hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dylan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone actually find these constant puns funny? Forum a bit of a farce at the moment, every second thread hijacked by cringeworthy puns.
    For the most part, yes. Some might say this place is a farce just now with folk ranting on about puns. Chill out! If you’re scouring this forum for ‘serious’ stuff, it’s so few and far between, that you’ll probably find none. It’s certainly not buried among puns.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Wanted him to stay but looks like we are a last resort. Happy for him to leave if that’s the case. Sure Lennon can find a suitable replacement.
    Agree...would.have loved him to stay but if we are his last resort it's best he moves on...with our best wishes of course as a cup winning legend.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Was there any truth that he failed the Sunderland medical or is that internet rubbish?

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Was there any truth that he failed the Sunderland medical or is that internet rubbish?
    He's only started talks with them today , be unusual to have the medical before any form of talks even started

First Team Regular
    Journalist on Football League World saying its not all about finance ... he’s saying Aberdeen offering him best package .

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    Journalist on Football League World saying its not all about finance ... he’s saying Aberdeen offering him best package .
    SSN earlier today said the new Sunderland owners had uncovered "unexpected" costs of £10 million and were seeking "short-term" loans to cover them.

Sunderland have been badly mismanaged in the last few years and I would hope Dylan (along with his agent) takes this into account before putting pen to paper.

In addition, any lenders may put covenants on loans which make it harder for Sunderland to sign players.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Really hoping Dylan doesn't choose to go to Aberdeen over us. Would be very poor.

Hes not likely to last a full season anyway....i give it 2 months and he will be sidelined with a groin strain or something then when he hardly plays any games for them he will be linked with a return to us

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Wanted him to stay but looks like we are a last resort. Happy for him to leave if that’s the case. Sure Lennon can find a suitable replacement.

No need to act like a spurned lover.

Dylan has had a good contract offer but if he can earn a lot more money down South then he goes with my best wishes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Hes not likely to last a full season anyway....i give it 2 months and he will be sidelined with a groin strain or something then when he hardly plays any games for them he will be linked with a return to us
    I hope your tongue is firmly lodged in your cheek with that comment. Hibs have been really good for and to him ( and he’s been good for us ) but we’re not a charity. He’s making a new bed to lie on and if it doesn’t work out for him, tough.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlydelivery View Post
    I think this Journalist must be on Acid.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Really hoping Dylan doesn't choose to go to Aberdeen over us. Would be very poor.
    Agreed losing out on a player to a club like them would suck

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    It doesn't necessarily follow that we would want or need to sign a Dylan replacement.

At a basic level, it's a man down so we probably need a man in to keep the squad buoyant.

What's more important is how NL wants us to shape up and play next season.

Dylan does a particular job very well. If we can't keep him then yes, we can try and find someone to do that job.

The other option is to change our play and style, which means we don't need a like-for-like replacement.

It comes back to that age-old argument about whether you fit players into a system because you believe in that system or whether you build your system around the players you've got.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I hope your tongue is firmly lodged in your cheek with that comment. Hibs have been really good for and to him ( and he’s been good for us ) but we’re not a charity. He’s making a new bed to lie on and if it doesn’t work out for him, tough.
    I’d still take him back in a heartbeat. I couldn’t care if he’s tried his luck again down south. He’s a brilliant player and if we could ever get him back Hibs i’d Hope would at least try.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    Does anyone actually find these constant puns funny? Forum a bit of a farce at the moment, every second thread hijacked by cringeworthy puns.
    Nope. Hibs.net is almost becoming unreadable due to the same group of posters ruining any half decent thread.

Absolutely shan patter.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYHIBBY View Post
    Without wanting to tempt fate, Dylan looks to be beyond whatever it was that was curtailing his games. Plus, some folk made a lot more out of it than was justified - he usually played long spells for us at a time. And he managed to come back from injury to play six games in twenty days, culminating in us winning the Scottish Cup.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I’d still take him back in a heartbeat. I couldn’t care if he’s tried his luck again down south. He’s a brilliant player and if we could ever get him back Hibs i’d Hope would at least try.
    C’mon now, doormat, I mean Cat. Pride and standards must be upheld. Nobody’s irreplaceable.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Yup. Don’t care who he’s spoken to or how long he’s taken, we will pretty much certainly not replace him with as good or better so I’d take him back in a second.

C’mon now, doormat, I mean Cat. Pride and standards must be upheld. Nobody’s irreplaceable.
    😁 He can drive past ER with a I hate Hibs sign I’d still take him!

Coaching Staff
    Have to say Jim, I'm inclined to agree with some of what CH says regarding Dylan and his injury record. I was very open in my view that some of his injuries I thought were in his head, or should I say exacerbated in his head at times - I'm not saying for one minute he wasn't injured at times, just that he maybe took an easy way out at times. I think Lennon went on record saying this also. I also think that playing 46 League One games, FA and League Cup games and potentially Internationals will not be good for him as I don't think he has the overall stamina and resilience to last a full season down there in that particular league and with a club that needs instant promotion - they will be every sides 'giant kill'.

He's a very very fine player, of course I would love to keep him, but I think a combination of Lennon speaking to him last season and expecting more, and being in his final year, saw us get a lot more from Dylan last season. Like CH says, will be very interesting to see if he pushes himself or indeed whether Jack Ross can drive Dylan on to better himself and play regularly. I still think Hibs are the best option for Dylan for another 2 seasons. I wish him the very best wherever he goes but bizarrely enough I'm far more bothered about losing SJM who I think offers us much more in the middle. I'd love us to add some height and drive into the midfield as I feel if we get Scott Allan we are getting a 'better version' of Dylan in him, and the midfield could do with some real braun (if that makes sense). I remember Lennon enquiring about Kouassi from Celtic, someone of that ilk would compliment the players like Allan, Mallan and Slivka.

@hibs.net private member
    SSN reporting that he is coming back to train with us.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Unless he's signing for us again then I don't see why we'd have that to be honest

@hibs.net private member
    Unless he's signing for us again then I don't see why we'd have that to be honest
    Agreed! Seems strange that he's not signed for anyone. I'm going to say that maybe the chat that he's failing medicals is true.

best news since Flo was unveiled

get back to Hibs and sign up Dylan fella!

Coaching Staff
    Strange if true.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Why not?

As long as we still have even the smallest of chances of signing him we should be doing all we can to persuade him. Refusing him training facilities would almost certainly blow our chances out the water.

He's still technically a Hibs player for now.

Why burn bridges.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Because the plane Disneyland in Sunderland. Ask a daffy question get a daffy answer.
    Daffy was Warner bros!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post

Why burn bridges.
    No he isnt.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post

Why burn bridges.
    His contact has expired so don't think we can say he's a Hibs player. Right now he's unattached