hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McGinn

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another rumour.

We're signing Skacel.

Can't wait to see him in a Hibs jersey.......cos...... I reckon...

Rudi can't fail.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    someone will blow him up with their "Remote Control"

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    There will be a green and white riot if that happens.
    That's simply not true.

I've heard he's retired from football to become a plastic surgeon and rights your nose.

Delete this thread. (track 3 on greatest hits)

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Another rumour.

We're signing Skacel.

Can't wait to see him in a Hibs jersey.......cos...... I reckon...

Rudi can't fail.

One of my favourite Clash tracks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    We'll know this Strummer.
    Brill

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    We'll know this Strummer.
    That’s a Topper

Nothing will happen until clubs have finished scanning the world cup games for unearthed gems …. like Jao Pinto Rodrigues de Santo Costa Coffee, who plays for FC Viva the Revoluthion in Panama. Currently available for 50 pesos and a donkey in working condition, but whose one decent performance against England will ramp up his fee to £10,000,000

If we want to unearth a gem, then we've just missed out on the Spaniard Julián Cerdá Vicente as I've heard he doesn't want to give up his part time work in counter-narcotics. In other words, Juli's been working for the drug squad.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Testimonial Due
    Seemingly we are taking the entire Hearts squad - Police and Thieves!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Seemingly we are taking the entire Hearts squad - Police and Thieves!
    Used already

One of us must know what’s going on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    That's all Tosh.
    Neil Lennon says, ‘You’d better watch my sides.’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes most sense for him to stay. Think if he wants to cement his place in the Scotland squad his best bet is staying. Hopefully sign a new contract with the intentions of selling him maybe the next again season. I think he will stay/

I see Armstrong is discussing personal terms with Southampton after Celtic agree a fee for Armstrong. Will they go for McGinn if this deal goes through?

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    This is no criticism of SJM but I still can’t see his place in the Celtic team

John sees his place beyond Scottish football but Celtic won’t like that

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    I see Armstrong is discussing personal terms with Southampton after Celtic agree a fee for Armstrong. Will they go for McGinn if this deal goes through?
    Terrific move for Armstrong who on his day is one of the best players in Scotland TC - cracking player whose weakness is perhaps self belief. A very gifted footballer who can now push on and show it in the top league(s). I've seen him a few times recently near where I stay in Edinburgh and wondered if he actually stayed here ? We need more young players in the EPL and top leagues abroad.

SJM will be a Celtic player, I think it's been planned since January if honest.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Terrific move for Armstrong who on his day is one of the best players in Scotland TC - cracking player whose weakness is perhaps self belief. A very gifted footballer who can now push on and show it in the top league(s). I've seen him a few times recently near where I stay in Edinburgh and wondered if he actually stayed here ? We need more young players in the EPL and top leagues abroad.

SJM will be a Celtic player, I think it's been planned since January if honest.
    Yeah I agree, Armstrong on his day is fantastic to watch hope he does well if he goes.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Losing MGeouch and McGinn with Mallan as replacement would be ****ing awful business and Hibs will know this by the response. Don't care who knew first amongst us really.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Losing MGeouch and McGinn with Mallan as replacement would be ****ing awful business and Hibs will know this by the response. Don't care who knew first amongst us really.
    I think realistically Iggy, Lennon has known he'll lose Dylan and SJM this window and the plans will have been in place since January to recruit suitable replacements. I'm between excited and anxious as to who we will replace them with, but not in a panic due to the lack of movement so far............I think it'll fall into place in the next 2 weeks

I think there will be a couple of real 'leftfield' signings, as well as Allan, Mallan and we'll try our best for McLaren

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I think realistically Iggy, Lennon has known he'll lose Dylan and SJM this window and the plans will have been in place since January to recruit suitable replacements. I'm between excited and anxious as to who we will replace them with, but not in a panic due to the lack of movement so far............I think it'll fall into place in the next 2 weeks

I think there will be a couple of real 'leftfield' signings, as well as Allan, Mallan and we'll try our best for McLaren
    They’ll have to be TH. We can’t lose our best 2 midfielders, without replacing them, and Allan and Mallan aren’t replacements for them

@hibs.net private member
    I think McGinn will be here this season if Celtic don’t go for him. I think he will allow his contract to go down and possibly sign a pre-season contract in 6 months time with Celtic.

I know folk on Hibs Net have said that SJM wants to go down south and possibly he does, but a mate of mine who knows a member of his family ( I’ve posted this already ) seems to think he is desperate ( irrespective of what he has been saying publically ) to join Celtic.

I have no idea if this is true or being a wind up from his family member but my mate swears blind this is what he is being told.

GGTTH

I've been a realistic thinking Hibby for nearly 50 years and Hibs.net never changes that.. Heard a lot of this before. Season starts in less than 3 weeks. Stark reality is, those two out and the one in that you ITKers are blathering about with the appreciative audience on your coat tails equals abysmal business. Not that I'm blaming you or any of the others for sharing your 'knowledge'. I'm suggesting that Hibs have a lot of work to do in a short space Work that I'd hope they aren't sharing with any of you really. Been a while since I seen any ST sales updates.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    I've been a realistic thinking Hibby for nearly 50 years and Hibs.net never changes that.. Heard a lot of this before. Season starts in less than 3 weeks. Stark reality is, those two out and the one in that you ITKers are blathering about with the appreciative audience on your coat tails equals abysmal business. Not that I'm blaming you or any of the others for sharing your 'knowledge'. I'm suggesting that Hibs have a lot of work to do in a short space Work that I'd hope they aren't sharing with any of you really. Been a while since I seen any ST sales updates.
    I agree does seem to be dragging, and if we’re all honest, a bit concerning
    The team were back in for training this week, training for a Europa league game, with prestige and a lot of money at stake!!

