hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    its usual that the two teams reps meet after the draw and discuss game prices etc.

Maybe this wee team are short too and they dont think they will make it through to the second round.

So the price was set for both sides to get something out of it.

For goodness sake this is what Hibs fought out last season for, to play in Europe!

We backed them through a tough but interesting season to get Into this European draw and now we get here and all we have is a post full of people bumping their gums at the price of the ticket of the very first game!

If you dont want or cant afford the ticket then dont go..... end of!
    Every fan who turned up at games during the season wanted Hibs to qualify, agreed.

I just wanted Hibs to give as many of those fans as possible the opportunity to get to a game against a low calibre team.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 20-06-2018 at 11:15 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    who did then?
    His testimonial committee.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    His testimonial committee.

no say at all then

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    no say at all then
    Really?

I thought the club turned the stadium etc over to the testimonial committee, but gave support as necessary.

This is what the official site says;

The Paul Hanlon Testimonial Committee are pleased to confirm the ticketing arrangements for the upcoming Testimonial Match for Paul Hanlon against Blackburn Rovers on Sunday 8 July (3pm kick-off).

Tickets for this match are now on sale, with season ticket holders’ seats being reserved until Friday 22 June at 9am. After this point, all seats will be available on general sale.

At the request of Paul, part of the proceeds from this match will be shared between Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) and various local children’s charities

Ticket Prices:

Adults – £20

Concessions – £10 (0-17 years, 65 or over and Students with a valid student matriculation card/proof must be shown for all concession tickets).

For Disabled Supporters and where applicable their Carers, the regular pricing policy for Hibernian home games apply.
    Last edited by Hibbyradge; 20-06-2018 at 11:18 PM.

£23 against the Greek team should we get through the Runavik tie seems fair, the game we played against the Lithuanian team in monsoon conditions at ER, I don’t remember paying anywhere near £23 for though granted it was a few years back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think what I understand is next seasons walk up price is to expensive for a competitive European game. Its just unfortunate that its the same week as PH testimonial. Tickets for both is a healthy outlay in the one week particularly if your taking kids and you have already shelled out for a ST or STs. Unfortunately I think its the testimonial attendance that might suffer with people who have to make a choice picking the competitive game.

Id say we should charge same for Tripolis and if we got through that and drew a "name" side id expect prices for that game to
    be above Cat A, ,maybe £35. I personally wouldn't think too much for a rare high profile European tie.

Of course we need to get past Runavik first !!!
    Last edited by Brizo; 21-06-2018 at 05:56 AM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    £23 For a European tie at Easter Road, well that's that then. If Hibs think I would even consider that amount in July they would be right....see you all at ER GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    £23 For a European tie at Easter Road, well that's that then. If Hibs think I would even consider that amount in July they would be right....see you all at ER GGTTH
    Indeed. I really can’t understand the outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Hibernian can confirm the dates and venues for the UEFA Europa League First Qualifying Round matches.
    Hibernian will be at home to NSÍ Runavík on Thursday 12 July, kick-off 7.45pm. Tickets will be priced at:
    Adults: £23
    Executive Seating: £32 (Adults only)
    Concession: £14
    Child: £12 (before matchday), £14 (matchday)
    Full ticket information, including priority periods for season ticket holders, will be announced shortly.
    The return leg will be played on Thursday 19 July at the Svangaskarð Stadium in Toftir, Faroe Islands. Kick-off is at 6.45pm BST (7.45pm local time).
    We do not anticipate sales in advance of the game for the away tie, though this will be confirmed and any other travel information will be confirmed shortly.
    Not happy at Hibs for this pricing they are hitting the fans hard again for this first game ....taking advantage of a feel good factor at the club. Particularly with no real signings in place, fans are backing the club with seasons, on speculation that some decent signings will come in, but no evidence.of that yet. Also be interesting to see how much away tickets come in at ?
    I dont often have a go at Hibs but.I think a bit.of greed.and disregard for fans loyalty with this first euopean game, it might backfire and keep the attendance down by a couple of thousand.
    Its not all about money for this game ....

