hibs.net Messageboard

Page 50 of 80 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 2389
    @hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then we are going to need a second / third / fourth blink.

£2.5m plus Scott Allan and a loan (seemingly Biton or Johnston) is when the blink becomes the bank
    Pl seems to be getting put under a bit of pressure from his manager,team captain and now fans over getting mcginn in now . I would be amazed if a final bid which is much closer to hibs valuation is not made today

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Agreed. There’s an awful lot of daft stuff on this thread that should act as a warning to anyone wanting fan ownership!

Everything that folk are complaining about Celtic doing could equally be applied to Hibs when we try to sign players.

Should we pay over the odds for a player from a smaller club just cause we can afford to?!

It’s mental. Celtic are quite within their rights to offer what THEY feel McGinn is worth.

If they match our valuation they get their man. If they don’t then they don’t.

Why all the knashing of teeth? We’re in total control of the situation.
    Think thats a pretty crass way of looking at fan ownership and potentially discouraging folk from supporting the club via HSL.

Do you reckon every man and their dug will have a seat at the boardroom table? When fan ownership is attained I suspect it will be a bit different.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    Pl seems to be getting put under a bit of pressure from his manager,team captain and now fans over getting mcginn in now . I would be amazed if a final bid which is much closer to hibs valuation is not made today

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Think they need a centre half just now, more than a midfielder

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Last season McGinn had 43 appearances and scored 6 goals. Armstrong had 39 appearances and scored 4. The players are of similar age and McGinn has more international caps.
    I do agree that the 2 have very different styles and also agree that SJM is good enough to be a regular starter for them, like many however, I am growing more frustrated at the fact they're trying to sell us short.
    Pay up or move on.
    Didn’t realise that to be fair, I thought he was injured for quite a bit but obviously not. Think he scored about 15 the season before!

Your right though it’s getting a bit boring now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think they need a centre half just now, more than a midfielder
    The fans are reaching a state of unrest through there, though, specifically about the McGinn deal.

Even the manager and the captain are in the papers talking about it.

McGinn is a special player (as has been said many times before) but Lawwell is acting more like Dave King in his clumsy pursuit of SJM.

To borrow from the great Frank Drebin, Lawwell's in a tricky siutation, "...and like I said to the blind man on the nudist beach, you're going to have to feel your way carefully from here on"

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Think thats a pretty crass way of looking at fan ownership and potentially discouraging folk from supporting the club via HSL.

Do you reckon every man and their dug will have a seat at the boardroom table? When fan ownership is attained I suspect it will be a bit different.
    I don’t want to derail the thread but there’s a real danger that people will be elected to HSL in a similar vain to how the fans reps were elected - popularity rather than substance.

Over time the whole board of HSL could be made up of bampots who then get a seat on the board of Hibs. Anything can happen after that.

I’m not talking now or in a year or so, but his could happen 20 or 30 years down the line!!

I’m not looking to discourage folk from signing up to HSL but remember that there are plenty of us who absolutely do not want fan ownership.

Apologies agian, I know this doesn’t belong here so if you want to reply maybe PM me or start a new thread?

I don’t want to derail the thread but there’s a real danger that people will be elected to HSL in a similar vain to how the fans reps were elected - popularity rather than substance.

Over time the whole board of HSL could be made up of bampots who then get a seat on the board of Hibs. Anything can happen after that.

I’m not talking now or in a year or so, but his could happen 20 or 30 years down the line!!

I’m not looking to discourage folk from signing up to HSL but remember that there are plenty of us who absolutely do not want fan ownership.

Apologies agian, I know this doesn’t belong here so if you want to reply maybe PM me or start a new thread?
    But HSL only has one seat on the Hibs board just now(?) Max it will be two. The Governance structure of the Hibs board not the HSL board is what is ultimately important in terms of the running of the club.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Absolutely loads as people become disillusioned with the ridiculous money, expensive ticket prices and general lack of soul and character to their teams. IMO it will reach saturation point soon (i'm no sure i've got that phrase right, doesn't look correct, sure you know what i mean though) if it's not there already.

We are already seeing people coming back to Scottish Football in their droves, there's talk of Sky reducing their offer to English football in future deals so we just need to make sure we're doing the right things and ready to capitalise on any increased attention we are getting.
    You make some reasonable points, people may well be attracted back, but & it is a big but, without true competition in the league boredom will set in. The duopoly that has exsisted for so long at the top of our league is a mjor problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    You make some reasonable points, people may well be attracted back, but & it is a big but, without true competition in the league boredom will set in. The duopoly that has exsisted for so long at the top of our league is a mjor problem.
    Proper competition is the best thing that could happen to Scottish football and to get that we need to salary cap the league to pull Celtic back to the pack.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Proper competition is the best thing that could happen to Scottish football and to get that we need to salary cap the league to pull Celtic back to the pack.

Still think he'll be heading to England. Celtic's first two bids were well off his value and I can't see their third bid being enough of an improvement. I doubt either side will have the patience to go beyond that, plus I don't think I've even heard of a fourth bid happening in football.

First Team Breakthrough londonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Still think he'll be heading to England. Celtic's first two bids were well off his value and I can't see their third bid being enough of an improvement. I doubt either side will have the patience to go beyond that, plus I don't think I've even heard of a fourth bid happening in football.
    That would piss off a section of their support, at least on Kerrydale Street:
    'Neil Jung
    19 Jul 2018, 04:26 PM
    remy mcswain19 Jul 2018, 01:02 PM
    Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
    Just £4m? Typical biscuit tin mentality. I think we should through in an extra million as a tip just to show everybody else we're considerably richer than them.
    N really but we have the money and want the player...understand the best deal etc...but just pay it and move onto other ares of the team.

