hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just doing the sums here, PB.

325 at £15 is £4,875. Presumably the club have sold the seats to HSL at £5 each?
    They did say, some paid a min of £15, so could be less than 325 in the draw

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    No VAT on air travel, but VAT on a bus trip, is that right?
    It's a bit more complicated than that. VAT is *****

The point I was trying to make is that if you ask people to contribute to a club, and there are things given in return, there will be VAT due on those contributions. We're doing it differently. We are giving to HSL, who then buy the service from the club. There may be VAT due on the price the club charge HSL, but nothing like the amount actually raised.

In this case, I think the club have charged HSL £10 for the 2 seats. That will be taxable, but not VAT-able, because (as you say), there's no VAT on flights. If it had been something like, say, hospitality, then VAT would be due.

To answer your question, though, there is generally no VAT due on travel. But, hire of a bus and (I think) a plane are VAT-able.

And you thought the Croatia game was boring.......

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

The point I was trying to make is that if you ask people to contribute to a club, and there are things given in return, there will be VAT due on those contributions. We're doing it differently. We are giving to HSL, who then buy the service from the club. There may be VAT due on the price the club charge HSL, but nothing like the amount actually raised.

In this case, I think the club have charged HSL £10 for the 2 seats. That will be taxable, but not VAT-able, because (as you say), there's no VAT on flights. If it had been something like, say, hospitality, then VAT would be due.

To answer your question, though, there is generally no VAT due on travel. But, hire of a bus and (I think) a plane are VAT-able.

Thanks, never boring. Even at my ripe old age, always wanting to listen and learn

We’re fortunate to have you on here😄

great work on the fund raising

cant believe I am watching the "long throw" to win chance to world cup semi.

HSL had no idea how it would go. None of us did. It could have been a loss-maker for all we knew.

Now that there has been a relatively successful trial, perhaps things can be done differently if we get to the next round.

Open to ideas ?

HSL

I put in more than £15 and I suspect others did too, so in theory that reduces the number in the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I put in more than £15 and I suspect others did too, so in theory that reduces the number in the draw.
    ... scrunches up fag-packet.....

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    Open to ideas ?

HSL
    The next time you could try something along the lines of £15 gets you one entry into the draw, £30 gets you 2 entries etc

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    The next time you could try something along the lines of £15 gets you one entry into the draw, £30 gets you 2 entries etc
    Great shout.

... scrunches up fag-packet.....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Did the club confirm that they were selling the seats to HSL (i.e. they weren't gifted?)
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Did the club confirm that they were selling the seats to HSL (i.e. they weren't gifted?)
    No they didn't.

I came to that conclusion, based on scribbles on my (now ripped-up) fag packet.

Billy
    There were s number of people who kindly donated more than the minimum.

HSL

No VAT on air travel, but VAT on a bus trip, is that right?
    Dont hold yir breath but in Holland they are about to start taxing flights, 7 euro on short flights inside europe, 22 euro for middle distance and 40 euro on long haul flights, bassas.

Ringothedog
    Certainly worth a thought.
    Are you sure this would address the concerns that you have ? We had some folks who donated £225. Had there been only two donators, you with your £30 and one other donator with £225 , under the system we used you would have had a 1/2 chance of winning. The alternative would have given you a 2/17 chance.
    In reality we were simply trying to raise funds and have a little fun along they way. We do want to keep developing ideas and we are most grateful if people could keep putting forward suggestions. There isn't really a right and wrong answer but we do want to come up with things that are appealing and as we said a little fun.

HSL

@hibs.net private member
    Ringothedog
    Are you sure this would address the concerns that you have ? We had some folks who donated £225. Had there been only two donators, you with your £30 and one other donator with £225 , under the system we used you would have had a 1/2 chance of winning. The alternative would have given you a 2/17 chance.
    In reality we were simply trying to raise funds and have a little fun along they way. We do want to keep developing ideas and we are most grateful if people could keep putting forward suggestions. There isn't really a right and wrong answer but we do want to come up with things that are appealing and as we said a little fun.

HSL
    Right, enough chat, let's get this draw done! 🇳🇬🛩

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Right, enough chat, let's get this draw done! 🇳🇬🛩
    Agreed...I've got a holiday request to put in

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Ringothedog

HSL
    I have no concerns I was just coming up with more ways to entice fans to part with their hard earned cash 👍

@hibs.net private member LALthehibeeGAL's Avatar
    On hindsight I think that's a great idea. It would have helped raise even more money as people would have "had a few goes"

Lal