hibs.net Messageboard

Page 46 of 80 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 2389
    @hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same here, fed with the will he won't crap. I want it resolved sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Frankly I am sick of this whole McGinn saga & can't believe I am alone in feeling this way.
    Yep same here, needs to be done already!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Same here, fed with the will he won't crap. I want it resolved sooner rather than later.
    I'm happy we've got players that are worth clubs bidding for, and are in a position we can turn those offers down if we deem them not to be good enough. I'd much rather that than having to accept the first offer on the table or only ever having rubbish players who we have to pay off or differ to watch on field.

The more we attract quality players the more this will become the norm so I'd get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I'm happy we've got players that are worth clubs bidding for, and are in a position we can turn those offers down if we deem them not to be good enough. I'd much rather that than having to accept the first offer on the table or only ever having rubbish players who we have to pay off or differ to watch on field.

The more we attract quality players the more this will become the norm so I'd get used to it.

As it should .

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Having a look at the deals it works out about the same cash wise. Allan's price will be added to the deal so St Mirren get their full %.

Say £2.5m + Allan (£500K) = £3m, so St Mirren will get around £1m, we get £1.5m

Separate deals, £2.5 = £800K to St M and strike a deal for Allan around £250k, again we get around £1.5m
    I'm not buying into this if hibs want to make allan a separate deal that has nothing to do with St mirren ...the did the same thing with mcgeoch not so long ago

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    I'm not buying into this if hibs want to make allan a separate deal that has nothing to do with St mirren ...the did the same thing with mcgeoch not so long ago

Which is the point in my post, it'll make little difference to the deal which way it's done, we'll get around the same and St Mirren will not lose out.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post

No real argument with your thoughts, however Hibs & everyone in the football world knew he was off this summer. They must or should have had a realistic valuation in place depending on various senarios,if an English club bids he is worth x, if not then he can only go one place Celtic so valuation realistcally will be x- OK don't show your hand up front but equally, this make us an offer, oh thats no good make us another offer, oh thats no good either make us another offer, that frankly is for the birds.
    As I said fed up with the whole thing & I ll bet many of the other players at the club are to.

Left by mutual consent!
    As much as I want St Mirren dealt with fairly if no further options where built into contract such as what if a player was part of deal.

So do players with sell on clause have to be sold as one deal? Even if it is not in our best interests?

St Mirren get what is left after we have done best for us surely?

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Which is the point in my post, it'll make little difference to the deal which way it's done, we'll get around the same and St Mirren will not lose out.
    I would accept 2 million and a credit note for 1 million and allan freed to sign for nothing but then again i worked in a different buying market ..

I get what your saying JC

It would be interesting to hear from those who assured us that the deal with Celtic was made some time ago.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Disagree completely we do what’s best for Hibs not St Mirren or in the interests of being ‘fair’. It’s a business remember and I don’t think it would sit well with most fans if we lost out on a potential player because we didnt have the money but would have had we negotiated a cash plus player deal.

We do what’s right for Hibs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Screwing up our reputation as a club who can be trusted in business would not be right for Hibs. Future deals like the one we did with St Mirren for McGinn would dry up.

We'd end up without the ability to buy players at low cost up front and a sell on, and so end up with inferior quality.

Also, clubs would think it fair enough to do the same to us.

And we'd be doing all that harm to ourselves for a few thousand pounds.

In any case, doing separate deals is in Hibs interest. St Mirren, or a tribunal, could value Allen at more than we pay for him so we'd lose out financially.
    Of course separate deals are better for Hibs. Why should St Mirren get a share of cash from the McGinn sale and also a share of the value of Allan if he were thrown in as part of the deal. As Hibbyradge says, if Allan was independently valued at a higher rate than we expected, St Mirren would be getting more than they are entitled to. As it stands, we want a fair price for McGinn and Celtic will get a fair price for Allan, based on his stock value within the Celtic set up, which in all honesty, cannot be too high, given his contribution to them in the past few weeks. He is a player they don’t want and they can’t start putting silly inflated valuations on a fringe squad player.

This thread is just going round in circles. Wish something could get sorted one way or another and if that means McGinn stays then fab.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It would be interesting to hear from those who assured us that the deal with Celtic was made some time ago.
    Why? So you can call them out for being wrong?

Nice.

We’ve all known for years that he’d go to Celtic.

I can’t get my head around why anyone is concerned about the time it’s taking. Just pretend it’s done already and move on!

Testimonial Due
    Wish there was any inside info on what is happening. Do we even have any idea what Hibs are holding out for or is it all just pure speculation on papers part?