@hibs.net private member
    Given that I started this thread arguing that prices should be kept low for the Runavik game, and you disagreed with me, it's clearly you that needs the hobby.

Why won't you clarify who your cowardly catch all insult about "usual penny pinchers" was aimed at?
    It was aimed at everyone who regularly complains about the prices at Easter Road... Hibs certainly don’t over charge us in my opinion, yet there are a lot of people who seem to think the club owe us something in return for our support, over and above the entertainment they provide at what most consider a reasonable price.

It’s seems to have struck a nerve even though it was not in response to any of your posts nor finger pointing towards you, stop looking for a fight.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Not happy at Hibs for this pricing they are hitting the fans hard again for this first game ....taking advantage of a feel good factor at the club. Particularly with no real signings in place, fans are backing the club with seasons, on speculation that some decent signings will come in, but no evidence.of that yet. Also be interesting to see how much away tickets come in at ?
    I dont often have a go at Hibs but.I think a bit.of greed.and disregard for fans loyalty with this first euopean game, it might backfire and keep the attendance down by a couple of thousand.
    Its not all about money for this game ....
    Interested in your thinking behind this.

In what way are the club taking advantage of the fans for charging the normal amount to get into a European tie?

I don't see any way in which they are 'taking advantage'? Regardless of our recent good attendances I think they would have priced this game the same anyway and set a precedent for this year's Europa ties.

What evidence do you want? Apart from signing our number 1 target in kamberi. Is it a lack of rumours? Do you want the club to openly discuss targets? Lennon is quoted saying we are working hard to get good players through the door.

Greed? It's simple, more money means better players. You don't have to go and pay £23 but I'll happily put my hand in my pocket knowing that money is going to help the club. I don't feel like they're taking advantage or swindling me I feel it's a perfectly fair amount to charge for something we worked towards all last season?

@hibs.net private member
    Are there genuinely fans who will not attend this game based on price alone?

Yes, if you cannot afford to buy a ticket then that’s a shame, but those who are thinking of not attending to stand on their principles... really???

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I can’t remember this sort of uproar at the Brondby game being just £1 less than this just 2 years ago. Why is that? Is it because people see the opposition as inferior to Brøndby? It’s the exact same round in the exact same competition is it not? Shirley a £1 increase isn’t an issue.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Yep. I find it hard to understand how the club can't see that and have priced it as they have. Baffling.
    I don't get the problem we want to qualify the price is fine and now people are complaining get buying folkes support your team and bring in extra cash for players come on

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    What's so difficult to understand that people might not have a lot of disposable income?

Or that they don't want to spend a lot of cash to watch a lowly part time team?
    It does not matter if it's a part time team or Barcelona it to get through to the next round so get your ticket

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    Pretty sure Brondby away was around £6 a ticket & print @ home. How or who sets those prices I’ve no idea but he certainly knows his onions.
    Top flight football in the Scotland and England is purely about maximising profit and they generally couldn't give two ****s about supporters. I'm still on Brondbys emailing list and get emails from them, they're selling adult season tickets for under £100. Bear in mind this a country where it costs about 6 quid a pint. Fantastic value.

The prices are expensive, particularly the kids prices.
    Last edited by green&left; 21-06-2018 at 07:42 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Top flight football in the Scotland and England is purely about maximising profit and they generally couldn't give two ****s about supporters. I'm still on Brondbys emailing list and get emails from them, they're selling adult season tickets for under £100. Bear in mind this a country where it costs about 6 quid a pint. Fantastic value.
    Funny I do too. Like you registered for tickets for the game

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    I can’t remember this sort of uproar at the Brondby game being just £1 less than this just 2 years ago. Why is that? Is it because people see the opposition as inferior to Brøndby? It’s the exact same round in the exact same competition is it not? Shirley a £1 increase isn’t an issue.
    Brondby was round 2.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Totally agree was always going to be something like that. So basically the same as a league game v Livingston, dont see the issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Interested in your thinking behind this.

In what way are the club taking advantage of the fans for charging the normal amount to get into a European tie?

