hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you know he’s still under contract.If he was he would be required to be at training unless Hibs gave him permission to go to speak to Sunderland .
    http://www.skysports.com/amp/footbal...nderland-talks

2. Log in to remove the advert

Time to move on he isn’t a Hibs player time to concentrate on players who are at the club.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    As good as Dylan can be he's no irreplaceable, take away the offer and move on, he's had enough time to make up his mind, if he wanted to be here he'd have signed the deal right away.
    I agree. He should shecht or get off the pot. If he still hasn't made up his mind then Hibs should do it for him and put a time limit on the offer, say Monday. The Hibs Express is leaving the station. We can't wait for indecisive passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    I agree. He should shecht or get off the pot. If he still hasn't made up his mind then Hibs should do it for him and put a time limit on the offer, say Monday. The Hibs Express is leaving the station. We can't wait for indecisive passengers.
    Was exactly same last time, took an age to agree deal and sign. Don’t expect he’ll be saying the usual “it’s the only place I wanted to play” whoever he signs with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Today’s News has a headline describing him as out of contract and then in the article has it expiring at the end of the month.Obviously can’t be both.I think they just make it up anyway

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Today’s News has a headline describing him as out of contract and then in the article has it expiring at the end of the month.Obviously can’t be both.I think they just make it up anyway
    And saying has had positive signing talks with Sunderland.

Quote Originally Posted by Cod Boy View Post
    Time to move on he isn’t a Hibs player time to concentrate on players who are at the club.
    Yes have to agree with you. Time to ditch him. Very Sad that no respect is paid to Hibs for his long period of injury. When Hibs nurtured him back to fitness. To allow him to extol his virtues at ER only for him to profiteer and us to lose out. The very least he could have done is sign a one year extension. For Hibs to at least recoup. Good player but they come and go.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foritza View Post
    Yes have to agree with you. Time to ditch him. Very Sad that no respect is paid to Hibs for his long period of injury. When Hibs nurtured him back to fitness. To allow him to extol his virtues at ER only for him to profiteer and us to lose out. The very least he could have done is sign a one year extension. For Hibs to at least recoup. Good player but they come and go.
    Profiteer?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Profiteer?

Choux pastry with cream inside?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Choux pastry with cream inside?
    That's a dreadful description of Dylan, even if he is injury-prone

Profiteer?

Well don't know what you don't understand, but Dylan M is going to make a fortune and not any coming back to Hibs after we looked after him. Are you ok to accept this ? . If you want to respond to a post please give some factual input.

Well don't know what you don't understand, but Dylan M is going to make a fortune and not any coming back to Hibs after we looked after him. Are you ok to accept this ? . If you want to respond to a post please give some factual input.
    Profiteering is making excessive or unfair profit from something. I'm not sure DM is doing that. If the reports on here about the offer from Sunderland are correct, he's hardly making "a fortune."

First Team Breakthrough
    Much rather he went to England than a rival team like the Old Firm or Aberdeen tbh

Profiteering is making excessive or unfair profit from something. I'm not sure DM is doing that. If the reports on here about the offer from Sunderland are correct, he's hardly making "a fortune."

I respect your reply .I am only concerned about Hibs. if he signs for Sunderland or anyone else we won't make any money for a player we committed unlimited resource without return.. That's my problem

Interesting to see how the red carpets been rolled out for Dylan in regards to trying to persuade him to stay. When last summer Fraser Fyvie wanted to have a wee think and was ultimately told he waited too long.

I respect your reply .I am only concerned about Hibs. if he signs for Sunderland or anyone else we won't make any money for a player we committed unlimited resource without return.. That's my problem

I get where you're coming from, I think we paid a fee for him when he moved here and as his bosses we were under contract to help aid any injuries he had, I too would like to see players every now and then think of the club and fans and give a little back. Garry O'Connor signed a small extension when he heard the Russian team were after him as it meant we got a better deal from them, Murphy gave his signing on fee to the Hibs Youth players and I'm pretty sure Whittaker did the same when he moved to Rangers.

