hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Strange signing, not sure what to make of it. Not exactly jumping up & down with excitement. Oh well there's always tomorrow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Laidlaw was always signed as back up. I'm sure his wage will reflect that. He's rarely let us down when covering but last seasons semi final probably confirmed he isn't number 1 material for us.

With the return of the reserve league maybe we'll see Bogdan and Marciano battle for the gloves, Dabrowski, who there are high hopes for, go on loan and Laidlaw and Martin play in the reserves.

My instinct is a seasons loan is to give Dabrowski another year to develop and then he'll be promoted to the 1st team squad permanently with Laidlaw leaving at the end of his contract.

Surprising it's a season long loan unless rocky is out for longer than we first thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Strange signing, not sure what to make of it. Not exactly jumping up & down with excitement. Oh well there's always tomorrow.
    I know it's a bit underwhelming after waiting so long for news...

I don't have much confidence in Laidlaw in all honesty especially with cross balls. I've never seen this guy play before or certainly can't recall it so will wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    Not impressed with this one, every time I have seen him seems to flap at a few things and prone to a howler
    So, he is like every goalkeeper on the planet?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I think with Simon Murray's future at Hibs maybe in doubt, Lennon doesn't want to risk the squad's ginger ratio falling below a certain level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    To be fair he has before.
    And it didn’t turn out well.

For where he came from, Laidlaw has done ok. I just don’t think he’s at the level to really push and become number one.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Hasn't played in almost 2 years. Not sure how you can say it is a good signing. It's clearly cover for Marciano/Laidlaw.
    This season's Conrad Logan then, get him down the chippy preseason and we'll have another serious go at the Scottish cup.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    For me it's not a position we're screaming out for, the Marciano Laidlaw combo was fine for me.

Never been impressed on the handful of occasions I’ve seen Bogdan play but I trust Lennons judgement and the fact that he’s worked with him previously is a good sign

After a quick scroll through the internet...his base salary is quoted as being between £15k - £24k per week. The money in English football really is off the radar 🙄

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Liverpool have confirmed he's signed for us.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

It says in the article that he's been training with us for a few weeks so clearly we've seen a decent amount of him. I say it's a signing which makes sense. Not as exciting as a striker or midfielder but it gives us an international keeper for the europa games. No brainer.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Laidlaw is very average, and i'd be happy to see him leave with Rocky and Bogdan fighting it out for the gloves.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    A bit baffled by the surprise reaction of some. Isn’t Marciano out following surgery on a hand? Seems a sensible proposition, signing a keeper with Premiership experience.

It is interesting. This clearly pushes Laidlaw down the pecking order but I can't see either of Rocky or Bogdan playing second best. But who knows.

How did nobody notice him at training

Don't understand the confusion here by some. We need 3 keepers as we've not got one who has shown the ability to play every game consistently.

Laidlaw showed he isn't a number one. I like him but he let himself and the team down in that Semi and that's set him well back. Saying Marciano was dropped in advance of this is a bit of a myth as he had to miss the Celtic league game prior to this and Laidlaw done enough to hold the jersey while Rocky had been so so leading up to that.

An improvement on Laidlaw and some genuine competition for Rocky. All good in my book. Bogdan probably knows he has the gloves to begin as Rocky is out and they are his to keep or lose.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    So am I right that:

1. We're signing an international keeper

2. He's with the current Champions League runners up, where he's played first team football.

3. He was POTY at his previous club.

4. He is known and has played under our manager

Therefore, he's pony.

Have I got that right?

19 competitive games since 2009. Logan had more apps.
    Bogdan? He's played over 120 games since 2010/11?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    It is interesting. This clearly pushes Laidlaw down the pecking order but I can't see either of Rocky or Bogdan playing second best. But who knows.
    One of them will and Bogdan will start the season as number 1 so it's up to him to keep the gloves. If he plays well then Rocky will be our sub goalie until he gets his chance and IMO it's as simple as that.

I like Rocky, some of his saves were unreal last season but he's not undroppable and if we can find someone better within our price range then we should go for them.

Not sure where you are seeing this but I can only see 19.. got a link?
    His Wikipedia has him down as playing 41 league games for Bolton in one season?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    So am I right that:

1. We're signing an international keeper

2. He's with the current Champions League runners up, where he's played first team football.

3. He was POTY at his previous club.

4. He is known and has played under our manager

Therefore, he's pony.

Have I got that right?
    Not really, the vast majority of people on this thread are supportive of the signing and are trusting the manager.

Nobody on this page is really criticising the signing, maybe on the previous page there may have been one or two but it's the minority that are being critical.

Not sure where you are seeing this but I can only see 19.. got a link?
    He was Boltons POTY in 11/12 so he must have played a majority of ganes that season.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    His Wikipedia has him down as playing 41 league games for Bolton in one season?
    My apologies, I should learn to read things better

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He was Boltons POTY in 11/12 so he must have played a majority of ganes that season.
    He also spent a season at Wigan and played almost 20 times.

My apologies, I should learn to read things better
    Don't worry I almost doubted myself for a bit too tbh.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    He won Bolton’s playerof the year 2011-12. 120 games in total.

Played 16 League games for Wigan in 2016-17, before tearing his anterior cruciate ligament.

Good loan deal for us with Rocky having an injury. Some very odd reactions as per.