hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 98 of 98
  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The unfortunate side of it. There was a video of the Armadale incident and there was a lady giving commentary and she was enjoying it, it was like she was getting a sense of euphoria from it.
    That sounds horrible!


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    35,404
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Elem3nt17 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That sounds horrible!
    Armadale's a dump.
    http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/ - Read my blog "So A Season Starts.. " - Updated TODAY 03/08/15

  4. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Armadale's a dump.
    That is a very Trump like statement.

  5. #94
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    40
    Posts
    35,404
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a very Trump like statement.

    Aye right, Trump's never been to Armadale, never set foot outside East Whitburn, so...

    It was a joke, to be honest. The idea that out of the quoted post that was referred to as sounding horrible was the person being in Armadale was meant to be funny...


    I'll get my coat.

  6. #95
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,710
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a very Trump like statement.
    Sad!

  7. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sad!
    :(

  8. #97
    Without making any excuses for these sicko peadophiles, I cant help but get the feeling there’s something very dark and eerie regarding the individuals in these hunting groups. They dedicate there lives pretending to be young teenage girls while engaging in chats of an adult nature, I really find that very unnerving if I’m being honest

    I seen one on social media only a few days ago where they had arranged to meet a beast, the commotion caused obviously reached the manager and he came out and asked what was going on. The man I presume who was holding the camera said to the store manager “I’ll dae whitiver the **** I want” his sidekick then told him “don’t tell us what to do little boy, **** off”

    There was one at Glasgow Buchanan Street Station where they cornered the guy, from my interpretation of the law nobody can physically stop you from moving unless you have been arrested by the law. The guy tried to run away and the woman grabbed him then they claimed that he pushed her into a door. They had been told by the station security they couldn’t restrain the peadophile

    As we’ve seen with the Tommy Robinson hysteria lately, it’s been well documented that this sort of thing could see any pending or potential case being dropped due to claims of an unfair trial

    As has been said previously some of the hunters sound as though they are getting their rocks off by doing this

    Obviously, each peadophile that gets caught is a good thing but I certainly wouldn’t trust any of these vigilantes around any my kids

    Just my opinion

  9. #98
    Coaching Staff 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    8,603
    Quote Originally Posted by barcahibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mentioned it on here before I think but I work with kids aged from toddlers through to teenagers. I'm one of the very, very few men working in this area, and part of the reason for that is the hysteria over "peados".

    I work with kids with 'issues', kids who are vulnerable, kids with behavioural problems and mental health issues. Kids who society is failing.

    Of course sexual abuse happens, of course every effort should be made to stamp it out. It's kind of hard to make my point without trivialising sexual abuse and I don't want to do that. I have worked with teenagers and adults who have suffered sexual abuse. It's horrific when it happens.

    But there's so much more going on.

    I can give you a hundred stories of neglect, disinterest, mental and emotional abuse for every case of peadophilia. And it's just as damaging - but I bet some the mums and dads I'm thinking about would be the first one's in the mob screaming out about peados.

    But society doen't give a damm about emotional neglect. Its a parent's right to bring their child up however they please.

    I've met schoolkids who can barely speak to you, their confidence is so low. Sometimes mum has spent the last 16 years telling them they're worthless, sometimes dad has been hitting them, sometimes its the other way about. A huge part of my job working with teenagers is teaching them basics. How to shake someone's hand. How to look them in the eye when you talk to them. How to talk to someone you don't know, or someone in authority. How to value themselves. Basic stuff that no one has ever taught them because no one has ever cared.

    Often they are bullied, they come to school hungry or dirty or smelly because no one cares about them at home. Often they bully other kids because they don't know any better.

    A 16 year old girl told me she'd never have a job because she was useless so what's the point in coming to school? I asked her (stupidly, she caught me on a bad day) what her mum would think of her saying things like that and she told me her mum told her that all the time. Her mums advice to her was to ditch school, get herself pregnant and get on benefits as quickly as possible.

    I recently ran a series of events designed to allow absent fathers to spend fun, quality time with their children. Some of them (the majority of them) had an amazing time. But then there were the dads who had to be practically forced to turn up. Who came late or didn't come at all, leaving child on its own, wondering where their dad was. The worst ones are the kids who aren't even that obviously bothered. They just expect to be let down.

    There was the one dad who, halfway through an outdoor session physically carried a screaming four year old, over to me, and said loudly "you need to sort this, "it's" shat itself." The kid was screaming out that it hadn't (by the way one of the few times I've heard that particular child speak out loud in a group).

    He then stalked away and had a fag while I tried to calm the child down with reassuring words (I can't physically touch the child). Thankfully the female support worker - who has different safeguarding rules from me - was able to quickly come and take over. He hadn't 'shat' himself incidentally, he'd wet the training pants he was wearing.

    Another typical story. I'm running an event for mums and kids with emotional issues. One wee 8 year old boy spent the whole two hours trying to hold my hand. Nothing worked, we tried distracting him, giving him things to carry, giving me things to carry, coming up with games he needed his hands for, me keeping my hands in my pockets, sending him for errands - whatever we tried he was back after a couple of minutes trying to hold my hand.

    I'm not allowed to hold his hand. Because there might be peados out there.

    The likelihood is that I'm the only male role-model in that kids life at the moment but rules is rules. So we had to write a risk assessment for him and next time we're going to have an extra female member of staff along who'll be tasked with keeping him away from me. Eventually if that doesn't work we'll have to try explaining to him that he's not allowed to touch me. That won't cause any emotional damage I'm sure.

    On another session I made the mistake of sitting down while chatting to the group as they had something to eat. A little girl came over, sat on my knee and asked me if I would like to share her orange. I've worked with this group for a while and it's the first time, to my knowledge, that she has ever gone more than a few steps away from her mum, and the first time she's spoken out loud in front of the group (normally she whispers into her mum's ear and gets her to repeat whatever she wants to say).

    But of course I'm not allowed to touch a child because of all the peados so I had to stand up and move away (which I did as delicately as I could). Luckily I won't be working with that group again, but I still had to fill in a safeguarding form afterwards describing the incident.

    This happens literally every week.

    And literally every week I'll meet another child who's scarred by their parent's or societies' disinterest in their welfare - as long as paedos aren't involved.

    To be honest, I don't have to work with kids, I could easily fill my time working with adults only, I generally end up working with kids because I'm doing a favour to other staff members who are chronically under-resourced. It's got to the stage now where I actively try to avoid it. I'm constantly told I'm good at it and I should do more but it's soul destroying.

    And it's scary. I'm only one mistake, one false accusation, one misconstrued accident, away from a situation where that mob might be at my door. And judging by the number of other men I see working with children, I'm not the only one making that decision.
    Thanks for posting that, it sounds like you have a very tough but rewarding job and make a great role model for children who haven't had the best starts in life so good on you!

    It's totally true though, especially for men, that your frightened to do anything totally innocent as like you say it only takes one false accusation and that's your life in tatters. It's a real shame as men like yourself are good people trying to help.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved