hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Europa Travel Thread. Serious Input Welcome

Can we have a thread that's dedicated to sharing travel ideas in what is looking like (hopefully two) tricky trips for the intrepid Hibby?
    Try and keep all the puns and backbiting chit chat elsewhere. It's worked on campaigns previous and that's one of the good things about a fans forum I reckon.

Personally I'm open to hearing anything about how people might find their way there from anywhere in the UK, and I'm ready to hop on to anything, but I reckon charter deals are looking the best bet for either.

The last trip to Greece resulted in a week in Aegina for me and plenty of others and no game! Been plenty of helpful shared discussion and links on here since to places like Vilnius, Dnipropetrovsk, Dauguvpils, Maribor, Malmo and Copenhagen as well as getting to friendlies in Germany, Ireland, Holland, Belgium and Ireland amongst others.

Thoughts welcome.
    Let's help as many Hibbies get there as possible.

2. Log in to remove the advert

http://www.ktelarkadias.gr/%CF%85%CF...F%CE%BB%CE%B7/

This looks like a bus timetable for Athens to Tripoli to get this thread up and running

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.ktelarkadias.gr/%CF%85%CF...F%CE%BB%CE%B7/

This looks like a bus timetable for Athens to Tripoli to get this thread up and running

A question for fans thinking about making the possible Greece trip, will it be best to stay in tripolis the night of the game and Athens the rest of the nights or is staying in tripolis every night the preferred option?

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Good thread, especially interested if anyone has any creative ways to make Faroes without it costing a stupid amount. Would be happy to do some daft travelling to keep the cost down

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunfyhibee View Post
    A question for fans thinking about making the possible Greece trip, will it be best to stay in tripolis the night of the game and Athens the rest of the nights or is staying in tripolis every night the preferred option?
    You’d want to stay locally, night of the game

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Hotels are sold out in Tripolis on the night of the game on booking.com

If you've not been to Athens before, definitely have some nights there. It's a brilliant city.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Hotels are sold out in Tripolis on the night of the game on booking.com
    They were probably only holding a few anyway

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Good thread, especially interested if anyone has any creative ways to make Faroes without it costing a stupid amount. Would be happy to do some daft travelling to keep the cost down
    Going via Amsterdam or Copenhagen are your best bet but you’ll be lucky to get anything below £400.

There’s only a limited amount of hotels there and the prices went up quickly. . We’re looking at taxi/minibus hire from Athens for the game.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Iggy, great thread, other than Athens, what are the other nearest airports to Tripoli

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Can we have a thread that's dedicated to sharing travel ideas in what is looking like (hopefully two) tricky trips for the intrepid Hibby?
    Try and keep all the puns and backbiting chit chat elsewhere. It's worked on campaigns previous and that's one of the good things about a fans forum I reckon.

Personally I'm open to hearing anything about how people might find their way there from anywhere in the UK, and I'm ready to hop on to anything, but I reckon charter deals are looking the best bet for either.

The last trip to Greece resulted in a week in Aegina for me and plenty of others and no game! Been plenty of helpful shared discussion and links on here since to places like Vilnius, Dnipropetrovsk, Dauguvpils, Maribor, Malmo and Copenhagen as well as getting to friendlies in Germany, Ireland, Holland, Belgium and Ireland amongst others.

Thoughts welcome.
    Let's help as many Hibbies get there as possible.
    I tried to pull together some information which was partly my own research on the possibility of going to the ties. It's here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/. Happy for folk to collate information there if felt useful.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    When I looked earlier it was £300 return from Edinburgh for direct flights (Thursday to Monday).

Biggest tip/request is for people to browse in private/incognito/secret mode when searching for flights. As is it we are all collectively shafting each other.

Iggy, great thread, other than Athens, what are the other nearest airports to Tripoli
    map here https://hibseuropa.wordpress.com/201...ound-opponent/

Zanti flights showing for £80 return but no idea how to get from there to football ground. There is an airport nearby called Kalamata International (KLX) but only flights from London, Birmingham and Manchester and they are expensive and on latter 2 a Saturday only.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There’s only a limited amount of hotels there and the prices went up quickly. . We’re looking at taxi/minibus hire from Athens for the game.
    Keep me posted with what you learn please, J.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Keep me posted with what you learn please, J.
    Could we try and sort a .net bus from Athens on the day of the game?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    Could we try and sort a .net bus from Athens on the day of the game?

