hibs.net Messageboard

Page 79 of 80 FirstFirst ... 296977787980 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2389
    Mate at work has told me McGinn deal is sorted. £2.4 million, Allan permanent and Hayes on loan. This might explain why speculation for incoming players has increased if we know what we have to play with.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mate at work has told me McGinn deal is sorted. £2.4 million, Allan permanent and Hayes on loan. This might explain why speculation for incoming players has increased if we know what we have to play with.

Your mate at work is passing off the latest speculation on Twitter as fact.

Treat with caution.

[QUOTE=Souter96Mac;5487341]Mate at work has told me McGinn deal is sorted.

Yip that was about 2 pages ago,....
    doesn't mean it could be true though.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Heard this one as well from a pal, who well could have got this from social media

There's no way Celtic will deal with us with regards to Allan if they don't get McGinn - sadly that's just the way things are

But if he does go to Celtic, McGinn better get used to a lot less playing time.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That must be the 132nd time it's been sorted according to this thread since it since it started.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but Alfie Mawson, defender from Swansea (they got relegated to the Championship ffs) is quoted at TWENTY MILLION POUNDS!! We really need ANY English club to come and bid for him to avoid Celtic getting SJM on the cheap 🙁
    That's cheap for the Premier League. The guy was in the England Squad in March. Apparently the fee is £15m + £5m add ons

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    It's still getting him on the cheap in my opinion but if his agent is blocking a move down south where there are teams willing to pay our valuation what option do we have.
    John could by one phone call saying he was happy to move elsewhere get hibs and St mirren for that matter ,proper funds,to make a real difference.
    If it is where John wants to go then I'm sorry other than money I don't see it has a big progressive move to test him. It is in fact the easy option !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Don’t get this “agent blocking” stuff. The agent cannot stop a club from bidding and Hibs accepting. That puts the onus firmly on SJM to refuse, discuss or accept the approach - which would force Celtic to reconsider their position.

Blog Entries
    I'm watching Celtc right now, they're atrocious! Those smug, arrogant a****les who genuinely believe SJM wouldn't improve their team really do live in a fantasy world. Oh & Jack Hendry is a bombscare!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I'm watching Celtc right now, they're atrocious! Those smug, arrogant a****les who genuinely believe SJM wouldn't improve their team really do live in a fantasy world. Oh & Jack Hendry is a bombscare!
    Totally agree. They’re crying out for someone with a bit of strength in the midfield to fight for the ball and keep it.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Don’t get this “agent blocking” stuff. The agent cannot stop a club from bidding and Hibs accepting. That puts the onus firmly on SJM to refuse, discuss or accept the approach - which would force Celtic to reconsider their position.
    Your correct but they whoever will make contact with the agent to see if there is a will so to speak .
    Apparently the agent has told the other clubs John's wish is celtic.
    Oh wee will no bother then !!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Who is the agent?

Agents are a terrible thing for the game imho
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Even after the window closes I still would be amazed, I just don't see what's in it for him.
    He's a Gentleman, fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Who is the agent?

Is there not something fairly honourable about an agent attempting to facilitate a move to the club of the client's choosing rather than to the one that will net the agent the largest fee?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Is there not something fairly honourable about an agent attempting to facilitate a move to the club of the client's choosing rather than to the one that will net the agent the largest fee?
    I’m sure Johns agent will be doing exactly what he wants him to do, not the other way round

Just my take on the whole SJM situation. Wot if a deal, as stated, 2.4m Allan permanent and Hynes on loan has been agreed but is On ice until after European game tomorrow? Would make sense and explain all the so called "agent blocking any offers" crap being spouted

Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but Alfie Mawson, defender from Swansea (they got relegated to the Championship ffs) is quoted at TWENTY MILLION POUNDS!! We really need ANY English club to come and bid for him to avoid Celtic getting SJM on the cheap ��
    Bargain considering his age and nationally. He will be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    Who is the agent?

David Threlfall, apparently. He also represents Gary Mackay-Steven.

In this case, not too terrible, as SJM credits him with persuading him to sign for Hibs instead of going to Houston to play MLS.

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Two points.
    An agent isn’t in a position to ‘block’ anything, their job is to advise their client and try and broker the best deal for their client. Ultimately it’s up to the clubs and the player, nobody else.
    It’s in the agents best interest to go for the highest value deal as they will get paid proportionately, so a larger cash deal with probably higher wages would be more prosperous to them and their client. So in SJM’s case his agent should be trying to dissuade John from sticking with Celtc, if that is the case, and broaden his horizons.

Quote Originally Posted by LancsHibs View Post
    Two points.
    An agent isn’t in a position to ‘block’ anything, their job is to advise their client and try and broker the best deal for their client. Ultimately it’s up to the clubs and the player, nobody else.
    It’s in the agents best interest to go for the highest value deal as they will get paid proportionately, so a larger cash deal with probably higher wages would be more prosperous to them and their client. So in SJM’s case his agent should be trying to dissuade John from sticking with Celtc, if that is the case, and broaden his horizons.
    I disagree.

If John's priority in life is to make as much money as possible then you are correct.

It's up to him what his priorities are. Maybe his life's ambition is to play for Celtic?

Maybe he has changed his mind, wants to stay at Hibs forever and sign a modest contract that will put minimal financial pressure on us?

Maybe he's always wanted to play in the Andorran league?

The agent should represent the player's wishes. I don't want to see McGinn go to Celtic, but if that's where he wants to go then the agent's job is to do all he can to make that happen.

I disagree.

If John's priority in life is to make as much money as possible then you are correct.

It's up to him what his priorities are. Maybe his life's ambition is to play for Celtic?

Maybe he has changed his mind, wants to stay at Hibs forever and sign a modest contract that will put minimal financial pressure on us?

Maybe he's always wanted to play in the Andorran league?

The agent should represent the player's wishes. I don't want to see McGinn go to Celtic, but if that's where he wants to go then the agent's job is to do all he can to make that happen.
    A good summary

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Bargain considering his age and nationally. He will be really good.
    You are having a laugh right???

You can sign Higuain for £32 million.

First Team Breakthrough
    I don’t think anyone on this board wants him to go to Celtic, but he’s done week for us and always given 100%. You seen how much the comeback last week meant to him when the goal went in. If he wants to go to Celtic and they pay the right amount for Hibs, then well
    I’ll wish him Good luck.

Agents are poison, most out for themselves.
    The use of them is one the worst things to happen in football

We're getting the Man City winger so we don't need Hayes.

John does not have his heart set on a move to Celtic and has not instructed his agent to block any offers. If any clubs make Hibs a suitable offer then he will assess his options at that point. Until then, his is helping us conquer Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Estupendo View Post
    John does not have his heart set on a move to Celtic and has not instructed his agent to block any offers. If any clubs make Hibs a suitable offer then he will assess his options at that point. Until then, his is helping us conquer Europe.
    In that case no one rates him apart from celtic ( only bid) and Hibs fans !

Obviously, that's not true. And we have no idea exactly who has bid what.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Agents are poison, most out for themselves.
    The use of them is one the worst things to happen in football
    Just another example of a middle-man who has created a self-serving niche for himself based on the ethics and modus operandi of a bloodsucker.

Lennon implied in his interview last week that Celtic were not the only club making an offer on John, I think the weegie press tell everyone that Celtic have made an offer and it's been rejected, maybe other offers have been undisclosed as of now so we don't know who or what.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Lennon implied in his interview last week that Celtic were not the only club making an offer on John, I think the weegie press tell everyone that Celtic have made an offer and it's been rejected, maybe other offers have been undisclosed as of now so we don't know who or what.
    Very possible and I hope a very good club valuation offer is made and accepted soon .

But for now I just want John mcginn and all the Hibs team to play the game of there lives and get hibs through tonight.