hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dylan

Just met Dylan in Newcastle station, really lovely man, his wife was going back to Scotland, very, very positive about Hibs, said he loved it at Easter Road. He is enjoying at Sunderland and has settled in well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Good to hear, would love to see him do well. Cracking player, and a cup winning legend as well.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just met Dylan in Newcastle station, really lovely man, his wife was going back to Scotland, very, very positive about Hibs, said he loved it at Easter Road. He is enjoying at Sunderland and has settled in well.
    Its good for the money...but bad career choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    Its good for the money...but bad career choice.
    Disagree completely. The guy has decided to take a new challenge in what is a relatively short career. Every chance they will go up this season so would be playing in Championship and I've not seen many criticise SJM for playing there. Then (potentially one step away from EPL).

Aside from that I'm not sure how earning more money at a bigger club can be seen as a bad career move?

I would have loved him to stay but can see the attraction of his move.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    Disagree completely. The guy has decided to take a new challenge in what is a relatively short career. Every chance they will go up this season so would be playing in Championship and I've not seen many criticise SJM for playing there. Then (potentially one step away from EPL).

Aside from that I'm not sure how earning more money at a bigger club can be seen as a bad career move?

While I don't agree with all the above, I would say that:
    * I am just so pleased he did not go to Rangers, or Celtic, or Aberdeen (which might have been hardest of all to stomach)
    * Dylan is a cup-winning legend and I always saw him as the most talented of last season's golden trio in midfield
    * He will be welcome back at Easter Road any time

I remember a quote from the Sun's Kenny Millar last season in the 2-0 derby

"21 players came to Easter Road tonight to play an Edinburgh Derby. Dylan McGeouch came here tonight to play football"

What a player, a Rolls Royce

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post

I did say its good for the money!
    However,going to the third tier of football to sit on the bench...isnt exactly a good career choice.
    Career would be about developing and improving yourself surely?

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Early days, but is Milligan an upgrade on McGeough? Would McGeough get back into the current midfield? I’m not sure, Mallan is a match winner, Milligan looks the real deal, and Hyndnan plays further forward than McGeough.

Would still love for him to come back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    While I don't agree with all the above, I would say that:
    * I am just so pleased he did not go to Rangers, or Celtic, or Aberdeen (which might have been hardest of all to stomach)
    * Dylan is a cup-winning legend and I always saw him as the most talented of last season's golden trio in midfield
    * He will be welcome back at Easter Road any time

I remember a quote from the Sun's Kenny Millar last season in the 2-0 derby

"21 players came to Easter Road tonight to play an Edinburgh Derby. Dylan McGeouch came here tonight to play football"

What a player, a Rolls Royce
    Fantastic quote to sum him up as a player in general. What a player he was in his time at Hibs. I hope he gets what he wants from his career.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Fortunately for most red blooded males (and perhaps some females) she is only his girlfriend currently lol.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Early days, but is Milligan an upgrade on McGeough? Would McGeough get back into the current midfield? I’m not sure, Mallan is a match winner, Milligan looks the real deal, and Hyndnan plays further forward than McGeough.

Would still love for him to come back though.
    He could definitely play in mallans position with Stevie pushing forward a bit

But you've got a point, not sure I'd drop Milligan for him tbh

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Fortunately for most red blooded males (and perhaps some females) she is only his girlfriend currently lol.....
    She’s absolutely gorgeous. Fella did well!
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    He could definitely play in mallans position with Stevie pushing forward a bit

