hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    £10 and £5 would be ideal but I suspect it’ll be a bit more.
    is that for the pies?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SolentHibee View Post
    What makes you think I have a load of disposable income? I just don’t get it for the reasons I stated, you don’t need to agree, I don’t need to repeat them.

I take it that we won’t see any dot count treads urging folk to buy tickets so we can get a big crowd for yet another game against Hamilton or Inverness type teams that we play 4 times a year ad Infinitum (barring relegations). How much does it cost to go away to somewhere even as close as Livi?

People can do what they like, if they don’t want to attend, that’s up to them, but it seems that balking at the price of a game that comes up every few years is incompatible with all the threads urging fans to support Hibs both attendance-wise and financially.
    This really does deserve a response.

Well said SolentHibee - indeed people happy to pay £20 to watch Hamilton and Livingston, yet won't pay £23 to watch our team in Europe when they've been trying all season to get there. Bizarre!! Hibs will need our support against a Faroes team just as much as against teams like Hamilton and Livingston.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Why do people assume hibs can set the prices for a tie in the Europa league?
    if its at your stadium, you can ask what you want,

Im sure hibs are trying to get as much as possibloe from what could be, 2 or 4 matches.. Im confident it will be morebut the board will be thinking , that the crowd will be around the same size than if the price was say £18

Its steep, no doubt about it, Board should be thinking about the impact of a full house, these faroe players , most wilnever have experienced that kind of atmosphere and could crumble under it. If only 10-12k turn up, we will srtill makea hell of a noise.

@hibs.net private member
    Just the usual penny pinchers have a grump! Be an armchair fan if you don’t like parting with your money in exchange for some entertainment. Listen on the wireless or follow on here, you won’t get the same buzz as being at the stadium.

Some folk forget that being a fan and attending games is privilege not a right.

Hibs have the right to maximise income and they and we should all expect that a European tie, even against so called minnows, should draw a crowd and help to make the club some money... these things all benefit the club.

Isn’t that why we are fans, to help our club succeed?

£22 ^. Haven't seen anything to confirm that's not going up either.

I'm broke btw and will have to budget if I can go to this and PH testimonial. Didn't buy a ST so will pick and choose.

Understand that those who bought STs may be paying a chunk in July but it was all known im advance.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post

Well said SolentHibee - indeed people happy to pay £20 to watch Hamilton and Livingston, yet won't pay £23 to watch our team in Europe when they've been trying all season to get there. Bizarre!! Hibs will need our support against a Faroes team just as much as against teams like Hamilton and Livingston.
    You're having a go at the thousands of Hibs fans who won't be at the Runavik game yet make use of their season ticket during the season.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Just the usual penny pinchers have a grump! Be an armchair fan if you don’t like parting with your money in exchange for some entertainment. Listen on the wireless or follow on here, you won’t get the same buzz as being at the stadium.

Hibs have the right to maximise income and they and we should all expect that a European tie, even against so called minnows, should draw a crowd and help to make the club some money... these things all benefit the club.

And yet I disagree with the majority of this fairly ignorant comment 😃

"Just as much" I fully agree, what i struggle to get, is these kinda sides come around every season , you can watch a hibs league game
    most weeks!, a euro game shud be jam packed regardless of opposition, we may be a bit surprised, could get 13-15k,

I dont think there is any doubt, that if the stadiium was packed it would increase our chances of taking leads to the away leg,

As a hibs fan, you should always attend, but if not possible, shud need to call in sick for these games!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    And yet I disagree with the majority of this fairly ignorant comment 😃
    There’s absolutely nothing ignorant about my opinion here, I am well aware that our followers come from all walks of life and some fall on hard times and can not afford to attend, but you don’t hear them demanding that the price of other luxuries should go down to suit their level of income...?

Too many folk believe they are entitled to something that they simply are not.

I'm on holiday in Turkey just now with a WiFi connection that could be described as patchy at best...
    So apologies in advance if the following had already been asked and answered elsewhere:

1- have Ticketmaster fixed their hopeless website yet?
    I tried a couple of days ago to get tickets for me and my daughter for Paul Hanlon's Testimonial and couldn't assign her seat to me in the purchase.

2- is the same glitch gonna shaft us for Euro tickets as well??

At this rate we won't be attending either game.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I'm on holiday in Turkey just now with a WiFi connection that could be described as patchy at best...
    So apologies in advance if the following had already been asked and answered elsewhere:

1- have Ticketmaster fixed their hopeless website yet?
    I tried a couple of days ago to get tickets for me and my daughter for Paul Hanlon's Testimonial and couldn't assign her seat to me in the purchase.

2- is the same glitch gonna shaft us for Euro tickets as well??

At this rate we won't be attending either game.
    It’s been fixed Brian

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    And yet I disagree with the majority of this fairly ignorant comment ��
    yeh he has a point for sure, I was sayingt he same, about , this could be just a game or 2, lets face it.
    So the club need to take the opportunity to make what income they can.

