hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    So assuming we will continue to sell season tickets for next 4-5 weeks (some people buy after first game), I would expect us to sell another 3-400 and possibly 5-600 if we start signing some players!!

14k max looks achieveable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I notice a couple of people have forecast us selling more STs than Hearts. I'd be very surprised if that happened.

Not meaning to put a dampener on what has been another fantastic ST sale, I just think people are maybe underestimating the resiliency of your average Yam.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I notice a couple of people have forecast us selling more STs than Hearts. I'd be very surprised if that happened.

Not meaning to put a dampener on what has been another fantastic ST sale, I just think people are maybe underestimating the resiliency of your average Yam.
    Think we’re currently a bit ahead of them. I’m sure I saw that they had just passed 12.5k in the last week or so. But I might have imagined that.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar

I think it's highly possible to outsell them if we got our transfer targets in earlier. Not always possible but a team who've signed a full new squad of players should find it easier to sell ST's than a team that's signed 3.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I think it's highly possible to outsell them if we got our transfer targets in earlier. Not always possible but a team who've signed a full new squad of players should find it easier to sell ST's than a team that's signed 3.
    Why? If we had to sign a full new squad of players this summer it would suggest to me were were an absolute shambles and have me worried about the upcoming season.

I'd be very surprised if we didn't outsell them. Fair play to them if we don't.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar

Really not ment to be funny here but can i ask why you think this ?

In all honesty who cares if we outsell them or not, the only measure we should really care about is comparisons to our own past sales and in that regard what's been happening last season and now this one is nothing short of a minor miracle. Besides, I doubt if there's more than 200,000 Hibs fans on the planet, how can we hope to compete with 400,000 Yams

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Imagine getting told 4/5 years ago that'd in a preseason where we've only signed one player, we would reach this number of season tickets. Great effort, hope we can push onto 14k.
    One? Kamberi, Mallan and Bogdan......

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Does anyone here decide whether or not to buy a ST based on when we sign players??

I’ve read this a lot on here but it’s always folk talking about what others might do, not themselves.

Can’t say my decision is based on who we sign or when!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Does anyone here decide whether or not to buy a ST based on when we sign players??

I’ve read this a lot on here but it’s always folk talking about what others might do, not themselves.

I doubt anyone who has had season tickets through the Butcher era etc bothers about recruitment but there will be some who will just need an extra nudge to take them from Pay at the Gate to season ticket holders. We need to get as many off the fence, over it and into the ground as season ticket holders as possible. New signings can only help that particularly after losing Dylan and the press about McGinn.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

My decision is based on the fact that renewing is just a habitual thing I do every season, I'm sure there are plenty more who do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    I doubt anyone who has had season tickets through the Butcher era etc bothers about recruitment but there will be some who will just need an extra nudge to take them from Pay at the Gate to season ticket holders. We need to get as many off the fence, over it and into the ground as season ticket holders as possible. New signings can only help that particularly after losing Dylan and the press about McGinn.
    This is kinda my point though.

You’re talking about other folk here right? Not yourself?

I’ve yet to hear anyone say it for themselves!

Anyone here waiting for a signing before buying a ST? Anyone know of anyone waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    My decision is based on the fact that renewing is just a habitual thing I do every season, I'm sure there are plenty more who do the same.

It's would be simply wrong not to renew in all honesty 😉

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    In all honesty who cares if we outsell them or not, the only measure we should really care about is comparisons to our own past sales and in that regard what's been happening last season and now this one is nothing short of a minor miracle. Besides, I doubt if there's more than 200,000 Hibs fans on the planet, how can we hope to compete with 400,000 Yams
    Spot on, not remotely interested if we sell more than Hearts, they probably do have a bigger fan base but just makes our present dominance all the more enjoyable- they positively hate it 😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Really not ment to be funny here but can i ask why you think this ?

Hi Andy. No offence taken, it's a reasonable question.

My reasoning is that they've been selling pretty high numbers for a few of years now (therefore it's become a habit for many of them) and, if I haven't got my numbers wrong, I think they sold over 14k last year. That's a bit higher than our record sales.

I actually think the sudden challenge from Hibs might even motivate a few of them that are currently swithering to actually buy STs, possibly to outdo us.

p.s. I've got my West Stand ST for the upcoming season and would love to see us sell over 14k this year.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 16-07-2018 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Think we’re currently a bit ahead of them. I’m sure I saw that they had just passed 12.5k in the last week or so. But I might have imagined that.
    We have sold approx. 13,300 season tickets so far and our pink chums are sitting at approx. 12,750
    Suzy already has enough money to buy over a 100 ST's for Kicks for kids and that is climbing each day.
    Once these are purchased we won't be a kick in the arse off 13,500!!! and heading for 14,000 before the season starts.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    We have sold approx. 13,300 season tickets so far and our pink chums are sitting at approx. 12,750
    Suzy already has enough money to buy over a 100 ST's for Kicks for kids and that is climbing each day.
    Once these are purchased we won't be a kick in the arse off 13,500!!! and heading for 14,000 before the season starts.
    The kicks for kids tickets have already been purchased.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Don’t think they have .

See post no 58 from Susan It may be she has purchased them by now in which case we must nearly be at 13 500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have a feeling they will sell more tickets, its a mental thing, they cant have us selling more tix, even if some of them have decided not to go back after all the eye bleeding fitba last year, they just cant have us selling more.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Hi Andy. No offence taken, it's a reasonable question.

My reasoning is that they've been selling pretty high numbers for a few of years now (therefore it's become a habit for many of them) and, if I haven't got my numbers wrong, I think they sold over 14k last year. That's a bit higher than our record sales.

I actually think the sudden challenge from Hibs might even motivate a few of them that are currently swithering to actually buy STs, possibly to outdo us.

p.s. I've got my West Stand ST for the upcoming season and would love to see us sell over 14k this year.

Fair doos mate

I was done when we were relegated and convinced I wouldn't be back.

The signing of Scott Allan was a statement of intent that got me back. I knew Hibs meant business again at that point.

We were coming off a succession of woeful transfer windows but that one started to feel different at that point.

I've had a season ticket for 20 years now and a few times have finished the previous season not convinced I'd be back. My renewal time (and reasons behind that timing) have been very varied over the years.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    It's would be simply wrong not to renew in all honesty 😉
    Yup, I tell my wife every year I’ll spend more time with my family.... and then I renew and spend it with my family lol 😂

^^ I remember thinking the same when we signed Stokes the first time round, and Liam Millar.

I hadn’t had a ST for a good few years but got one then thinking it was the start of something brilliant.

Finally we were investing in the team etc etc....

Just took a bit longer than I expected!!!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    May have been answered earlier but do we know how many have to still renew?

signing George Best tripled our crowds....................

Well yeah, I’m sure if we’d just signed Ronaldo a few more would’ve turned up last week! That kinda goes without saying no?

Not so sure the same applies to Horgan

They haven't yet I'm waiting till I can go into the ticket office and say "150 Kicks for Kids season tickets, please"

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    signing George Best tripled our crowds....................
    Yeh but for how long?