hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 54 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 1615
  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    sunny leith
    Age
    51
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not so sure about that. St mirren get their share plus unlikely to get someone as good with the money. I'd say unless the bid at least double plus Allan forget it. Sjm doesn't mind staying as its not affecting his Scotland chances and with mcgeoch away would make more sense not to sell him. IMHO of course. We are not in a financial position we need to sell.
    He would mind staying have no doubt about that.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Testimonial Due Hiberniankb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Jupiter
    Posts
    1,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best case scenario (realistically) for us I think is:-

    McGinn to smellies with Allan coming back and £2m cash of which £600k goes to St Mirren.

    Mallan confirmed as expected

    We spend £500k on Kamara.

    We spend £300k on MacLaren

    We bring back Barker on season long loan (maybe paying a little more than we did before to ensure he doesnít go elsewhere)

    With Slivka stepping up you could argue we will be well placed with players in long term deals as well.
    We arenít gonna spend 500k on a player

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lancashire
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best case scenario (realistically) for us I think is:-

    McGinn to smellies with Allan coming back and £2m cash of which £600k goes to St Mirren.

    Mallan confirmed as expected

    We spend £500k on Kamara.

    We spend £300k on MacLaren

    We bring back Barker on season long loan (maybe paying a little more than we did before to ensure he doesnít go elsewhere)

    With Slivka stepping up you could argue we will be well placed with players in long term deals as well.
    Fingers crossed for that to play out🤞

  5. #64
    Testimonial Due mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,294
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the club would be prepared to risk that unless a suitable bid comes in. When Leeann was asked about his value a couple of weeks ago she said that his value was on the pitch.

    We could bank a fee for McGinn which is less than we want or keep him and earn money through success on the pitch. Having the likes of him gives you a better chance of progressing in Europe, cups and finishing higher up the league.

    I absolutely think he will be sold. But Iím confident the club will get a better deal than many would expect and the thought of him running his contract down wonít be in their thinking too much.
    Unless nl has got a pretty good replacement I doubt we are in a rush to sell. I get the feeling nl is frustrated waiting for the transfer carousel to start. We have to get a proper bid for sjm before we can get the wheels in motion to replace him. At least the bid isn't a few days before the end of the transfer window.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Best case scenario (realistically) for us I think is:-

    McGinn to smellies with Allan coming back and £2m cash of which £600k goes to St Mirren.

    Mallan confirmed as expected

    We spend £500k on Kamara.

    We spend £300k on MacLaren

    We bring back Barker on season long loan (maybe paying a little more than we did before to ensure he doesnít go elsewhere)

    With Slivka stepping up you could argue we will be well placed with players in long term deals as well.
    I would accept £2m for SJM
    AN other club pay the 20% to St Mirren
    Hibs buy Scott Allan for £500k

    This leaves us some money for a couple of more players

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would accept £2m for SJM
    Celtc pay the 20% to St Mirren
    Hibs buy Scott Allan for £500k

    This leaves us some money for a couple of more players
    Thereís no chance Allan is worth 500k. Iíd laugh them out of the room if they wanted that for him.

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    57
    Posts
    2,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no chance Allan is worth 500k. Iíd laugh them out of the room if they wanted that for him.
    You donít think that a creative player like Scott Allan is worth £500k? wow!

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,121
    I've seen a lot of folk complaining that Celtic have just sold Armstrong for 7 million and are only bidding 1. 5 (opening bid) for McGinn but we're comparing apples and oranges here. 7 million, even 5 million is a huge outlay for Celtic and would be a large part of their budget, where as for Southampton it's pocket money.

    If it was Southampton offering 1.5 for McGinn they I'd be more aggrieved however thinking Celtic would pay anything north of 3 million is pretty unrealistic in my opinion. I sure we'll get the best deal we can for John. Let's not make this another barmy reason to berate the club when we're moving in the right direction after years of mediocrity.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You donít think that a creative player like Scott Allan is worth £500k? wow!
    Not just now no. Celtc have no intention of using him and heís in the last year of his deal.

