hibs.net Messageboard

Steve Earl Programmes - a name known to you in the world of collectors?

Interesting article/video on BBC website today for all you programme collectors out there.
    Doesn’t say but wonder how much the business is worth?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-44656118

2. Log in to remove the advert

Thanks for sharing.
    I recall the name yes.
    Difficult to tell how much business is worth of course. I’d guess a very high percentage of value will be in a very small number of issues and that a very high percentage of programmes are worth very little.
    Guess he’s selling off valuable items one by one & rest may go to remaining dealers at minimal price.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Steve Earl, Bungay, Suffolk is something hat has stuck with me since I was a nipper.
    He used to send you a catalogue of things to drool over in exchange for an SAE.

End of an era but if he's not well, I hope he makes a lot of money to retire with.

Yes I remember Steve Earl programmes well, as he advertised every week in Shoot and/or Match.

i think you got a bundle of programmes free first time which was great to a young collector and I used to buy (or get my Dad to) British teams in Europe ties from him as I collected these at the time. Think he was more at the volume end of the market rather than much rare stuff, but good memories, I might even have an old catalogue of his somewhere.

It's nice to see that he seems to have made a living from it for a long time.