hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    I said few weeks ago after listening to scott brown on radio scotland that mcginn was a certainty to end up at Celtic. It was clear Brown had been told that Celtic were going to sign him and just talked about how great a player he was, didn’t mention any other player in the interview which lasted about 20 minutes. Typical Celtic tactics.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Damn qpr have just bought him on my fifa 18 maybe thats a sign lol

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    St Mirren get a third of any deal so I would be looking to get 3 million, a sell on clause and then a player ... might go Christie over Allan then look to buy Allan for 200K with the funds we would get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7million for armstrong,

and they bid 1.5 for mcginn. both at same stage of contract.
    one playing for scotland the other a sub fir celtic and scotland,

hmm

1.5 mill plus Scott Allan and Ryan Christie!!! I'd take that

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by davym7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1.5 mill plus Scott Allan and Ryan Christie!!! I'd take that
    Who is saying this?

I'd honestly still push them to £2m at least.

Celtic are in a strong position here let’s be honest. Worst case scenario they sign him on a Pre contract in January. They have leverage over us knowing Allan will be part of a deal as they are happy for him to leave and we clearly want him. THey will use this as a bargaining chip and quite rightly so. They weren’t daft allowing Scott to come on loan to Hibs last season l this has always been likley this scenario.

If there is a bid, its a opening bid. Hibs won't accept first offer that comes.

Bidding clubs know that there is only a year left on the deal so we'll never get top dollar unless there is real interest in him from down south.

Actually think Celtic are under pressure to sign. They've signed one loan player from last season on a permanent deal. Lost Armstrong (£7m) and by all accounts Tierney (£25m) could go as well as that big dumpling of a centre half (£5m). That could see them three players down and effectively only one loan player resigned. Wouldn't be long before the Celtic Board would start coming under pressure from Celic Fans.

@hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Looks like Derby County are about to accept ~£11m for their star striker (off to Leeds apparently) - this will hopefully give them the funds to make an offer for SJM.

£2m plus Scott Allan seems like a reasonable deal IMO from the Smellies.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMAXXA View Post
    Celtic are in a strong position here let’s be honest. Worst case scenario they sign him on a Pre contract in January. They have leverage over us knowing Allan will be part of a deal as they are happy for him to leave and we clearly want him. THey will use this as a bargaining chip and quite rightly so. They weren’t daft allowing Scott to come on loan to Hibs last season l this has always been likley this scenario.
    If Celtic want him then "worst case scenario" for them is he joins someone else - lengthy contract + English team = big money to get him after that.

If Celtic want SJM they'll need to match our valuation or else he'll be playing for the greater greens next season.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Auckland Hibs View Post
    Looks like Derby County are about to accept ~£11m for their star striker (off to Leeds apparently) - this will hopefully give them the funds to make an offer for SJM.

£2m plus Scott Allan seems like a reasonable deal IMO from the Smellies.
    Seems the most sensible deal, between Lennons £5m valuation and Celtic's derisory £1.5

I’ve never seen the sum quoted by Celtic, but if it is 1.5 million, then nothing has changed with the thinking of the bigot brothers, put a derogatory bid in, unsettle the player and basically have no respect for any other team in the Premier, then still want to moan about not having the proper competition from other teams when they get bladdered in Europe.
    They sell McGregor for 7 million, who in my mind, is nowhere near as good as John and they know that, hence the reason they sold him and want to buy John.
    They are a total bunch of ***** with no scruples or respect, who do they think they are, they may be the top team in Scotland but that’s it in a nutshell.
    C’mon Hibs, you know what he’s worth, I trust the board on this one.

It's called an opening bid. Do people seriously think every club in the world doesn't do that?
    It simply provides a starting point for negotiations.

Pathetic bid. St Mirren would be due £450k of the £1.5m. They've just sold a lesser player for £7m. Ram it.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    After the working relationship we've built with Celtic over the last few years with regard to transfers, it's pretty disappointing for them to make an offer like that.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    It's called an opening bid. Do people seriously think every club in the world doesn't do that?
    It simply provides a starting point for negotiations.
    Yes - happens all the time. Any buyer will try to get the lowest purchase cost, whereas the seller wants to gain the maximum.

I'm sure Hibs will give a firm response back to the offer. It's now up to Celtic to decide if they want to increase it. We are now about to go through the "why are Hibs stopping a young Scotland's player meet his potential by not accepting the bid" period. Celtic just need to sit back and let the media do their dirty work, as they tried to do with Allan to The Rangers. The only time Hibs got a good deal in such situations was with Scott Brown and then Celtic were desperate to land him with The Rangers also sniffing around - also Brown had a lot more years left on his existing contract. It's going to have to take a third party to get involved before the price is going to increase much above what's currently been knocked back.

