hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outer Hebrides

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You and Dan could try this link in the meantime...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sRct7wXVrcwSojzk7

These are stunning JMS, they really set the heart stirring and bring back many fond memories. It's God's country up there. Thanks for posting them.

And remarkably you've managed to substantially improve the beautiful local scenery in one or two of your pictures too. That's very hard to do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    These are stunning JMS, they really set the heart stirring and bring back many fond memories. It's God's country up there. Thanks for posting them.

And remarkably you've managed to substantially improve the beautiful local scenery in one or two of your pictures too. That's very hard to do.
    You're welcome, glad you liked them. We'll definitely be going back for a longer trip before too long.

You need to get to Barra & Vatersay next time. It's like a mini Harris - amazing beaches. A boat trip to Mingulay is well worth doing - especially when the puffins are around. We had five golden eagles soaring above us in May 2017 and the sea cliffs are spectacular.
    There are a couple of sea eagles on the islands between Barra & Eriskay, saw them both this June when I was last up there on my brother-in-law's boat.
    It's a Celtic stronghold but I've been working on my wife's family and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    You need to get to Barra & Vatersay next time. It's like a mini Harris - amazing beaches. A boat trip to Mingulay is well worth doing - especially when the puffins are around. We had five golden eagles soaring above us in May 2017 and the sea cliffs are spectacular.
    There are a couple of sea eagles on the islands between Barra & Eriskay, saw them both this June when I was last up there on my brother-in-law's boat.
    It's a Celtic stronghold but I've been working on my wife's family and a few others.
    I really fancy the flight into the beach thing just for the hell of it. What's it like trying to hire a car there?

The plane ride is a great experience but probably not for the nervous flier. It can be a bit bumpy but the views on a clear day are wonderful and landing on the sand is a thrill.
    Car hire can be arranged. My dad and his pal did it last summer, just picked the keys up at the airport cafe.
    I tend to take the ferry in the summer with the bikes or a car - or both - and get the plane at New Year (five hours from Oban on the winter sea can be unpleasant and there are often cancelations at that time of year).