At what stage do we become concerned about what’s happening, it’s got to be soon, if Hibs want a run in Europe and a good start to the season.

On another point, other teams who are back, are keeping their fans updated with photos of training etc. Maybe I’m mistaken, but I don’t think I’ve seen or read anything?

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I agree does seem to be dragging, and if we’re all honest, a bit concerning
    The team were back in for training this week, training for a Europa league game, with prestige and a lot of money at stake!!

At what stage do we become concerned about what’s happening, it’s got to be soon, if Hibs want a run in Europe and a good start to the season.

On another point, other teams who are back, are keeping their fans updated with photos of training etc. Maybe I’m mistaken, but I don’t think I’ve seen or read anything?

With the biggest budget in our history i'm expecting some Quality signings through the door !

Coaching Staff
    They’ll have to be TH. We can’t lose our best 2 midfielders, without replacing them, and Allan and Mallan aren’t replacements for them
    The think the one 'positive' or way to view things Billy is that when we signed SJM (to replace Scott Allan really) it was almost a 'who' or 'meh' (being honest) - he surpassed all expectations and was integral in moving us forward. Who's to say a young, hungry, enthusiastic Mallan wouldn't be the same (or someone else we have earmarked ).

Again, the huge positive is that we are in a healthy position footballing wise, with the support galvanised and all fully behind Neil Lennon and the players. It's not a rebuild to avoid the humdrum of bottom 6, it's an addition of quality to maintain top 4 and above - yes, we are losing two very influential players potentially, but I genuinely trust Lennon to identify good players to replace them. I get the fact people are worrying about Europe, and it's a lovely worry to have given we are in the cup...........but the bread and butter is the league and cups (domestically), and those are the competitions we must be ready for. I said in January, loads would hinge on SJM moving and to whom. I still think it will be Celtic and I still think we'll get two or maybe three players from them in return.

Meanwhile Riccarton looks like an NFL game with a roster of 50 unknown players I know what position I'd rather be in right now in the pre-season. We'll be okay Billy

The think the one 'positive' or way to view things Billy is that when we signed SJM (to replace Scott Allan really) it was almost a 'who' or 'meh' (being honest) - he surpassed all expectations and was integral in moving us forward. Who's to say a young, hungry, enthusiastic Mallan wouldn't be the same (or someone else we have earmarked ).

Again, the huge positive is that we are in a healthy position footballing wise, with the support galvanised and all fully behind Neil Lennon and the players. It's not a rebuild to avoid the humdrum of bottom 6, it's an addition of quality to maintain top 4 and above - yes, we are losing two very influential players potentially, but I genuinely trust Lennon to identify good players to replace them. I get the fact people are worrying about Europe, and it's a lovely worry to have given we are in the cup...........but the bread and butter is the league and cups (domestically), and those are the competitions we must be ready for. I said in January, loads would hinge on SJM moving and to whom. I still think it will be Celtic and I still think we'll get two or maybe three players from them in return.

Meanwhile Riccarton looks like an NFL game with a roster of 50 unknown players I know what position I'd rather be in right now in the pre-season. We'll be okay Billy
    A meek or embarrassing capitulation in Europe and we will be far from okay. Much as previous experience has proved. A good start to the season, any season, is vital. The club worked like bears to qualify for Europe and the support backed them. Lovely worry my bum.

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    With the biggest budget in our history i'm expecting some Quality signings through the door !

I Still think it was stupidity to Announce our Biggest Budget ever....

Coaching Staff
    A meek or embarrassing capitulation in Europe and we will be far from okay. Much as previous experience has proved. A good start to the season, any season, is vital. The club worked like bears to qualify for Europe and the support backed them. Lovely worry my bum.
    First game in Europe is v a team from the Faroes and it's well over 3 weeks away.............I ain't worried or stressing as I think we will win it. It is a 'lovely worry' to have Iggy and yes, they worked hard for it. But if the squad as it is struggles v a team from the Faroes, then games a bogey as they say. The squad as it is should and will win both ties. Plenty time between now, then, and beyond to sign quality And for what it's worth I think we will have at least 2 signings prior to then.

Plus........young guys like Fraser Murray, OLI Shaw and Ryan Porteous (and Jamie Gullan) are very good players to have in these games too like your moniker bud (legend that he is), be 'optimistic socially' and not 'pessimistic personally'

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    I Still think it was stupidity to Announce our Biggest Budget ever....
    We never really, that’s what the headline suggested but it was largely missed that Dempster was including the back room and sports science staff as well, I think she was just trying to highlight the football side is a big operation now and not just throwing money at a few players in the starting 11.

Would she even know or care what the budget was when we were signing Latapy, sauzee, Zitelli and co?

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Going to stick my neck out here and say that if every one of our midfielders plays to their best ability, Allan is the pick of them.