There becomes a point when Hibs will decide whether £2m to invest in new players, is better than having a John McGinn winding down his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    After the working relationship we've built with Celtic over the last few years with regard to transfers, it's pretty disappointing for them to make an offer like that.
    Not at all, it's strictly business and Rod Petrie has always done pretty well for us over the years. It will be just fine when a deal is finally agreed.....

my guess is we're due st mirren 33% of a fee up to a certain amount say 1 million.

My next guess is that agent cathro will be activated again and persuade wolves to bid highest

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Their directors are only in interested their club and trying to get the best deal for them. Our directors are the same. We will negotiate and a deal will be agreed at a higher level than the opening bid. This has nothing to do with working relationships, this is business.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    if they came in with £2m plus allan i think we would be daft to reject it, imo allan is a better player and we are never going to get top dollar for mcginn so could be a good deal for us

Celtic trying to lowball another Scottish club with derisory transfer bid for the most exciting player up here, and one that is expected to take over the mantle of captain from Scott Brown.

Celtic and Sevco are parasites. Would LOVE an English Prem club to come in with a £4+ M bid for John and either force Celtic to pay a fair price or lose out entirely. Would LOVE it.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Hibs should stick to their valuation and possibly allow him to leave under freedom of contract if it’s not met, because of the following.

SJM can help us achieve a run in Europe rather than going out first round.

Can help us achieve better results in the league, which means more fans attending games as wins and good results help fill the stadium. Which in turn help sell more merchandise.

Higher league placing more money from Placing at end of the season.

Cup runs more money and more fans through the gate for these games.

But this is the big one for me. If we sell for a derogatory offer or not our valuation then we are allowing other clubs to know that everytime they fancy our player cheaply all they have to do is chuck us a bone and we’ll roll over and allow them to tickle our belly.

I personally would rather see SJM at ER next season helping us into Europe again by either a cup run or league placing than sold for peanuts.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    For a quick sale 2m plus Scott Allan and Sparky 12 month loan.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    I’ve no doubt that McGinn will want to go to Celtc. We’ll take the cash for him (when a decent offer eventually comes in) and move on. There’s no way Hibs knock back decent money for him to keep him for one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Celtic trying to lowball another Scottish club with derisory transfer bid for the most exciting player up here, and one that is expected to take over the mantle of captain from Scott Brown.

Celtic and Sevco are parasites. Would LOVE an English Prem club to come in with a £4+ M bid for John and either force Celtic to pay a fair price or lose out entirely. Would LOVE it.
    We keep hearing about all those English clubs making big bids. Where are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    We keep hearing about all those English clubs making big bids. Where are they?
    Exactly mate. Hardly queuing up. Same in January when clubs are usually desperate to sign players. Celtic appear to be only club seriously interested and they know that. I think we’ll get £2m plus Allan

Best case scenario (realistically) for us I think is:-

McGinn to smellies with Allan coming back and £2m cash of which £600k goes to St Mirren.

Mallan confirmed as expected

We spend £500k on Kamara.

We spend £300k on MacLaren

We bring back Barker on season long loan (maybe paying a little more than we did before to ensure he doesn’t go elsewhere)

With Slivka stepping up you could argue we will be well placed with players in long term deals as well.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Best case scenario (realistically) for us I think is:-

McGinn to smellies with Allan coming back and £2m cash of which £600k goes to St Mirren.

Mallan confirmed as expected

We spend £500k on Kamara.

We spend £300k on MacLaren

We bring back Barker on season long loan (maybe paying a little more than we did before to ensure he doesn’t go elsewhere)

With Slivka stepping up you could argue we will be well placed with players in long term deals as well.
    We'd have to give StM their share of the SA valuation in that scenario.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I’ve no doubt that McGinn will want to go to Celtc. We’ll take the cash for him (when a decent offer eventually comes in) and move on. There’s no way Hibs knock back decent money for him to keep him for one season.
    Not so sure about that. St mirren get their share plus unlikely to get someone as good with the money. I'd say unless the bid at least double plus Allan forget it. Sjm doesn't mind staying as its not affecting his Scotland chances and with mcgeoch away would make more sense not to sell him. IMHO of course. We are not in a financial position we need to sell.

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    1.5m is brutal. What's the point of even bidding that?
    Because they are nothing but pikeys when it comes to paying for players.