hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Zing Travel in Great Junction Street are apparently looking at a charter to Faroes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    map here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/201...ound-opponent/

Zanti flights showing for £80 return but no idea how to get from there to football ground. There is an airport nearby called Kalamata International (KLX) but only flights from London, Birmingham and Manchester and they are expensive and on latter 2 a Saturday only.
    Be around £120 from Zante to Athens. You could fly back single Athens to any UK airport

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Has anyone any idea what the ticket arrangements will be like for the Greece away game? Easy to get or will we all have to sit in a phone que for 3 hours? Never had the pleasure of following us away in Europe so this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging by the size of the stand allocated to away fans tickets will not be a problem. See here. https://footballtripper.com/theodoro...oli/#Away_Fans

Quote Originally Posted by H18 SFR View Post
    Zing Travel in Great Junction Street are apparently looking at a charter to Faroes.

Let us know if you hear anything.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Let us know if you hear anything.
    Will do.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Posted this on the draw thread – I don't think the Athens–Tripoli train that some mentioned runs anymore.

Seen a few people mention a Hellenic Railways train from Athens to Tripoli. As far as I can see this train no longer exists – the Hellenic Railways site (https://tickets.trainose.gr/dromologia/) doesn't have Tripoli as a destination, and Wiki (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripol...Transportation) says trains on that route stopped in 2010.

The transport options I can see are hiring a car or getting the bus (takes about 3 hours, runs hourly).

I'll be on the bus.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Poster HI8SRY is a ERCoM TA member, maybe he can find out about a charter flight?

If a charter is that price to Faroes Island and back then count me in.

I think the big money chat is coming from Brondby away which was £750 travelling with the team and 1 night in a B+B, if its anything like that for the Faroes then forget it.
    There's no way the TA charter I'm speaking of was anything like that money. Nothing close.
    Ronnie will know.

I never took the Athens charter for example. Anyone recall the damage there? (Albeit it was early in the current century)

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Posted this on the draw thread – I don't think the Athens–Tripoli train that some mentioned runs anymore.

I looked as well and it seems like the train service finished when the country collapsed financially a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    There's no way the TA charter I'm speaking of was anything like that money. Nothing close.
    Ronnie will know.

I never took the Athens charter for example. Anyone recall the damage there? (Albeit it was early in the current century)

I didn't but I'm sure it was £500

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Judging by the size of the stand allocated to away fans tickets will not be a problem. See here. https://footballtripper.com/theodoro...oli/#Away_Fans
    1,665 seats in the away end according to your link, I’ll be able to keep a seat free beside me for my Souvlaki and Ouzo.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    1,665 seats in the away end according to your link, I’ll be able to keep a seat free beside me for my Souvlaki and Ouzo.

, plenty room for everyone plus their carryout.

Is anyone potentially travelling from crete? Ill be there for 2 weeks during the tie and looking into this now. It looks difficult for being relatively close

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    I didn't but I'm sure it was £500
    I got a week in Aegina, flights and Athens / Piraeus / Aegina transfers by bus and boat for that. I didn't even lay that out for Dnipro via Kiev. Let's see what others come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Good thread, especially interested if anyone has any creative ways to make Faroes without it costing a stupid amount. Would be happy to do some daft travelling to keep the cost down
    Vlad could have made a killing.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I got a week in Aegina, flights and Athens / Piraeus / Aegina transfers by bus and boat for that. I didn't even lay that out for Dnipro via Kiev. Let's see what others come up with.
    We were most likely on the same trip - Saturday to Saturday from Manchester? Will be good to finally get to see Hisb play in Greece (hopefully!)

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Faroe Islands are a swine to get to unless flying, which can be very pricey. I said similar in another thread but the Noronna (Smyril Line) only sails now from Hirtshals in Northern Denmark. Used to call at Scrabster then Lerwick but not done for some years. It's a beautiful boat but takes about 36 hours, which is a very long time in the North Atlantic swell if the sea is rough. If you do go stay for a few days if you can and get out to some of the isles - don't just stay in Torshavn. Kunoy, Kalsoy and Vidoy are particularly stunning. Public bus service is good but best to hire a car. Prices are pretty brutal for everything though fuel is a little cheaper than here. Most prices are like Norway plus another 10% or so for island costs. But it's an amazingly beautiful place with cracking people and culturally very vibrant. I've been three times and would love to go again. They're absolutely passionate about their football. There are very few pubs and be warned - public drunkenness is strongly frowned on - maybe just as well given the price of a pint! Hotels are very dear but self catering is better though you're unlikely to get one for anything less than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Is anyone potentially travelling from crete? Ill be there for 2 weeks during the tie and looking into this now. It looks difficult for being relatively close
    I was considering this as well! A week in Crete followed by trip to game if we make it through. Flights to Athens are cheap but the issue is then getting to Tripoli.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Has anyone any idea what the ticket arrangements will be like for the Greece away game? Easy to get or will we all have to sit in a phone que for 3 hours? Never had the pleasure of following us away in Europe so this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm in the same boat mate! Never followed Hibs abroad in Europe and now is my opportunity! Just got to ponder if I prioritise Faroes or gamble with Greece

