hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Legalise cannabis? You're encouraging folk to roll joints with tobacco?
    Haven't we spent billions on health campaigns about this in the last few decades?
    Most people wouldn’t smoke it with tobacco I wouldn’t think?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Well I wonder! In Canada it's probably cheaper to buy so you could drop it into a pipe or roll a spliff with it or whatever without needing tobacco.

Hard to say though, eh? More research required. At one time I'd volunteer to help, but I'll stick to red wine!

Well I wonder! In Canada it's probably cheaper to buy so you could drop it into a pipe or roll a spliff with it or whatever without needing tobacco.

Hard to say though, eh? More research required. At one time I'd volunteer to help, but I'll stick to red wine!
    Everyone I know here in the US that smokes it does it straight. In fact, the idea of mixing it with baccy is appalling to them.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

And then there's the food additives. Cookies, stews and the likes. Much healthier.

Canada has now become a living experiment, and one which Europe and the rest of the West should be looking at with interest. A nationwide experience in health, recreation, social attitudes, tax, and many other factors.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Everyone I know here in the US that smokes it does it straight. In fact, the idea of mixing it with baccy is appalling to them.
    Sure if it was to be legalised in UK more folk would turn to vaping it, cuts out the nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Sure if it was to be legalised in UK more folk would turn to vaping it, cuts out the nicotine.
    If that is possible then that's the way. I've no beef against dope. I've smoked enough in my time but I am vehemently anti smoking fags.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Meh!

I'm now in my late 60's and I've been smoking since the '70s. Legal or not, I will continue until I die because I like it. My Life My Choice

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Meh!

I'm now in my late 60's and I've been smoking since the '70s. Legal or not, I will continue until I die because I like it. My Life My Choice
    You Criminal...;)

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    You Criminal...;)
    One notes your location and raises a middle finger in salute

If that is possible then that's the way. I've no beef against dope. I've smoked enough in my time but I am vehemently anti smoking fags.
    The doc told me I had to stop smoking with nicotine, bought a vapour and a few pipes a couple of months a go and it has been a great substitute for smoking joints, still like a J at the end of the night in the garden but vaping it is the way ahead, does solids and weed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Meh!

Haven't smoked a normal fag for years now, may sound strange but I hate the smell of a cigarette but don't mind a joint.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I think it is only really the UK where smoking it with tobacco is a common occurrence, or so I’m told.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    I lived in The Netherlands for 8 years,and smoked it regularly.
    That explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I think it is only really the UK where smoking it with tobacco is a common occurrence, or so I’m told.
    I think it is a legacy from when hash was the more common thing for people to smoke. Grass is now the number 1 but until the millennium it was very difficult to get.

I think it should be legal it is certainly less toxic to the body than alcohol.

However it is extremely powerful substance, not to be underestimated in it's strength or psychoactive nature.

The biggest mistake I think is that people think this a recreational drug and can be used as much as one wants. It can seriously mess your mind up if you are not careful and not pay attention to your body any mind.

The regular smoker should always have off days/weeks.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeTeam View Post
    I think it should be legal it is certainly less toxic to the body than alcohol.

However it is extremely powerful substance, not to be underestimated in it's strength or psychoactive nature.

The biggest mistake I think is that people think this a recreational drug and can be used as much as one wants. It can seriously mess your mind up if you are not careful and not pay attention to your body any mind.

The regular smoker should always have off days/weeks.
    One of the arguments for legalisation is that it can be regulated. There will be control over its strength, and the user will know with certainty exactly what they are buying.

Just as with alcohol, people will learn their limits and tolerances.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Anyone just watch Dispatches?

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Anyone just watch Dispatches?
    Yes, Colorado.
    Interesting that there's still a huge black market.
    The strength of some of the legal stuff you buy was mind blowing, scuse the pun 😁

@hibs.net private member
    It's an absolute no brainier. Legalise, regulate and tax.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    It's an absolute no brainier. Legalise, regulate and tax.

It sounds too simple to be true. Tax and duty will increase the price compared to the black market, so to speak.

Why pay more over the counter when you can buy it from your current source for less?

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    It sounds too simple to be true. Tax and duty will increase the price compared to the black market, so to speak.

Why pay more over the counter when you can buy it from your current source for less?
    It costs so much at the moment because it is illegal and risky to grow. It can be grown fairly cheaply, especially if you are not having to hide what you are doing and can grow fields of the stuff.

There is also the matter of consistent quality, which cannot be guaranteed on the black market.

As I mentioned before, would you buy some homebrew beer for slightly less than branded beer from a shop? I don't think I would.

https://sencanada.ca/content/sen/com...ion/korf-e.htm

Quite an I teresting read that looks at how increased availability does not necessarily mean increased use, at least amongst the Dutch.

Here is more up to date article.

https://m.eastbayexpress.com/LegalizationNation/archives/2011/09/22/going-dutch-teen-marijuana-use-in-the-us-vs-netherlands-the-full-interview-with-cal-professor-robert-maccoun
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 24-10-2018 at 04:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    It costs so much at the moment because it is illegal and risky to grow. It can be grown fairly cheaply, especially if you are not having to hide what you are doing and can grow fields of the stuff.

There is also the matter of consistent quality, which cannot be guaranteed on the black market.

As I mentioned before, would you buy some homebrew beer for slightly less than branded beer from a shop? I don't think I would.
    I believe the UK is already a large producer of cannabis for medicinal purposes so the growing industry is already there.

Not sure about the ‘home brew’ comments as the black market production is pretty sophisticated.

Agree on the price though...it would seem pretty easy to replace the premium that is charged now for the illegality element with a tax level that beats that.

Still if it was legal to grow your own then maybe the market might not be as big as expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post

Interesting point but the government will never allow a selling price less than what the current illegal price is.

If they did they would be seen to encourage the trade and if you are happy with the current price/ product why not stick to it?

Some illegal dealers will benefit from legalisation.

Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    I believe the UK is already a large producer of cannabis for medicinal purposes so the growing industry is already there.

Not sure about the ‘home brew’ comments as the black market production is pretty sophisticated.

Agree on the price though...it would seem pretty easy to replace the premium that is charged now for the illegality element with a tax level that beats that.

Still if it was legal to grow your own then maybe the market might not be as big as expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree that the quality seems to be there, b, ut, it can be a hit or a miss. Homebrew was the best analogy I could come up with. The problem is if we both grew the same strain, we would likely get different results depending on growing method, feed type etc etc. There is also a lot of nasties that can be added to increase yield which I hope a government would be keen to avoid due to the increased health risks.

Allowing everyone to have a couple of plants would be a big step forward, but unless it was legal to sell/buy I can imagine the black market forces would exploit vulnerable people to grow for them, much as they do now but with a bit more wriggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by pollution View Post
    Interesting point but the government will never allow a selling price less than what the current illegal price is.

If they did they would be seen to encourage the trade and if you are happy with the current price/ product why not stick to it?

Some illegal dealers will benefit from legalisation.
    The problem is there is no 'set' price. I could get for different prices from different people, and it also depends on quantity. I know that some people pay 12.50 for one gram of weed, whereas others pay fraction of that. Let's say an ounce goes for 200, there is a discrepancy of 150 quid there compared with the singke gram price.

My current position is that dope should be legal but tobacco should be banned. How's that?