hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Not about smoking, but related because the person who died never worked with asbestos.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-44794165
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[QUOTE=calumhibee1;5449464]Banning it in the garden is probably a step too far, but banning it in the stairwell and houses isnít IMO. Itís not your house, youíre just renting it. The disgusting smell will linger in the house long after your gone if you allow smoking in it.[/QUOTE

I live in an owner occupied apartment block that is smoke free. So any residents who are "just renting" don't need to feel somewhat inferior to "owners" with or without mortgages

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    I deal with property rentals and (getting back on track for this thread) I'm waiting on contractors quoting for the replacement of all the carpets, total redecoration and on top of that the replacement of the white (now off white) goods in the kitchen and on top of all that a deep clean/polish of the double glazing hasn't come up to scratch, so for perfection, the double glazing now needs replacement.

It's gonna be a lot of money and they were heavy smokers to be fair but their deposit isn't gonna touch the sides so I can see why property owners may start to disallow smokers (as they do pets etc now)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

@hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I deal with property rentals and (getting back on track for this thread) I'm waiting on contractors quoting for the replacement of all the carpets, total redecoration and on top of that the replacement of the white (now off white) goods in the kitchen and on top of all that a deep clean/polish of the double glazing hasn't come up to scratch, so for perfection, the double glazing now needs replacement.

It's gonna be a lot of money and they were heavy smokers to be fair but their deposit isn't gonna touch the sides so I can see why property owners may start to disallow smokers (as they do pets etc now)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    The deposit will be a drop in the ocean compared to all that work id imagine. No wonder some landlords donít want smokers in their flats.