I don't see any way in which they are 'taking advantage'? Regardless of our recent good attendances I think they would have priced this game the same anyway and set a precedent for this year's Europa ties.

What evidence do you want? Apart from signing our number 1 target in kamberi. Is it a lack of rumours? Do you want the club to openly discuss targets? Lennon is quoted saying we are working hard to get good players through the door.

Greed? It's simple, more money means better players. You don't have to go and pay £23 but I'll happily put my hand in my pocket knowing that money is going to help the club. I don't feel like they're taking advantage or swindling me I feel it's a perfectly fair amount to charge for something we worked towards all last season?
    Each to their own in respect of what they feel is the right price for the game, I think its evident that quite a number of fans on here think its a bit steep.

The evidence I am looking for is actual new bodies signed up, I have trust but am concerned about lack of visible activity...with fans actively and very supportively putting the money up front.

I am not saying theclub is swining fans ...a different matter all together from my feeling that the ticket prices are hitting the loyalty of fans in this game in particular, where we want to get off to a flier and get the feel good factor in place.for the start kf the season.
    It appears that there is some dubiety as to what is indicated that its not up to Hibs what prices are to get.in.... so apparent from making as much as possible with a financial head only on are the.club charging 23 quid. ? There isno thought.to the.overall picture.of getting as many people in a
    s possible at a realistic but still financially beneficial price.
    I cannot see.the equivalent of at least £23 quid being charges right across europe for games !!
    As for greed ...I accept that its a money makong business but youneed.to consider your.customers capacity to commit all the time ....
    For.what its worth my thinking was charge £16 and £8 for this game as an show of appreciation to fans support and get a big crowd in make.it.cleat.its a one.off and then all going well put the price to normal any following games !!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    It was aimed at everyone who regularly complains about the prices at Easter Road... Hibs certainly don’t over charge us in my opinion, yet there are a lot of people who seem to think the club owe us something in return for our support, over and above the entertainment they provide at what most consider a reasonable price.

It’s seems to have struck a nerve even though it was not in response to any of your posts nor finger pointing towards you, stop looking for a fight.
    I wasn't looking for a fight. Your catch all insult was bang out of order.

If I'd used a phrase like "just the usual Uber fans who think they're better than everyone else", everyone who is happy with the pricing would have been insulted and I'd have been roundly criticised for it.

I don't know who you think regularly complains about pricing, but unless you identify them, then you're tarring everyone with the same brush.

Having a view one way or another is fine, I can see both sides of the discussion, but criticising, and insulting, people for having a view is not right.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    Each to their own in respect of what they feel is the right price for the game, I think its evident that quite a number of fans on here think its a bit steep.

The evidence I am looking for is actual new bodies signed up, I have trust but am concerned about lack of visible activity...with fans actively and very supportively putting the money up front.

I am not saying theclub is swining fans ...a different matter all together from my feeling that the ticket prices are hitting the loyalty of fans in this game in particular, where we want to get off to a flier and get the feel good factor in place.for the start kf the season.
    It appears that there is some dubiety as to what is indicated that its not up to Hibs what prices are to get.in.... so apparent from making as much as possible with a financial head only on are the.club charging 23 quid. ? There isno thought.to the.overall picture.of getting as many people in a
    s possible at a realistic but still financially beneficial price.
    I cannot see.the equivalent of at least £23 quid being charges right across europe for games !!
    As for greed ...I accept that its a money makong business but youneed.to consider your.customers capacity to commit all the time ....
    For.what its worth my thinking was charge £16 and £8 for this game as an show of appreciation to fans support and get a big crowd in make.it.cleat.its a one.off and then all going well put the price to normal any following games !!

Yes it seems a few on here believe it's steep, I think it's fair to ask the question why though. Id imagine nobody on this board is privvy to the spend per head required against the forecasted attendance for hibs to cover match day costs and make a profit. If we make a loss on a small attendance offered at lower rates and get put out of Europe the first go, then that will hurt us significantly.

