hibs.net Messageboard

Page 30 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...pedantry alert. OK, he got the league position wrong by one place, but he also made a number of interesting points which it might be more interesting to talk about instead no?
    Forgot to put a smiley after it, want being pedantic 😁

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Media saying derby ready to bid 3 million

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Media saying derby ready to bid 3 million

Whereabouts? Can’t see this anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by skyehibee View Post
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by skyehibee View Post
    Other teams interested according to this

The sun are saying we want 3.5 million and that there has been contact from clubs down south but no official bid. But hibs are expecting bids from down south. This is great news imo. Opens everything right up.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    The sun are saying we want 3.5 million and that there has been contact from clubs down south but no official bid. But hibs are expecting bids from down south. This is great news imo. Opens everything right up.
    Daily record saying it’s £4m

Exactly what we wanted to hear!

Good, should take the English money then offer 100k for Scott Allan and see how Celtic like it

I had a look to see what was being said on the Celtic rumours site and the editor spouted of to the Celtic fans that McGinn was coming to Celtic and that he told Hibs not to listen to offers from other clubs because they were wasting their time. Make of that what you will.

Time for Celtic to get serious if they want Hibs to play ball.

Allan plus serious cash and I’ll be satisfied.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Clubs down south will be thinking they can get a player of similar caliber to Armstrong for cheaper, if we get 3.5-4m for McGinn that would be good. Lets be honest though, I can see McGinn going further than Armstrong in his career so whoever gets him will be getting him on the cheap.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Celtc need to remember the English window closes early this summer. Clubs down there are about to go on a spending frenzy - a lot of the top clubs have already done business so the market will be moving fast.

If there is interest down south, Celtic’s bid will prompt them to get the ball rolling. That’s when we find out how serious Celtic are about wanting him.

Interesting comments from Lennon tonight, saying McGinn isn’t right mentally. That changes things a bit IMO and we’ll want to get things wrapped up quickly now. We just need to hold our nerve.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I had a look to see what was being said on the Celtic rumours site and the editor spouted of to the Celtic fans that McGinn was coming to Celtic and that he told Hibs not to listen to offers from other clubs because they were wasting their time. Make of that what you will.
    I don’t believe the accuracy of this for a second, but, if on the very off chance it were true, I would be telling McGinn to shut it and if Celtic were relying on a ‘steal’ he and they would be disappointed. You’re with us for another season and if you don’t like it you can show a lack of professionalism and take the powder puff and then slink off to Celtic in June 2019. I will be really disappointed if LD buckles to Celtic and McGinn pressure.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

not sure why but i believe that, and if it turns out he only wants to go to the west of scotland club then i for one will be rather peeved at SJM, i'm still a tad peeved at Dylan McGeouch :(

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    If I was a professional football player, playing well for a random club and Hibs were interested to sign me, I'd be hugely annoyed if they put cheap offers in for me, it honestly would put me off moving to Hibs to an extent even though I'm a massive fan and have Hibs family. The whole talk of "we'll just let your contract run out at Hibs and get you for free" is another thing that'd make me think "nah, you are alright, if you don't want me enough to sign me now after all these offers clearly sent to unsettle me, then get lost".

Strange that most footballers seem to be quite happy for cheap deals to be submitted for them...even if they've enjoyed playing for their current team...
    Last edited by madhatter; 12-07-2018 at 11:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Can't see for a minute mcginn saying he isn't interested in offers down south. I'd also like to think he'd have more respect for hibs. Guess we'll find out

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    not sure why but i believe that, and if it turns out he only wants to go to the west of scotland club then i for one will be rather peeved at SJM, i'm still a tad peeved at Dylan McGeouch :(
    Why’s that? Up to him where he wants to work isn’t it?

Any club can come in for him but it’s still up to the player if he wants to move once we accept a bid. They’re not slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Can't see for a minute mcginn saying he isn't interested in offers down south. I'd also like to think he'd have more respect for hibs. Guess we'll find out
    Mcginn is is a total pro with massive respect for hibs! id be very surprised if hes actually said anything about leaving hibs to any1 other than family.he has already said he is totally relaxed about having another year at hibs.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Mcginn is is a total pro with massive respect for hibs! id be very surprised if hes actually said anything about leaving hibs to any1 other than family.he has already said he is totally relaxed about having another year at hibs.
    Allan said very much the same before Rangers saga fully kicked off and pretty sure he handed in a transfer request...just saying. We can't know what players will do. Scott Allan seems a decent enough bloke but he did that to try to force his way to his boyhood heroes. Not sure why McGinn couldn't do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Allan said very much the same before Rangers saga fully kicked off and pretty sure he handed in a transfer request...just saying. We can't know what players will do. Scott Allan seems a decent enough bloke but he did that to try to force his way to his boyhood heroes. Not sure why McGinn couldn't do the same.
    Sorry disagree with this. Scott Allan has a track record of doing things some perceive to be not cricket. Ask Dundee Utd fans. SJM doesn’t have said track record. I think it’s something that will eventually run it’s course

Apologies, more social media rumours going around tonight, but there’s a suggestion among some (NOT ME - I’VE NO GOT A CLUE!) that if there’s a situation where an acceptable fee is not reached by the end of this transfer window, that McGinn will sign a small extension to ensure that us and St Mirren don’t lose out through a pre-contact acquisition from another club come January

To me, this doesn’t really make sense, and seems like pie in the sky, wishful thinking, but it would be nice if it was true.

Thought I’d pass on in the event that there is a remnance of truth in it.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Apologies, more social media rumours going around tonight, but there’s a suggestion among some (NOT ME - I’VE NO GOT A CLUE!) that if there’s a situation where an acceptable fee is not reached by the end of this transfer window, that McGinn will sign a small extension to ensure that us and St Mirren don’t lose out through a pre-contact acquisition from another club come January

To me, this doesn’t really make sense, and seems like pie in the sky, wishful thinking, but it would be nice if it was true.

Craig Gordon did that before moving to Sunderland to get Hearts a bigger fee.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    Sorry disagree with this. Scott Allan has a track record of doing things some perceive to be not cricket. Ask Dundee Utd fans. SJM doesn’t have said track record. I think it’s something that will eventually run it’s course
    Can disagree, not a problem with that but McGinn could easily get a track record for doing the same as Scott Allan, we might be his “first”. We cannot underestimate the family pull he has and where his mind is at.I could quite easily see him ask to meet Leeann and Lennon to request to be sold as quick as possible to Celtic.

We don’t even know, this may already have happened. Fit by next weeks game or gone, at the moment my money is on he’s gone.

If a player like Lampard takes SJM aside and shows him round Derby and gets in his ear, he could easily want to sign for Derby. Lampard could improve John's playing career a lot.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Craig Gordon did that before moving to Sunderland to get Hearts a bigger fee.
    And himself bigger wages while he waits.

It's actually quite common - both Suarez and countinho did it at Liverpool I think

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post

Yes he would do that. He is that sort of person.

Hibs have always rolled over to celtics money. Every now and again well have a player who can do better than celtic. This is one of those occasions.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Hibs have always rolled over to celtics money. Every now and again well have a player who can do better than celtic. This is one of those occasions.
    We Didn't roll over to Celtics money with Steven Fletcher, but I get what you mean.

Most of the time, for successful Hibs players being sold, Celtic tend to be the only show in town and are most likely to offer the highest fee, even derisory amounts that they offered for McGinn.

I think Hibs have played this pretty well, holding off Celtic and now the papers are beginning to print interest from down south, whether there is interest or not, I don't know.

This may encourage Celtic to pay the fee that Hibs feel is worth selling McGinn for.