  11. #70
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen a lot of folk complaining that Celtic have just sold Armstrong for 7 million and are only bidding 1. 5 (opening bid) for McGinn but we're comparing apples and oranges here. 7 million, even 5 million is a huge outlay for Celtic and would be a large part of their budget, where as for Southampton it's pocket money.

    If it was Southampton offering 1.5 for McGinn they I'd be more aggrieved however thinking Celtic would pay anything north of 3 million is pretty unrealistic in my opinion. I sure we'll get the best deal we can for John. Let's not make this another barmy reason to berate the club when we're moving in the right direction after years of mediocrity.
    They 4.2 for Scott Brown a few years back and are a lot richer now as a club with no competition from the Hun mob. Itís just greed and keeping their stash in case the Huns do mount a serious challenge.

  12. #71
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You donít think that a creative player like Scott Allan is worth £500k? wow!
    Allanís value is a strange one. If he signs for Hibs then his performances here are that of a multi million pound player. If he signs for anyone else then he nearly has no value at all on the evidence of how much of an impact he has had at every other club heís been at. Iíd probably allow him to be valued at about £500k for the purposes of the SJM transfer which is way more than any other club would value him at. If Celtic are claiming heís worth more than that then they can GTF.

  13. #72
    First Team Regular Sioux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've seen a lot of folk complaining that Celtic have just sold Armstrong for 7 million and are only bidding 1. 5 (opening bid) for McGinn but we're comparing apples and oranges here. 7 million, even 5 million is a huge outlay for Celtic and would be a large part of their budget, where as for Southampton it's pocket money.

    If it was Southampton offering 1.5 for McGinn they I'd be more aggrieved however thinking Celtic would pay anything north of 3 million is pretty unrealistic in my opinion. I sure we'll get the best deal we can for John. Let's not make this another barmy reason to berate the club when we're moving in the right direction after years of mediocrity.
    Good luck with that one.

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They 4.2 for Scott Brown a few years back and are a lot richer now as a club with no competition from the Hun mob. Itís just greed and keeping their stash in case the Huns do mount a serious challenge.
    What you call greed is just business same as we willbe doing with all our signings? Celtic may be many things but one thing they definitely are not is a charity to support other clubs by just chucking money at them unnecessarily. With Brown they had competition for his signature, for John that isn't the case currently. If other clubs were bidding I'm sure the opening price would be more than 1.5, which we've already knocked back.

  15. #74
    Testimonial Due Elephant Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thereís no chance Allan is worth 500k. Iíd laugh them out of the room if they wanted that for him.
    Out of interest, if asking for 500k for Allan would make you laugh, how much do you think we should ask for McGinn?

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of interest, if asking for 500k for Allan would make you laugh, how much do you think we should ask for McGinn?
    2/2.5m is what weíll deal at I think. McGinn is a key player for us. Allan is nothing to Celtc.

  17. #76
    Testimonial Due Elephant Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2/2.5m is what weíll deal at I think. McGinn is a key player for us. Allan is nothing to Celtc.
    There's a long transfer window to go, all it takes is for one other club to take an interest in Allan and then there's competition. How often Celtic plan to use him determines nothing about his transfer value if that happens. He's one of the best players in the league so I would be surprised if there are no enquiries

  18. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Out of interest, if asking for 500k for Allan would make you laugh, how much do you think we should ask for McGinn?
    £4.5 million for a future Celtic and Scotland captain sounds reasonable to me

  19. #78
    Testimonial Due Elephant Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £4.5 million for a future Celtic and Scotland captain sounds reasonable to me
    If Celtic are the only team interested then there's no way he's worth anything near that at the moment.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a long transfer window to go, all it takes is for one other club to take an interest in Allan and then there's competition. How often Celtic plan to use him determines nothing about his transfer value if that happens. He's one of the best players in the league so I would be surprised if there are no enquiries
    Heís only one of the best players in the league at Hibs though. Heís shown a few times now that he struggles everywhere he goes except Hibs which makes him tricky to value. His ability in a Hibs strip should make him way out our price range, but his ability in any other strip brings him back into it.

