hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fixture changes?

Sorry, have had a really busy summer and not fully up to speed yet with the upcoming season.
    Am I right in thinking that the Motherwell game will now be played on Sunday 5th, barring any Faroese miracles?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Nothing confirmed yet due to the 2nd leg next week, but with EL games played on a Thursday, it looks pretty certain that the Motherwell game will be put back to Sunday.

It will be tbe Sunday as per SPFL rules

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nothing confirmed yet due to the 2nd leg next week, but with EL games played on a Thursday, it looks pretty certain that the Motherwell game will be put back to Sunday.
    If this is the case hopefully a later kick off and put on tv, as I fly to Majorca Sunday morning, cant believe I’m gonna miss first game of the season. School boy error

I will be well peed off if it’s on the Sunday as I won’t make it. Missed about 5 games last season due to them being moved. Bought a season ticket to back the club but no value in it for the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    I will be well peed off if it’s on the Sunday as I won’t make it. Missed about 5 games last season due to them being moved. Bought a season ticket to back the club but no value in it for the fans.
    We did quite well last year. You need to expect that being a top 6 team means a lot of games being moved. But we also have the European games in August and hopefully longer.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Do you want bibs to play in Europe on Thursday and the the league on Saturday to make it easier for you?

It’s not been Saturday 3pm kick offs every week for years now, surely you must have expected the games after Europe to be moved to Sunday’s?

As far as domestic games go, back in ye olden days if you kept (Tue/Wed night and Saturday afternoon) free you could pretty much go to all of the games.

Nowadays it's more likely to be (Friday night and any time Sat/Sun) you need to be available

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Do you want bibs to play in Europe on Thursday and the the league on Saturday to make it easier for you?

It’s not been Saturday 3pm kick offs every week for years now, surely you must have expected the games after Europe to be moved to Sunday’s?
    As long as the bibs dont have any alcoholic beverage or betting company sponsors on them we should be sound ;)

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

It’s 99.9% confirmed to be on the Sunday unless Runavík embarrassingly knock us out. Plus there is no way Hibs will want to play on the Saturday considering they will be playing a potential important game on the other side of Europe 48 hours before. Common sense.

This must be very frustrating but naive, I have to say. We got to a League Cup Semi-Final last season, meaning a league game got moved. Europe this season means that will happen again at least once. With 60 games shown live on TV, 6 guaranteed at Easter Road, then guess what, games will get moved.

We all want Saturday 3pm but this is modern football and anyone that buys a season ticket expecting Saturday, 3pm, is going to get a rude awakening.

Add to that, the clubs want a winter break and a League Cup Finisinh before Christmas, then the League has more midweek cards too, so not all TV’s fault.

The three weekend of the season has not League games but it is a League Cup weekend, hence, another midweek card.

Maybe you could find someone who could use yir ticket when you cant and get a couple of quid for it?

Fixture changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprouleflyer View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aldo; 14-07-2018 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Mes bad and all my fault the day

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Would be very pissed off if this were the case as booked Hospitality for the game and nothing was mentioned then. Taking my Dad and there is a possibility that he cannot make the Sunday! FFS

Surely can’t be pissed off at the club for that? If you play a European game on a Thursday you’re never going to play a league game on the Saturday. No the clubs fault.
    Last edited by B.H.F.C; 14-07-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Folk are surely at it on here? Raging we’re in Europe as it’ll push a game back 24 hours. Leeann should just pull us out now to save the hassle.

It might not be moved if the 2nd leg doesn't get played on the Thursday night.

Sevco's 2nd leg v Shkupi is played this coming Tuesday so it's possible that our 2nd leg v Asteras Tripolis may take place earlier in the week, allowing the Motherwell game to remain on the Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post

Sevco's 2nd leg v Shkupi is played this coming Tuesday so it's possible that our 2nd leg v Asteras Tripolis may take place earlier in the week, allowing the Motherwell game to remain on the Saturday.
    Or tie will be on the Thursday.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Fixture changes?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Surely can’t be pissed off at the club for that? If you play a European game on a Thursday you’re never going to play a league game on the Saturday. No the clubs fault.

Last edited by Aldo; 14-07-2018 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Wish I hadn’t bothered

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Would be very pissed off if this were the case as booked Hospitality for the game and nothing was mentioned then. Taking my Dad and there is a possibility that he cannot make the Sunday! FFS

What would you want to have been mentioned? The Europa League 2nd round 2nd leg was always scheduled to take place the week leading up to the first weekend of the league season.

We've known since the 19th May that we were going to be in Europe this season and the schedule of the ties was also freely available to refer to.

The league fixtures were only announced on 15th June so it's not as if you could have booked hospitality before we knew about being in Europe.

I can understand why you would be frustrated if you can't make it but I can't understand why you would be pissed off at anyone when you're implying that "nothing was mentioned." Clubs have never played on a Thursday and then again on a Saturday. Especially when a flight back from Greece is involved in between!

Fixture changes?

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Folk are surely at it on here? Raging we’re in Europe as it’ll push a game back 24 hours. Leeann should just pull us out now to save the hassle.

Last edited by Aldo; 14-07-2018 at 07:59 AM. Reason: My fault

Fixture changes?

Posts removed so as not to upset anyone

Last edited by Aldo; 14-07-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If it's changed to the Tuesday Hibs fans arriving on the Wednesday can say hello to the players at the airport as they head home

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think it will be too but how do you know that just now? All 2nd leg games from this round were supposed to take place next Thursday but Sevco's playing on the Tuesday.

Is there a specific reason for their match being brought forward?

I think it will be too but how do you know that just now? All 2nd leg games from this round were supposed to take place next Thursday but Sevco's playing on the Tuesday.

Telly?

From a team perspective I'd prefer it to be played on the Tuesday as a game on a Thursday night in Greece is going to mean the players are knackered against Motherwell on the Sunday. Would be abit bad on the fans who have already booked up on the basis the games on Thursday though.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar

The Rangers games was moved to the Tuesday as there is 3 Skopje teams all playing in the Europa League 1st Round. They were all scheduled to play at home on the same night so they moved one to the Tuesday and one to the Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    The Rangers games was moved to the Tuesday as there is 3 Skopje teams all playing in the Europa League 1st Round. They were all scheduled to play at home on the same night so they moved one to the Tuesday and one to the Wednesday.
    Ahh right that makes sense then cheers.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

I asked this a week or so ago. Rangers game was moved, as 3 Macedonia teams, in close proximity were at home on the same night

Clash with a team.of a higher seeding in the same geographic location...as per UEFA rules.

@hibs.net private member
    What happens to us if Hearts have a betfred cup tie on the same night as us?Should we move ours to avoid a clash?😂