hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Piers Morgan

Smug, arrogant prick who loves the sound of his own voice.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly this.

Its quite amazing how many Scottish people seem to watch TV they despise, read newspapers they despise with Daily Record and The Sun being the best examples and follow the careers of politicians often English they obviously despise with a vengeance.

There are a multitude of news and entertainment channels out there all fighting for attention and worthy of consideration.

Is there something in the Scottish character that feels the need to whine, criticise and complain but do exactly nothing about it.
    You can add "The Media", commentators and pundits to the list.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Exactly this.

Its quite amazing how many Scottish people seem to watch TV they despise, read newspapers they despise with Daily Record and The Sun being the best examples and follow the careers of politicians often English they obviously despise with a vengeance.

There are a multitude of news and entertainment channels out there all fighting for attention and worthy of consideration.

Is there something in the Scottish character that feels the need to whine, criticise and complain but do exactly nothing about it.

I don’t think it’s as simple as choosing your own media - this just leads to echo chambers, as seen in USA particularly where Fox News viewers are told every day that Trump is doing a wonderful job.

Societies need a media that is broadly trusted by a large majority of the population, where different opinions can be heard and challenged.

This is a real problem for democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    I wish i was there Mick,we couid have had a wee barny with them m8

Aye,and we might have ended up sharing a room B&B with en suite in Torphichen Street
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 30-06-2018 at 02:22 PM.

The 2 presenters I've always disliked are Morgan and Richard Madeley, particularly after his anti-Scottish comments at the time of the referendum, the main difference is that Madeley presents afternoon dross that nobody watches but Morgan seems to be able to get away with his sensationalist drivel on prime time tv. Male equivalent of Katie Hopkins.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    The 2 presenters I've always disliked are Morgan and Richard Madeley, particularly after his anti-Scottish comments at the time of the referendum, the main difference is that Madeley presents afternoon dross that nobody watches but Morgan seems to be able to get away with his sensationalist drivel on prime time tv. Male equivalent of Katie Hopkins.
    Ones got a fanny and one is

Exactly this.

It's only Scottish people who identify when an absolute bell-end has just been on tv?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I refuse to acknowledge him, don't follow him on twitter or watch his shows. Like Katie Hopkins, they succeed by creating a controversy, and they're despicible people. It's thoroughly depressing that ***ts like that make a living out of being disgusting.

I will just ignore them, I don't mind discussing them on a forum like this that they'll never look at and probably never know about, but I would hate to think that their views held any validity or occupied any of my time. They're amongst the lowest of the low, IMHO.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    I don’t think it’s as simple as choosing your own media - this just leads to echo chambers, as seen in USA particularly where Fox News viewers are told every day that Trump is doing a wonderful job.

Societies need a media that is broadly trusted by a large majority of the population, where different opinions can be heard and challenged.

This is a real problem for democracy.
    The American people do not need Fox news to judge Trumps effectiveness. The 4.5GDP. The lowest black and Hispanic unemployment on record, the rollback of the restrictive regulations, the jobs created, the tax cuts, the first real time wage increase for millions of workers at the lower end of the wage ladder. The NK meeting. An incredible first 18 months, given that he has to combat the 'echo chamber' of MSM and CNN/MSNBC and the swamp rats in the Republican party.

You obviously know very little about the media in America. Fox News has more Never Trumpers than pro Trumpers, Wallace, Cavuto, Smith, Baier immediately spring to mind. 74% of Americans think mainstream news publish fake news. This includes 54% Democrats. Now all polls can be 'guided' but it is very rare for any poll to give Trump any credit. And as for CNN? MSNBC? I don't even consider them fake news......just fake. CNN just fell behind the Food Network in the Nielsen ratings. The MSM and CNN/MSNBC are no less than a wing of the Democratic party.

If you are going to comment on America I suggest you do some homework and not just listen to one sided media coverage which you think is a concern. Would like to know your sources for American news and politics.

Trump is doing more than a 'wonderful' job and it is only going to get better. Hopefully next to go.....the child traffickers and the pedos.

You do not have a clue about what is going on in the background here. Indeed, not even in the foreground by the sounds of it.

Trump-Pence 2020.

WWG1WGA

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Tit of a man! He made the cardinal error of publicly slagging off my burd weathergirl Carol Kirkwood.

Some set of sookers on her by the way!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Some set of sookers on her by the way!
    Hey? RESPECT! That’s ma burd your talking about!

P.S.

You are spot on. Please don’t tell my Mrs.Fair brightens up ma morning everyday.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    The American people do not need Fox news to judge Trumps effectiveness. The 4.5GDP. The lowest black and Hispanic unemployment on record, the rollback of the restrictive regulations, the jobs created, the tax cuts, the first real time wage increase for millions of workers at the lower end of the wage ladder. The NK meeting. An incredible first 18 months, given that he has to combat the 'echo chamber' of MSM and CNN/MSNBC and the swamp rats in the Republican party.

You obviously know very little about the media in America. Fox News has more Never Trumpers than pro Trumpers, Wallace, Cavuto, Smith, Baier immediately spring to mind. 74% of Americans think mainstream news publish fake news. This includes 54% Democrats. Now all polls can be 'guided' but it is very rare for any poll to give Trump any credit. And as for CNN? MSNBC? I don't even consider them fake news......just fake. CNN just fell behind the Food Network in the Nielsen ratings. The MSM and CNN/MSNBC are no less than a wing of the Democratic party.

If you are going to comment on America I suggest you do some homework and not just listen to one sided media coverage which you think is a concern. Would like to know your sources for American news and politics.

Trump is doing more than a 'wonderful' job and it is only going to get better. Hopefully next to go.....the child traffickers and the pedos.

You do not have a clue about what is going on in the background here. Indeed, not even in the foreground by the sounds of it.

Trump-Pence 2020.

WWG1WGA
    Dont know much about the media - just know Trumps an absolute pwick.

I'm normally very firmly in the 'post whatever you like' camp, but I freely admit to being irked seeing this loathsome creature's name not only on a football forum, but a Hibs one. Admins, do please remove to the Holy Ground, where I won't have to even look at that name when I come on here.