  21. #80
    Testimonial Due Elephant Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heís only one of the best players in the league at Hibs though. Heís shown a few times now that he struggles everywhere he goes except Hibs which makes him tricky to value. His ability in a Hibs strip should make him way out our price range, but his ability in any other strip brings him back into it.
    He's not had a chance at Celtic though, through no fault of his own. He'd be one of the best players in the league if he joined Rangers, Aberdeen or Hearts as well.

  22. #81
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Dead End St
    Posts
    3,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a long transfer window to go, all it takes is for one other club to take an interest in Allan and then there's competition. How often Celtic plan to use him determines nothing about his transfer value if that happens. He's one of the best players in the league so I would be surprised if there are no enquiries
    I would add a massive proviso here of Allan being one of the best Scottish players in his position in the League.

    Allan has tried and failed with a number of clubs down south. I would imagine he is in a position to decide where he goes next? If he doesn’t fancy failing again then he will choose Hibs. Celtic will want the best deal for him, but like Mc Ginn, the final year of the contract makes compromise essential.

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Lancashire
    Age
    47
    Posts
    2,448
    I keep reading on here the SJM is so keen to join Celtic, if thatís the case then our John should have a look on the KDS forum, it would seem that they arenít as keen on him as he is allegedly on them.
    Hopefully he will head south!

  24. #83

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heís only one of the best players in the league at Hibs though. Heís shown a few times now that he struggles everywhere he goes except Hibs which makes him tricky to value. His ability in a Hibs strip should make him way out our price range, but his ability in any other strip brings him back into it.
    Brilliant logic Callum! Are you Gareth Southgates WC campaign adviser by any chance?

  25. #84
    Director of Coaching
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    8,512
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2/2.5m is what weíll deal at I think. McGinn is a key player for us. Allan is nothing to Celtc.
    no chance.

  26. #85
    First Team Regular dirtydirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    34
    Posts
    855
    I could see us selling mcginn to Celtic for cash only so it keeps everything straightforward with the sell on clause etc but then getting first option on Allan. Basically the same type of deal when Allan signed for Celtic. We all assumed Dylan was part of the deal but when he wasnít, we conveniently made an offer a couple of weeks later and got him.

  27. #86
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Muirhouse
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtic trying to lowball another Scottish club with derisory transfer bid for the most exciting player up here, and one that is expected to take over the mantle of captain from Scott Brown.

    Celtic and Sevco are parasites. Would LOVE an English Prem club to come in with a £4+ M bid for John and either force Celtic to pay a fair price or lose out entirely. Would LOVE it.
    If the rumored bid of £1.5m was true, who in the right mind would then bid £4m+. Surely the next bid will be £1.8m, then £2m etc?


    A scary amount of pish being posted on here and social media with regards to this. There's a reason we're all on here and not in the Easter Road boardroom!

  28. #87
    Coaching Staff MWHIBBIES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Lothian
    Posts
    5,872
    Football club in trying to get best deal for them shocker. Why are people surprised. 12 months on his contract, he's worth what someone offers, not what we think he's worth.

  29. #88
    Testimonial Due Treadstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gorgie (Sorry)
    Posts
    2,779
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football club in trying to get best deal for them shocker. Why are people surprised. 12 months on his contract, he's worth what someone offers, not what we think he's worth.
    I think he's worth more to Hibs than Celtics' reported offer.

  30. #89
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Dead End St
    Posts
    3,060
    [QUOTE=underscore;5450835]no chance.[/QUOTE

    Care to say what you guess Hibs will take?

    I reckon 2 million will secure his transfer.

  31. #90
    I reckon 1.5 Million, if true, was just testing the water. If Celtic really are interested we'll get a bit more than that, maybe at a stretch 2.5. It depends on how often Celtic scouts were watching him I suppose, he wasn't particularly consistent last season but that's just my opinion.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved