hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Germany are out

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been to both countries and actually have experienced friendliness..........and, yes, discrimination!. You will note in particular that I said "On the whole"
    No nation is devoid of it's racists and stereotypes. My own country, Scotland, is, on the whole, anti-English, and this anti-English sentiment raises it's head at every World Cup or game involving England. For me to root for Germany or Argentina ahead of England is anathema..having a military background and having stood side by side with my fellow Brits from London, Cardiff, Belfast and Glasgow.
    Valid point but discrimination is everywhere. I lived abroad and largely had to mix with english who either hated scots or thought nothing of all calling you sweaty or sock to your face. It's a shame we buy into divides given to us by media.I like to see England lose yet if they win I have some England friends I'm happy for

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    [/I][/B]
    Just as too many of my fellow Scots will never stop being bitter towards the English!
    As a Hibernian fan and a Scotsman who believes in us being part of the UK I applaud your honesty and courage in giving your frank opinion. We would get on far better as a nation with sections of the braveheart highlander mentality becoming much more tolerant, putting the past behind us and engage fully as partners with the rest of the UK.

Scotland will never move on as a country if living in the dark ages albeit there's some who see individual profit in keeping us within it.

Mon Scottish Labour!

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post
    As a Hibernian fan and a Scotsman who believes in us being part of the UK I applaud your honesty and courage in giving your frank opinion. We would get on far better as a nation with sections of the braveheart highlander mentality becoming much more tolerant, putting the past behind us and engage fully as partners with the rest of the UK.

Scotland will never move on as a country if living in the dark ages albeit there's some who see individual profit in keeping us within it.

Mon Scottish Labour!

In your opinion. Loaded post.Many English people hold as anti scottish views. I believe in respect both ways

Mon Scottish Labour!

Thank you.
    I sometimes wonder why I raise my head above the ramparts knowing that I'm likely to receive a hail of anti-English arrows from a swathe of my fellow Scots.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    In your opinion. Loaded post.Many English people hold as anti scottish views. I believe in respect both ways
    This is very true and I respect this opinion but we have to look beyond both supremacist flag waving bearers and look to building bridges not burning them. There's been much give recently from all sides apart from the 'Snp' who would impoverish us and not care because of their highlander attitudes.

We're sensible outward looking lowlanders here in Edinburgh, a city of Adam Smith and other such intellectuals.

Mon Scottish Labour!

Left by mutual consent!
    Thank you.
    I sometimes wonder why I raise my head above the ramparts knowing that I'm likely to receive a hail of anti-English arrows from a swathe of my fellow Scots.
    As a nation we can do so much more with open minds not closed ones as is the way with some.

Edinburgh is an outward looking city of intellect and responsible capitalism.

We should be looking outward not inward as is the case with the supremacist saltire waving disability and transgender hating Snp Gillian Martin's of the world.

Glory Glory

Mon Scottish Labour!

Thank you.

The divide of people is sold by media. We have a unique union open to question of fairness equality.

[QUOTE=lgnsh70;5447830]This is very true and I respect this opinion but we have to look beyond both supremacist flag waving bearers and look to building bridges not burning them. There's been much give recently from all sides apart from the 'Snp' who would impoverish us and not care because of their highlander attitudes.

We're sensible outward looking lowlanders here in Edinburgh, a city of Adam Smith and other such intellectuals.

Mon Scottish Labour!

Impoverish is a strong word I would say . You respect opinions but you believe yours is right.
    I'm glad never known nothing

Left by mutual consent!
    [QUOTE=pacorosssco;5447836]
    This is very true and I respect this opinion but we have to look beyond both supremacist flag waving bearers and look to building bridges not burning them. There's been much give recently from all sides apart from the 'Snp' who would impoverish us and not care because of their highlander attitudes.

Mon Scottish Labour!

Impoverish is a strong word I would say . You respect opinions but you believe yours is right.
    I'm glad never known nothing
    Of course I believe I'm right or left of center as the case may be with Scottish Labour.

I respect what you say, you're polite and trying to say something in absence of being a smart alec even if it does contradict entirely my own beliefs.

Mon Scottish Labour!

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    As a nation we can do so much more with open minds not closed ones as is the way with some.

Edinburgh is an outward looking city of intellect and responsible capitalism.

We should be looking outward not inward as is the case with the supremacist saltire waving disability and transgender hating Snp Gillian Martin's of the world.

Glory Glory

Mon Scottish Labour!

So is your mind an open or a closed one?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    So is your mind an open or a closed one?
    Did you read all of the post or just choose to select a part of it and ask a very silly question?

Mon Scottish Labour!

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Did you read all of the post or just choose to select a part of it and ask a very silly question?

Mon Scottish Labour!

I highlighted the part I was curious about.

Why is it a very silly question? You seem fairly entrenched in your own views, which I would consider to be symptomatic of a closed mind?

But I could be completely wrong....

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Admins as this is no longer about the Germans going out of the world cup and has become a party political broadcast can we move this thread to the holy ground?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Thank you.
    It’s called pleasuring yourself and the only anti-English arrows are in your over stimulated, yet narrow minded imagination.

Thread has become a farce, well done.

This one looks to have run it’s course. Thread closed
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.