This 👍👍 as I said on another thread I think a few coaches would be feasible for fans to and from Athens as hotels are all but gone nearby

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Thomas Cook are doing a week in Greece for £420....at the nearest airport to the ground. link

Left by mutual consent!
    Can someone confirm the possible dates for the 2nd round game in Greece please, getting different answers.
    I’ve pre booked a hotel for £74 for two nights on thinking it’s the 2nd of August

Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    Can someone confirm the possible dates for the 2nd round game in Greece please, getting different answers.
    I’ve pre booked a hotel for £74 for two nights on thinking it’s the 2nd of August
    The Herald report has the game in Greece on 27 July.....but Uefa site does not say. I thought the first name drawn was at home.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: x Aldoo x
    Does anyone know how to get from Toftir to Torshavn after the match for the Runavik game? Doesn't seem any public transport and is an hour drive so would imagine a taxi (if there are any) would be extortionate and there doesn't seem to be any accommodation near the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReg! View Post
    August 2nd

Faroe Islands
    Spoke to a good mate who made the Scotland trip on the charter and he reckons it was about £300 max. Nothing like the money being talked about on the other thread. Was chartered independently through the TA website and not the SFA, by a fellah in Aberdeen (?) who put it out there for interest and then first dabs. Maybe about 200 made the trip. I'll share anything else he lets me know after he digs about. Maybe one or two on here were on the trip?

Tripoli
    It googles a drive of less than 2 hours from Athens. Cab sharing or bus hire must be an option and digs in the fleshpots of Athens????
    Don't think my boss or my bank will let me squeeze in a week island hopping.
    Even a hired car and a willing god fearing teetotal nutcase to drive there and back....

Quote Originally Posted by AldoHFC View Post
    Does anyone know how to get from Toftir to Torshavn after the match for the Runavik game? Doesn't seem any public transport and is an hour drive so would imagine a taxi (if there are any) would be extortionate and there doesn't seem to be any accommodation near the ground.
    taxi.fo suggests a 1 hour taxi ride to be £45-60

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Faroe Islands
    Spoke to a good mate who made the Scotland trip on the charter and he reckons it was about £300 max. Nothing like the money being talked about on the other thread. Was chartered independently through the TA website and not the SFA, by a fellah in Aberdeen (?) who put it out there for interest and then first dabs. Maybe about 200 made the trip. I'll share anything else he lets me know after he digs about. Maybe one or two on here were on the trip?

Tripoli
    It googles a drive of less than 2 hours from Athens. Cab sharing or bus hire must be an option and digs in the fleshpots of Athens????
    Don't think my boss or my bank will let me squeeze in a week island hopping.
    Even a hired car and a willing god fearing teetotal nutcase to drive there and back....

Poster HI8SRY is a ERCoM TA member, maybe he can find out about a charter flight?

If a charter is that price to Faroes Island and back then count me in.

I think the big money chat is coming from Brondby away which was £750 travelling with the team and 1 night in a B+B, if its anything like that for the Faroes then forget it.
    Last edited by Hermit Crab; 20-06-2018 at 07:00 PM.

Has anyone any idea what the ticket arrangements will be like for the Greece away game? Easy to get or will we all have to sit in a phone que for 3 hours? Never had the pleasure of following us away in Europe so this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Has anyone any idea what the ticket arrangements will be like for the Greece away game? Easy to get or will we all have to sit in a phone que for 3 hours? Never had the pleasure of following us away in Europe so this is all new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm hoping for an online scramble personally

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Poster HI8SRY is a ERCoM TA member, maybe he can find out about a charter flight?

If a charter is that price to Faroes Island and back then count me in.

I think the big money chat is coming from Brondby away which was £750 travelling with the team and 1 night in a B+B, if its anything like that for the Faroes then forget it.

I'd be in at that price. To be honest, it's time that's my enemy as I've put money aside (within reason) but I can only realistically go if it's for 1 night.