A small 1 year extension and a £400-500K fee would have been a nice wee thank you to Hibs and the fans but unfortunately not all players have that sense of awareness and pride to do such a thing.

i would phrase it more that we invested in Dylan and he won the Scottish Cup

it sparked what even Alex Ferguson described as the most unforgettable celebration the sport has seen.

and he did it playing the game on the deck.

most players came to play a cup final. dylan came to play football....

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    All the hallmarks of a tragic love story this one.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Interesting to see how the red carpets been rolled out for Dylan in regards to trying to persuade him to stay. When last summer Fraser Fyvie wanted to have a wee think and was ultimately told he waited too long.
    Probably indicative of there respected abilities

No surprise to me that we are doing everything to keep Dylan - and we absolutely should be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the slight difference in ability may have something to do with that...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We invested in Dylan and he repaid us by being a member of the side that won us the cup, what price do you put on that?

We are also after players who have not signed yet, some we will sign and others will go elsewhere. Dylan falls into this category now, like any other free agent we may be after.

If it takes us time to get the right players, then so be it. The manager will know when he wants his players in, and will have a cut off point in mind on EVERY player he's after.

If Dylan does not sign by then, then Lennon will make other signings. Of course he cant wait forever, but he will have a much better idea on how likely he is to come back, and if he should look at others.

We know bugger all about whats happening here, and as usual, moaning about it wont make the slightest difference.

Unlimited resources? That's a bit of an exaggeration.

As is "without return". We got a couple of excellent seasons from him, with all the benefits that brought us.

Very few clubs get a "return" on players in the way you suggest. That's just the way things are.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    If we have to replace him we should be looking at someone with a name that is easier to spell than Dillon MacGeogh, eh...Dylen McGeoff, eh... Dilan Mageuch, eh.....yon guy who wore the no. 10 shirt.

Are you ok to accept this?
    What do you mean by not accepting?
    What if Dylan's form was poor or he was injured again. Would the club give him another contract ? Likely not.
    As much as we love our team this is guys lives we are talking about . He gave his all, helped get us promoted and won the big cup..plus top 4 finish.
    Good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    this is guys lives we are talking about .
    Good luck to him
    More like their careers, for which they get more than enough money. Would signing an extra year at the end of last season have have hurt him or his career?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Hibees View Post
    Are you ok to accept this?
    What do you mean by not accepting?
    What if Dylan's form was poor or he was injured again. Would the club give him another contract ? Likely not.
    As much as we love our team this is guys lives we are talking about . He gave his all, helped get us promoted and won the big cup..plus top 4 finish.
    Good luck to him
    ok, but has he made his mind up/ he off ? canny have much mair ' o' this can we? he has had a great time at Hibernian fc, been nurtutured all the time during his injury period, and yet he has played brilliantly in important games without actually scoring a goal. time to let him go . imho

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We invested in Dylan and he repaid us by being a member of the side that won us the cup, what price do you put on that?

We are also after players who have not signed yet, some we will sign and others will go elsewhere. Dylan falls into this category now, like any other free agent we may be after.

If it takes us time to get the right players, then so be it. The manager will know when he wants his players in, and will have a cut off point in mind on EVERY player he's after.

If Dylan does not sign by then, then Lennon will make other signings. Of course he cant wait forever, but he will have a much better idea on how likely he is to come back, and if he should look at others.

We know bugger all about whats happening here, and as usual, moaning about it wont make the slightest difference.
    quite right, but he in himself did not win us the Scottish Cup did he? his performance that day was not exactly a "stand out ". they were all heroes, but I could mention half a dizen before him that won it.

He owes Hibs nothing and Hibs owe him nothing. Great player and I really don't get this bed wetting about letting him go. Better to chase the sure thing, the guy we know does exactly what we're looking for if there is any chance we can get him rather than risk a signing to replace. It's looking like we will have to replace him but you never know.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    quite right, but he in himself did not win us the Scottish Cup did he? his performance that day was not exactly a "stand out ". they were all heroes, but I could mention half a dizen before him that won it.
    I never said he won us the cup on his own, but he was part of the squad that won us it. They are all heroes and as i said above, you cant put a price on what they all achieved.

My point was of course we've invested in him over his contract, but he's payed us back 10 fold with one game.

Dylan is a much better footballer.