Been a hibs fan for a long time, and now more than ever I get the feeling theextra money goes straight to the improvement if the squad so I dont mind paying the extra. For euro matches, it shud be rammed packed, but I doubt that, I think the crown will be as big as the brondby one tho

"A privilege not a tight" is a belter, but whoo you have in mind with your Uber fan insult about"usual penny pinchers"?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    You're having a go at the thousands of Hibs fans who won't be at the Runavik game yet make use of their season ticket during the season.
    No I'm not!

Gibby the Hibby was talking about the rush to fill the stadium - the dot counters. These are not the season ticket holders, but walk-ups.

Gibby the Hibby is making the point that why are we making such a big thing of filling the stadium against such teams that we play maybe 3 or 4 times every season, yet people won't stump up slightly more to watch a once in every few seasons European Cup game.

No I'm not!

Gibby the Hibby was talking about the rush to fill the stadium - the dot counters. These are not the season ticket holders, but walk-ups.

Gibby the Hibby is making the point that why are we making such a big thing of filling the stadium against such teams that we play maybe 3 or 4 times every season, yet people won't stump up slightly more to watch a once in every few seasons European Cup game.
    I see.

You're having a go at the folk who can't afford season tickets, but go to games when they can?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’s been fixed Brian
    Excellent.
    Thanks for the response BW 👍

@hibs.net private member
    "A privilege not a tight" is a belter, but whoo you have in mind with your Uber fan insult about"usual penny pinchers"?
    There seem to be a fair few folk up in arms about the price of a Europa League match (albeit a qualifier) that are quick to raise concerns about parting with their money for the ‘good of the cause’ so you can take your pick.

European games are rare enough for us that I've already arranged two half days so that I can make both home fixtures as I expect us to get past the Faroese team.

I'm not bothered if the tickets for each game are a fiver more than some people think they should be, although I'd agree that £20/£10 would get a better crowd despite the saving being minimal.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

There seem to be a fair few folk up in arms about the price of a Europa League match (albeit a qualifier) that are quick to raise concerns about parting with their money for the ‘good of the cause’ so you can take your pick.
    No, it's your pick.

Who are the usual penny pinchers?

@hibs.net private member
    No, it's your pick.

Who are the usual penny pinchers?
    I won’t be drawn into a game of finger pointing, those who hold a differing opinion than me when it comes to financial support for the club will know who they are.

Folk are asking why people expect a low price ticket, my response was for them.

Pretty sure Brondby away was around £6 a ticket & print @ home. How or who sets those prices I’ve no idea but he certainly knows his onions.

I won’t be drawn into a game of finger pointing, those who hold a differing opinion than me when it comes to financial support for the club will know who they are.

Folk are asking why people expect a low price ticket, my response was for them.
    You started the Uber fan finger pointing with your "usual penny pinchers" pish.

If you haven't got the balls to back up your words, you shouldn't make sweeping accusations.

Not only are you wrong about the folk saying Hibs should have reduced the price, you're wrong about the reasons they said it.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trev the hat View Post
    Pretty sure Brondby away was around £6 a ticket & print @ home. How or who sets those prices I’ve no idea but he certainly knows his onions.
    IIRC, Brondby's TV money was much higher than we could hope to get here.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Happy enough with that. There will be a decent crowd in for a European game and we need the money for players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    You started the Uber fan finger pointing with your "usual penny pinchers" pish.

If you haven't got the balls to back up your words, you shouldn't make sweeping accusations.

Not only are you wrong about the folk saying Hibs should have reduced the price, you're wrong about the reasons they said it.
    A non specific comment that applied to more than a couple of people is not finger pointing btw. You’re entitled to your opinion and so am I... it does seem like you go out of your way to disagree with me a lot, perhaps you need a hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    IIRC, Brondby's TV money was much higher than we could hope to get here.

Yip I’m sure there was similar costs for Malmo away.
    It highlights how poor out TV revenue really is.

its usual that the two teams reps meet after the draw and discuss game prices etc.

Maybe this wee team are short too and they dont think they will make it through to the second round.

So the price was set for both sides to get something out of it.

For goodness sake this is what Hibs fought out last season for, to play in Europe!

We backed them through a tough but interesting season to get Into this European draw and now we get here and all we have is a post full of people bumping their gums at the price of the ticket of the very first game!

If you dont want or cant afford the ticket then dont go..... end of!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    its usual that the two teams reps meet after the draw and discuss game prices etc.

Maybe this wee team are short too and they dont think they will make it through to the second round.

So the price was set for both sides to get something out of it.

For goodness sake this is what Hibs fought out last season for, to play in Europe!

We backed them through a tough but interesting season to get Into this European draw and now we get here and all we have is a post full of people bumping their gums at the price of the ticket of the very first game!

If you dont want or cant afford the ticket then dont go..... end of!
    Do we share the gate money?

A non specific comment that applied to more than a couple of people is not finger pointing btw. You’re entitled to your opinion and so am I... it does seem like you go out of your way to disagree with me a lot, perhaps you need a hobby?
    Given that I started this thread arguing that prices should be kept low for the Runavik game, and you disagreed with me, it's clearly you that needs the hobby.

Why won't you clarify who your cowardly catch all insult about "usual penny pinchers" was aimed at?

Hibs didn't set the price.

who did then?