I think the recruitment policy has been well documented by the club and support through official lines and forums so we all know that this might take more time than the hearts scattergun approach, for example. I would like to have seen more signings by now, it's an exciting process but I have faith that they will come. Signings will come, and they'll be of good quality. There's a few on here with good sources and they're putting out some good names.

Weve had the best attendances since the 50's all around the same price for a game (if not more for cat A) as this tie. Large volumes of Hibees are happy to come and pay the price to see Hamilton, Ross county, etc so I don't think the club would view it any differently. They'll have looked at like for like in previous years and made their decision. From a business point of view, even a diminished crowd due to holidays etc will garnish more than a slightly larger at decreased prices. Now that's potentially offset by a larger more vocal support which could help advance us to the next round, but money talks. Hibs do set the price for the home tie and will have considered all pricing structures even with an expected lesser attendance.

I think the term loyalty, is completely subjective when it comes to football. I could understand a lot more if we were garbage, the club didn't communicate, we signed average players and played awful football (2011-2015 basically). But we've attended in big numbers, backed the club and in turn they've started to deliver (with room for improvement, of course) on the park. That is what we all want, Hibernian to be as successful as possible, and our continued financial support is one of the main factors for that.

Anyway I'll be there, and hopefully you will too and we can debate the costs of the Greeks at home next 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Yes it seems a few on here believe it's steep, I think it's fair to ask the question why though.
    It's because we know from experience, that lots of folk won't go.

Hibs worst attendance last year was 15500. Unless I've misjudged this very badly, or we sign a superstar, there won't be anything like that number against Runavik.

The price for a game like this is steep. One argument that I have sympathy for is that if the price was lowered, the increase in attendance wouldn't compensate for the loss of income.

However, and unusually for me, on this occasion I feel that Hibs should have maximised the attendance even if it meant missing out on some income.

It's going to cost me well over £100 to go to the game, so it won't make much difference to me what they charge, but for families with a couple of children etc, it might.

Anyway, the decision has been made so we'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by SolentHibee View Post
    So our first competitive game of the season, one one of our rare forays into Europe and people won’t go because they’ll have to pay £23?

I just don’t get it.

Funnily enough, I haven't actually seen many people on here say they wouldn't pay that much, just people expressing a feeling that, in combination with the opposition and time of year, it might lead to less people turning up.

Also, whenever we play a game that isn't covered by Season Tickets, the attendance normally plummets.

No big deal, and I've love to be wrong and see ER totally sold out.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I also think considering the opposition its a little steep. I understand why its been done this way, but i do think it will make an impact on the attendance.

Maybe £15 for an adult would have been about right in my opinion, but we will never know if it would have brought enough extra in to make up the difference of the higher crowd, probably not?

I will just look at it as a one off payment to HSL of £8.

It's because we know from experience, that lots of folk won't go.

Hibs worst attendance last year was 15500. Unless I've misjudged this very badly, or we sign a superstar, there won't be anything like that number against Runavik.

The price for a game like this is steep. One argument that I have sympathy for is that if the price was lowered, the increase in attendance wouldn't compensate for the loss of income.

However, and unusually for me, on this occasion I feel that Hibs should have maximised the attendance even if it meant missing out on some income.

It's going to cost me well over £100 to go to the game, so it won't make much difference to me what they charge, but for families with a couple of children etc, it might.

Anyway, the decision has been made so we'll see what happens.
    I don't think there's anyone under any illusions that we'll get a big crowd. There's a lot to pay for regarding hibs around this time, not to mention other expenses.

I think £23 is fair to watch this current Hibs team. I'd prefer a big crowd there too, but not at Hibs losing out financially.

Hopefully there'll be a big crowd and we'll finish this tie before the second leg 👍

First Team Breakthrough
    Anyone have any idea when the tickets will go on sale?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fulshie View Post

The club will announce this.

Quote Originally Posted by fulshie View Post
    Don’t worry - you’ll have your pick of the best seats going by a lot of the comments on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Much of it is the same people posting multiple times and that keeps it going. It hasn't been as badly received as this thread would suggest.