hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Anyone know when you can actually buy the tickets !
    Going on holiday
    and was wanting to add it to my season ticket,I'm back the day before the match.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dropping the price and losing as much as 100k in income is the equivalent of a player's wages for a season. The best way to invest in the future fans is to get a good team on the park. We have the best opportunity that we've had in years to do that.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    I don't disagree, however I do think this is over priced and if we end up with an 8 - 10 k crowd and struggle to break them down like rangers did against "weak" opposition what will the cost be ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I don't disagree, however I do think this is over priced and if we end up with an 8 - 10 k crowd and struggle to break them down like rangers did against "weak" opposition what will the cost be ?

Not trying to be funny !
    But how will the attendance impact on the team's performance ?
    The players will take care of the game,regardless to the size of the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Dropping the price and losing as much as 100k in income is the equivalent of a player's wages for a season. The best way to invest in the future fans is to get a good team on the park. We have the best opportunity that we've had in years to do that.

100k is probably a very inflated estimate

Quote Originally Posted by SON OF PADDY View Post
    Not trying to be funny !
    But how will the attendance impact on the team's performance ?
    The players will take care of the game,regardless to the size of the crowd.
    Yeah you are right the crowd has never influenced the out come of a game. Weak teams have never been stubborn and difficult to breakdown and there has never been any shock results ever.

Yeah you are right the crowd has never influenced the out come of a game. Weak teams have never been stubborn and difficult to breakdown and there has never been any shock results ever.

Bottom line is !
    if you're no happy with the price of the ticket, don't go it's simple really.
    And you're right, no team ever just turn up without putting up a fight.🙄😉

Bottom line is !
    And you're right, no team ever just turn up without putting up a fight.����
    Your right close the thread. If people want to go they will if they don't they wont. However I do think it is important that Hibs get feedback from fans and this is a method of passing on the feedback. The size of the crowd will be the best feedback to club.

For the record I will go I still think the pricing is wrong.

Your right close the thread. If people want to go they will if they don't they wont. However I do think it is important that Hibs get feedback from fans and this is a method of passing on the feedback. The size of the crowd will be the best feedback to club.

For the record I will go I still think the pricing is wrong.
    I think it can be argued that the pricing is a bit expensive.

I don’t think it’ll have much of an effect on the size of the crowd though.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

If it has little effect on the size of the crowd, it's perfectly priced then

My initial reaction to the pricing was that it was too high, especially given that the game takes place in the middle of the school hols and (assuming it goes to plan) we'll have another home match before July is out, as well as the testimonial. I haven't changed my view.

However, when I'm sitting in the pub before the gemme I won't give the cost of my ticket a second's thought, but I will be excited that Hibs are back playing European football again. There have been far too many seasons in my time watching Hibs when that hasn't been the case.

Bottom line is !
    And you're right, no team ever just turn up without putting up a fight.🙄😉
    What about those who want to go but can't afford it? **** them aye? You'd think the club would see this as a chance to get young fans through the gate. Warm summer night, European football at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Gerrard’s first competitive game - guaranteed to sell out so probably gave them the scope to go a bit lower price wise.
    I would have thought exactly the opposite would apply.

If I thought Hibs would sell out, I wouldn't criticise the pricing.

But hey ho, it is what it is. I'll be there. Hopefully we'll win and score enough to put the tie to bed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Gerrard’s first competitive game - guaranteed to sell out so probably gave them the scope to go a bit lower price wise.
    Does that not give them more scope to increase the price a bit? If demand will be there regardless.

Hibs aren't made of money, and we're trying to compete with teams who generate more income than us and have done for the last few years - we worked hard to qualify for Europe which gives a perfect opportunity to make some money. I don't think dropping the price would have added much to the crowd, we'd just have been not making as much money.
    Mon the Hibs.

But we will happily pay £28 for a game against our mighty neighbors and sell it out in record time because it's a derby on a cold midweek evening this game is as important if not more in the scheme of things but hey it's a free world you either want to go or give it a miss just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    We play all season to qualify for europe, we celebrate when we qualify and then we dont go cos its £23 a ticket.

Poor show really. This should be a big crowd
    You and I, judging by your age can easily afford this price. Others, with 2 or 3 kids to take along ( on instructions of the wife, if your gaun the bairns are gaun!) will definitely find it hard, given those prices. don't care what anyone thinks, but thems the facts. just a wee bit too expensive for quite a few.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    What about those who want to go but can't afford it? **** them aye? You'd think the club would see this as a chance to get young fans through the gate. Warm summer night, European football at Easter Road.
    don't be silly

Left by mutual consent!
    Can work both ways. How many times have smaller teams come to Easter Road to silence the big crowd? It's a known tactic of managers and it's best we concentrate on the players doing a professional job, and not letting any upsets happen.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Easter Road was packed out every other week as we competed in the top half of league battling it out to win the European qualifying positions, so after successfully achieving that it’s not unreasonable to expect a big crowd to see our first game at a ticket price more or less in line with what we paid to watch Hibs last season.

Same could apply for any game ?
    Want to go,but can't afford to !

Utter drivel

Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    Utter drivel
    I agree your post is utter drivel

I'll be at the Europa game.

Won't be at Hanlons testimonial as I can't afford £23, £20 and then potentially another £23 in such a shprt space of time. Somethings got to give and as much as I like PH I'd rather go to the competitive game.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

****ing hell, some things never change. There's still the good old polarised debate whereby youre either with us or against us (on either side) of this debate. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. Nobody professes to be a Hibs "fan" then doesn't go to games and lives on the wee bits of glory we get for the fun of it.........equally anyone with more cash than sense (or even cash AND sense ) isn't really morally obligated to tell anyone else how to spend their dough, period.

Just rejoice that we are debating about the prices of European tickets while the mutants are debating precisely why they are still funding Queen Anne's interest and still coming up short in the league, against the wee team

GLORY GLORY

ENDOF

Despite the initial negativity it's good to see a 12,500 attendance at the game. More money to invest in the team.

It will be more of the same for the tie against the Greeks. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Despite the initial negativity it's good to see a 12,500 attendance at the game. More money to invest in the team.

Club probably took in about £250k last night plus the £230k we get from UEFA. Same again next round and we won’t be far away from £1m extra income before the season even starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

99% sure I heard the tannoy state the crowd was 14,100? Official match report stating 1600 fans less..?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Club probably took in about £250k last night plus the £230k we get from UEFA. Same again next round and we won’t be far away from £1m extra income before the season even starts.

Probably took in less than £200k last night. But on top of the UEFA money, was a nice we earner, even after the cost of a plane charter

Would be expecting 15k plus at the game against Tripolas

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

That's before factoring in our Group Stage appearances!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Probably took in less than £200k last night. But on top of the UEFA money, was a nice we earner, even after the cost of a plane charter

Would be expecting 15k plus at the game against Tripolas
    I think it'll be close to a sellout