But you've got a point, not sure I'd drop Milligan for him tbh

Well you certainly wouldn't get the goal return from him that you get from Mallan.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Well you certainly wouldn't get the goal return from him that you get from Mallan.
    Yeah I was saying we could play Mallan further forward to accommodate Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Yeah I was saying we could play Mallan further forward to accommodate Dylan
    Mallan gets goals while playing deepish.Who would drop out further forward to accommodate another deep player who doesn't get goals?It's all about balance isn't it.I certainly wouldn't leave anyone out of the current team to bring Dylan in.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Mallan gets goals while playing deepish.Who would drop out further forward to accommodate another deep player who doesn't get goals?It's all about balance isn't it.I certainly wouldn't leave anyone out of the current team to bring Dylan in.
    IMO Dylan has the ability to contribute more to the attack is he is played further forward than his deep-lying playmaker role (as shown in the cup semi vs Aberdeen and in the games when McGinn was suspended last season)

Bit of a pointless discussion in any case as we won't be seeing him back any time soon

Coaching Staff
    Love Dylan as a player, I did always question his injury record, however this season already (after 8 games) we are 4 points better off, have scored 5 more goals, and conceded 6 goals less - that would suggest a far better balance and purpose from midfield in particular. I think, strangely enough, we are stronger in midfield especially with the inclusion of Milligan. The added goals from Mallan has been much needed and hugely impressive and I also think Horgan has been a tremendous signing. At the weekend, from the bench, he was as hungry as McGinn was at wanting the ball and driving forward. Signs are good so far As good as Dylan is, he didn't add creativity or goals as much as the current midfield does. No doubting he is a class player though.

There are goals in every area of the side which is very encouraging. Porteous has also been a revelation at the back - he was my man of the match at the weekend, great young talent and a player way beyond his years.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

And eleven of them only played hoofball.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    And eleven of them only played hoofball.
    True!

In my opinion the midfield that we had for the second part of last season (McGeough,McGinn and Allan) is better than our current midfield. That's not a slight on the current players as they are doing well but those 3 on their day were exceptional and all worked brilliantly together.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    In my opinion the midfield that we had for the second part of last season (McGeough,McGinn and Allan) is better than our current midfield. That's not a slight on the current players as they are doing well but those 3 on their day were exceptional and all worked brilliantly together.
    I think on current form that's correct but let's see if we're saying the same thing at the end of the season. If our current midfield keeps improving then they could be something very special.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Love Dylan as a player, I did always question his injury record, however this season already (after 8 games) we are 4 points better off, have scored 5 more goals, and conceded 6 goals less - that would suggest a far better balance and purpose from midfield in particular. I think, strangely enough, we are stronger in midfield especially with the inclusion of Milligan. The added goals from Mallan has been much needed and hugely impressive and I also think Horgan has been a tremendous signing. At the weekend, from the bench, he was as hungry as McGinn was at wanting the ball and driving forward. Signs are good so far As good as Dylan is, he didn't add creativity or goals as much as the current midfield does. No doubting he is a class player though.

There are goals in every area of the side which is very encouraging. Porteous has also been a revelation at the back - he was my man of the match at the weekend, great young talent and a player way beyond his years.

Last season’s slow start was disappointing and not due to Dylan - more that our defence was leaking goals and our star striker had missed most of pre season.

Not surprisingly, with so many new players we’ve taken a while to settle but luckily results have been a lot better - Mallan’s goals have been a huge help in that.

Our new look midfield is performing better by the week and Milligan looks good but I’d take Dylan back in a heartbeat. Great player.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Last season’s slow start was disappointing and not due to Dylan - more that our defence was leaking goals and our star striker had missed most of pre season.

Not surprisingly, with so many new players we’ve taken a while to settle but luckily results have been a lot better - Mallan’s goals have been a huge help in that.

Our new look midfield is performing better by the week and Milligan looks good but I’d take Dylan back in a heartbeat. Great player.
    At the start of last season (and throughout much of his time with us under Lennon) Dylan wasn't even considered to be an automatic first pick.

I remember him going on as a sub against (?) Livi in the league cup, playing brilliantly and changing a game we were toiling in.

From then on he played every week, stayed fit and proved to everyone exactly how good he is.

Then b'ggered off.

I'd also take him back in a heartbeat. Cracking player.