Not ideal preparations for Europe any of this. Hope we can get 2/3 players in before greek games

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder if Celtic will play Allan tonight, and Cup tie him😎

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    This thread is just going round in circles. Wish something could get sorted one way or another and if that means McGinn stays then fab.
    Needs brought to a conclusion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder if Celtic will play Allan tonight, and Cup tie him😎
    don’t start a ‘cup-tied’ debate again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    don’t start a ‘cup-tied’ debate again.
    Think it’s been clarified today though. If Allan plays for Celtic tonight, can’t play for Hibs until we’re in the Europa League group stages

Still think it’s a valid thing to ask though Jim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Celtic are boxing clever here. They are pinning their strategy of getting McGinn on the cheap by holding out for the close of the English transfer window. I really hope they fall on their ***** by an English club coming in late or by us having the balls to stick to our guns.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Think it’s been clarified today though. If Allan plays for Celtic tonight, can’t play for Hibs until we’re in the Europa League group stages

Still think it’s a valid thing to ask though Jim
    If I'm being honest, it was only earlier today (on another thread) I realised that was the case.

I think I was too caught up with all the jokes going on that I didn't realise I didn't know the answer. I'm sure at one point they were just considered as separate competitions that you couldn't be cup tied for. If SA plays any part tonight then it would be a blow to not be able to use him in our qualifiers.
    Mon the Hibs.

Celtic are boxing clever here. They are pinning their strategy of getting McGinn on the cheap by holding out for the close of the English transfer window. I really hope they fall on their ***** by an English club coming in late or by us having the balls to stick to our guns.

Well said Hibs have a fantastic player for another year and f*** any other club trying to get him on the cheap.

There is still over 3 weeks until the english transfer window closes, well done RP&LD unless celtic come up with a proper offer/deal I would be happy for the club to wait until the 9th of August and see what developes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    If I'm being honest, it was only earlier today (on another thread) I realised that was the case.

I think I was too caught up with all the jokes going on that I didn't realise I didn't know the answer. I'm sure at one point they were just considered as separate competitions that you couldn't be cup tied for. If SA plays any part tonight then it would be a blow to not be able to use him in our qualifiers.
    I think we are morally correct to play McGinn as we should play our strongest team. Celtic fielding Allan just to be bloody-minded is another matter. As it is, I think there is every possibility that he might come on as a sub late on. Nowt we can do or say about it, so what will be will be.

I think we are morally correct to play McGinn as we should play our strongest team. Celtic fielding Allan just to be bloody-minded is another matter. As it is, I think there is every possibility that he might come on as a sub late on. Nowt we can do or say about it, so what will be will be.
    Thought it only mattered if Celtic drop into the EL?

we know what we have in SJM, and if he can help us get to the group stages. That's £3.5m in prize money before another ball is kicked.

I'm not saying we'll do it but I think he is a better player than Allen + cash at this stage. I'd rather Hibs risk a lesser offer later or even him seeing his contract out. Let both teams cup tie their players and see what we can do.

If Allan does arrive in a part swap, could we please then sign a player called Stalin.

I'd love a midfield trio called Allan, Mallen and Stalin.

Of course we'll stick to our guns. There is no reason to capitulate? Why would anyone think we would?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Thought it only mattered if Celtic drop into the EL?
    UEFA announced on Tuesday it had decided to remove the "cup-tied" rule from all European competitions.

This means that, for the first time, a player could play for two different clubs in the group stage and the knockout rounds of the Champions League, or the Europa League, in the same season. Players could switch between competitions in the past, but not stay in the same one with a second team.

UEFA didn't allow any player to play for a second club whatsoever until 2005-06, when it permitted players to move between competitions only in January. In 2012-13 it then removed any restrictions from players who had played in the qualifying rounds from being registered for another club in the group stage.

Now it has taken the final step and removed the "cup tied" rule completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    If Allan does arrive in a part swap, could we please then sign a player called Stalin.

I'd love a midfield trio called Allan, Mallen and Stalin.
    Dunno it didn’t work out so well when we played that game with Hanlon and O’Hanlon in 2012!

UEFA announced on Tuesday it had decided to remove the "cup-tied" rule from all European competitions.

This means that, for the first time, a player could play for two different clubs in the group stage and the knockout rounds of the Champions League, or the Europa League, in the same season. Players could switch between competitions in the past, but not stay in the same one with a second team.

UEFA didn't allow any player to play for a second club whatsoever until 2005-06, when it permitted players to move between competitions only in January. In 2012-13 it then removed any restrictions from players who had played in the qualifying rounds from being registered for another club in the group stage.

Now it has taken the final step and removed the "cup tied" rule completely.
    But if Allan/SJM play a qualifier, then they couldn't play in the qualifiers for another team in the other competition... I thought that's what was agreed, but that doesn't seem in line with what you've just posted as your last sentence.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    But if Allan/SJM play a qualifier, then they couldn't play in the qualifiers for another team in the other competition... I thought that's what was agreed, but that doesn't seem in line with what you've just posted as your last sentence.
    Think Jim is referring to the Group stages of both

Think Jim is referring to the Group stages of both

So the "cup-tie" only counts for each individual stage (Qualifying, Groups, or Knock-out) of the competition for 2 different clubs, and it bridges both competitions.

Got it, for now.
    Mon the Hibs.