Manager wants him.
    Player wants to come.
    We have the money.

Thats the short of it.'

Fine by me

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

HSL can only have at most 26-30% of the club and one or two representatives on the Hibs board. The scenario you describe is not going to happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by londonhibby View Post
    That would piss off a section of their support, at least on Kerrydale Street:
    'Neil Jung
    19 Jul 2018, 04:26 PM
    remy mcswain19 Jul 2018, 01:02 PM
    Quoting limited to 3 levels deep
    Just £4m? Typical biscuit tin mentality. I think we should through in an extra million as a tip just to show everybody else we're considerably richer than them.
    N really but we have the money and want the player...understand the best deal etc...but just pay it and move onto other ares of the team.

Manager wants him.
    Player wants to come.
    We have the money.

Thats the short of it.'

Fine by me
    I’m sure Brenda will be cheesed off with Lawwell if they don’t get this over the line.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    But HSL only has one seat on the Hibs board just now(?) Max it will be two. The Governance structure of the Hibs board not the HSL board is what is ultimately important in terms of the running of the club.
    There is no official HSL representation on the Board just now.

However, 2 directors of Hibs, Stephen Dunn and Leeann, are on the HSL board.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    HSL can only have at most 26-30% of the club and one or two representatives on the Hibs board. The scenario you describe is not going to happen.
    10 years from now? 20? Who knows what the make up will be.

What’s to stop HSL changing their objective over time if it has new board members?

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    10 years from now? 20? Who knows what the make up will be.

What’s to stop HSL changing their objective over time if it has new board members?
    maybe you and the others who are also opposed to fan ownership should join then, and have your say on its future direction

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Of course its daft to suggest Rodgers is signing a player he doesnt want and do you know 100% that £2m is the figure quoted by either Hibs or Celtic or we guessing ??
    No I don't the figure is actually less than £2m. We have signed a host of players whom manager has not played over years all clubs do. I have not said BR 100% doesn't want him but I am not convinced he 100% wants him either.

With the CL money etc etc trying to sign SJM for the money they offered is like us signing Rherras. I think Celtic are more concerned he goes south and is a hit with them needing to pay a lot for him. I think BR has options in there that might mean he is on the bench more than would like.

If Scott Brown was not there or injured for a long time Celtic would have paid us the fee and he would be gone. I think he can replace Brown but Brown is not ready to be replaced that is the issue for BR.

Bump.Almost on page 3 -yesterday’s news!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I’m surprised Celtc haven’t come back in for him yet. Maybe they are waiting till after the English window closes to try and get him cheaper as they will definitely have no competition at that stage.

I just think theyve came in early. Theyre not ready to replace brown yet, so hell end up a bench warmer. If they want a deal, buy him at a decent price and loan to us until hes getting regular game time their side

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’m surprised Celtc haven’t come back in for him yet. Maybe they are waiting till after the English window closes to try and get him cheaper as they will definitely have no competition at that stage.
    No he wouldn’t be eligible to play for them in their qualifiers I’d expect that’s exactly what they’ll be waiting on. Don’t expect any further moves for him until after then, unless they’re forced to.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Togs91 View Post
    I just think theyve came in early. Theyre not ready to replace brown yet, so hell end up a bench warmer. If they want a deal, buy him at a decent price and loan to us until hes getting regular game time their side
    He does not play in the same position as Brown?

If Rogers persists in playing two upfront there'll be even less room in the midfield for McGinn.If Brown is a shoe-in that leaves Nitcham and McGregor to play in front of him with Rogic just off the front plus Forrest and Sinclair for the wide position.If he goes McGinn could be keeping Griffiths company.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    If Rogers persists in playing two upfront there'll be even less room in the midfield for McGinn.If Brown is a shoe-in that leaves Nitcham and McGregor to play in front of him with Rogic just off the front plus Forrest and Sinclair for the wide position.If he goes McGinn could be keeping Griffiths company.
    Probably
    Griffiths, what a waste!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Probably
    Griffiths, what a waste!
    Think Rogers doesn't trust Griffiths' fitness.It seems he's entering Dylan territory of an underlying issue affecting other muscles.

Blog Entries
    The muppets seem to think that if there is no other bid from Celtic, a calling card for January will be sent and that is the end of the story for now. I’d love it if a decent bid came in from England but I have my doubts now. A pre contract is on the cards but I can see Celtic trying to get him at bargain basement price by unsettling him and ‘taking an unhappy player off our hands’.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Think Rogers doesn't trust Griffiths' fitness.It seems he's entering Dylan territory of an underlying issue affecting other muscles.
    Is Griffiths frequently injured? I’d never really noticed. Always one of the good things about him at Hibs was that he was always fit.. apart from the Celtic cup final, just our luck!

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Is Griffiths frequently injured? I’d never really noticed. Always one of the good things about him at Hibs was that he was always fit.. apart from the Celtic cup final, just our luck!
    And that's what his underlying problem is -damage to his calf muscles.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    SJM is the only player in the Scottish premier to go toe to toe with Scott Brown last season and win...Celtic know this, so should pay the correct money for their captains most likely successor