hibs.net Messageboard

Page 39 of 80 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2389
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I said in March £2.5m plus Allan plus 1 more on loan. I still stand by that. All this posturing is a sham.
    Celtic’s opening bid was ‘close to’ £1.5m + no players if we get £2.5m + players the posturing won’t have been a sham it will have been a successful negotiating technique which has increased the fee offered to us by 70%.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Who are these English clubs I keep hearing about on here. Ive not seen one piece of concrete evidence to support this theory.

I don't think it is a case of keeping celtc onside. These are grown up business people at both clubs. Whether or not the McGinn deal goes ahead, celtc will do what is right for them regarding Scott Allan. Come to that Scott Allan and John McGinn will do what is right for them and no doubt Hibs will look after ourselves, getting the most we can for our player while paying the least we can for their player.

Our problem is that we see things from a fans viewpoint. We hate clubs for decades based on any mumber of percieved slights. Many of the people who run clubs simply don't think the way fans do

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I don't think it is a case of keeping celtc onside. These are grown up business people at both clubs. Whether or not the McGinn deal goes ahead, celtc will do what is right for them regarding Scott Allan. Come to that Scott Allan and John McGinn will do what is right for them and no doubt Hibs will look after ourselves, getting the most we can for our player while paying the least we can for their player.

Our problem is that we see things from a fans viewpoint. We hate clubs for decades based on any mumber of percieved slights. Many of the people who run clubs simply don't think the way fans do
    In LD I have complete confidence that our club will get the best deal if we sell SJM , in this transfer window.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    I ****ing hate celtic. They are parasites. Only a matter of time before the stories are in the record and sun about how we are holding SJM back from fulfilling his life long dream of playing for the team he has always loved. They're not quite as bad as Der hun but it will happen. Media and governing bodies in this country pander to two clubs to the detriment of all others

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Who are these English clubs I keep hearing about on here. Ive not seen one piece of concrete evidence to support this theory.
    Concrete evidence?

It’s a fans forum not a court room. What sort of evidence you after?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    F*** Celtic and who cares what they think. We do what’s right for us.
    Of course we do what’s right for us. But if selling to Celtic increases our chances of Scott Allan, who when he pulls on a Hibs strip is arguably more effective than McGinn, then selling to Celtic may well be exactly what’s right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Concrete evidence?

Come on Bingo you know better than that - writing FACT after anything on .net makes it stonewall proof.........

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    It's a good question and this is where it comes into fans views versus the folk running the club who should be thinking coldly and logically about our long term future.

What is crucial is how much we value and want Scott Allan and how we hard we think it would be to bring in an equivalent player of his ability. If a team from England offer us £3m but Celtic come in with £2.5m plus Scott Allan then we have a decision. Allan probably isn't worth £500k but can we find a better attacking midfielder to bring in? If not then the best way things for the club would be to sell to Celtic.

Also, I have no love for them but I don't see them spitting the dummy out if we accepted as higher offer from somewhere else. That'll happen all the time in football and won't stop teams doing business with each other. It's only folk like Newco that tend to to act in that fashion I suspect.
    IMO we won’t be able to get anyone as good as Allan is when he sticks a Hibs strip on. Infact I don’t think we’d even manage to get particularly close given our budget. If we’re going to lose McGinn then I hope he goes west as I’m certain we’d be getting an incredibly talented player, plus a good amount of money in return.

Unless Scott Allan is part of the deal I’m not that interested unless we are taking £3m+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Concrete evidence?

More than unfounded hopeful speculation from you for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Unless Scott Allan is part of the deal I’m not that interested unless we are taking £3m+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Scott Allan should be the first thing mentioned, even before money. Basically a “Scott Allan is coming back here or we can call it a day right now”.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    All very well but what about Scott Allan? I want that lad pulling the strings in our midfield
    Bid £100k for him and take it from there.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agreed. Scott Allan should be the first thing mentioned, even before money. Basically a “Scott Allan is coming back here or we can call it a day right now”.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    More than unfounded hopeful speculation from you for a start.
    It's posts that these that really show up the absence of a 'handbag' emoji. Do it, admins

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    If Allan doesn't sign for us then Celtc will have to pay him to warm the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    If Allan doesn't sign for us then Celtc will have to pay him to warm the bench.
    Or sell him to another club.......

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I don’t think that approach really strengthens our negotiating position.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Mmnn. Interpreting some of the posts we will take anything rather than nothing for SJM and also inform the sellers that one of their players better be in the deal thus weakening our position further. We'll end up paying them...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It's posts that these that really show up the absence of a 'handbag' emoji. Do it, admins
    Not sure how to interpret this to be honest.😁

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    If Allan has made it clear to Hibs he wants to be here then I agree offer a silly amount too and let the games begin.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The sun asking the big questions:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...s-league-hibs/

Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Newsrooms must be soul-destroying places to work these days.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    You never read 50 Shades?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    My wife tells me I don't need to read it. And if I disagree, she slaps me 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Isn’ t about time we had a debate on here about being cup tied?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    If Allan has made it clear to Hibs he wants to be here then I agree offer a silly amount too and let the games begin.
    £100k for a player Celtc don't want is hardly a silly offer.

I'd set the fee at the drop in Allan's wage when he moves here, which then covers the cost of Celtc paying him off. Eg if he's on £7k there and we pay £4k, the fee is £150k.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    £100k for a player Celtc don't want is hardly a silly offer.

I'd set the fee at the drop in Allan's wage when he moves here, which then covers the cost of Celtc paying him off. Eg if he's on £7k there and we pay £4k, the fee is £150k.
    I know. I was serious.

Blog Entries
    I reckon Celtic will sit tight for the moment and take a chance that there will be no bids from England. After that, the market is theirs and they will hope to get McGinn for a low price. Even if a bid from England comes in, they have room to ‘up’ their bid a little, throw in another player and of course factor in McGinn’s supposed desire to go West.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I reckon Celtic will sit tight for the moment and take a chance that there will be no bids from England. After that, the market is theirs and they will hope to get McGinn for a low price. Even if a bid from England comes in, they have room to ‘up’ their bid a little, throw in another player and of course factor in McGinn’s supposed desire to go West.
    Not so sure they've got that much time. I noticed that they had Allan and Christie on the bench for their champions league qualifier. I think it's pretty clear to all that Rodgers does not see them as making the grade for the first team, can you imagine the uproar if they fail to make the league stages whilst failing to adequately replace Armstrong quick enough....all in order to save them 500k to a million at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I understand your logic here Jim, but there is an additional complicating factor (for Celtic) which plays strongly in Hibs favour, and all of Brendan Rogers recent remarks hint at the fact he is well aware of this too...

...Celtic want to do their signings (as we do) to help with getting through qualifying rounds in Europe. That's where the real money is to be made.

Their board will be under all sorts of criticism if they have taken in £7m for Armstrong, then been seen to be very Dave King-esque in their shabby pursuit of John McGinn (frankly embarrassing on Celtic's part), AND then been pumped out of Europe, without signing McGinn.

In summary, Celtic don't have the luxury of waiting til 9 August.

They (and we) both got lucky with the Euro 1st round draws, where it hasn't been a deal-breaker.

If Celtic lose the first leg of their 2nd round Euro tie, it's suddenly showtime, different ball game.

Best for all parties to have clarity before Euro competitions 2nd qualifying rounds begin, in my opinion, and I can read that into Rogers recent remarks too.