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I cannae drive so I'll chuck in fifty quid for someone to drive me to Tripoli.

If your chat is good I'll throw in a hundred.

£617 return Gatwick to Kalamata (nr Tripoli, Greece) Thursday to Saturday! Just wow!!

How far from airport to the stadium in Faroe Isles? Direct flight from Edinburgh in at 15.35.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Tripolis is a 24hr drive from Berlin. I'm thinking of taking the boy and our newly acquired sleeps 6 Hibby mobile and making a 7 day road trip out of it. Providing we qualify of course.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Tripolis is a 24hr drive from Berlin. I'm thinking of taking the boy and our newly acquired sleeps 6 Hibby mobile and making a 7 day road trip out of it. Providing we qualify of course.
    You might be able to make your petrol money back if you pick a few folk up in Athens.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This has caught my attention! Where would you stop on the way there and back?

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    How far from airport to the stadium in Faroe Isles? Direct flight from Edinburgh in at 15.35.
    About 40 mins drive if the game is moved to Torshavn - 50 mins+ if playing in Runavik. There's also a public helicopter service from airport to Torshavn (10 mins or so) but obviously limited space. If hiring a car it's about £20 each way toll through the tunnel from Vagar (airport island) to Streymoy (where Torshavn is). Bridge from Streymoy to Eysturoy (where Runavik is) is toll free.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    Could we try and sort a .net bus from Athens on the day of the game?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure if this is a genuine suggestion or not but this would really appeal to me. Flights to Athens seem to be the best option and getting from Athens to Tripoli isn't easy.

If this gets off the ground as an idea I would certainly be interested provided it's accessible for a wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfly View Post
    About 40 mins drive if the game is moved to Torshavn - 50 mins+ if playing in Runavik. There's also a public helicopter service from airport to Torshavn (10 mins or so) but obviously limited space. If hiring a car it's about £20 each way toll through the tunnel from Vagar (airport island) to Streymoy (where Torshavn is). Bridge from Streymoy to Eysturoy (where Runavik is) is toll free.
    Thanks, and Toftir?
    This is on the official site:

''The return leg will be played on Thursday 19 July at the Svangaskarš Stadium in Toftir, Faroe Islands. Kick-off is at 6.45pm BST (7.45pm local time).''

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a genuine suggestion or not but this would really appeal to me. Flights to Athens seem to be the best option and getting from Athens to Tripoli isn't easy.

If this gets off the ground as an idea I would certainly be interested provided it's accessible for a wheelchair.
    Yes it was a serious suggesting. I'll start a separate thread after the home game and see if we can get the bus rolling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Thanks, and Toftir?
    This is on the official site:

''The return leg will be played on Thursday 19 July at the Svangaskarš Stadium in Toftir, Faroe Islands. Kick-off is at 6.45pm BST (7.45pm local time).''

Didn't realise that - Toftir is just 5 minutes from Runavik - closer to Torshavn and airport. Toftir's another very exposed ground - the one where Scotland played when Garry O'Connor scored in a 2 - 0 barely deserved win for Scotland. It was used for international games until they moved them to Torshavn. It's got no cover at all but I think it's still a grass pitch (one of only 2 in the country).

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfly View Post
    Didn't realise that - Toftir is just 5 minutes from Runavik - closer to Torshavn and airport. Toftir's another very exposed ground - the one where Scotland played when Garry O'Connor scored in a 2 - 0 barely deserved win for Scotland. It was used for international games until they moved them to Torshavn. It's got no cover at all but I think it's still a grass pitch (one of only 2 in the country).
    Thanks
    Sounds good, doesn't seem to have a lot of hotels though, that's next thing to sort.