the pace was as such. I wouldn’t read too much into that.

I agree with this. Yesterday was not a barometer for anything. A slow paced friendly, loads of subs. Nothing it can tell us. Thursday is a different animal entirely.